Ladoucer to the 49ers

ColSixPack

Ladoucer to the 49ers

Post by ColSixPack » Thu May 23, 2013 1:17 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 47388.html

Interesting. Can't wait for the movie. Who's going to play Rollo or TT?

Red

Re: Ladoucer to the 49ers

Post by Red » Thu May 23, 2013 1:30 pm

ColSixPack wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 47388.html

What does Rollo or TT have to do with it?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

ColSixPack

Post by ColSixPack » Fri May 24, 2013 6:39 am

Red wrote:
What does Rollo or TT have to do with it?
Well....didn't they play quite a few times? It was a question of who would you think would play a good Rollo or Troy Thomas, albeit that would be a very small part of the movie. If it makes you feel better, put any OC coach in there that has played DLS. My vote would be for Sam Elliot as Rollo, and Jason Statham as TT.

Red

Post by Red » Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 am

ColSixPack wrote: Well....didn't they play quite a few times? It was a question of who would you think would play a good Rollo or Troy Thomas, albeit that would be a very small part of the movie. If it makes you feel better, put any OC coach in there that has played DLS. My vote would be for Sam Elliot as Rollo, and Jason Statham as TT.
Nah, I am going to leave that one alone. Sam Elliot as Rollo? Raspy voice?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

ColSixPack

Post by ColSixPack » Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 am

Red wrote:
Nah, I am going to leave that one alone. Sam Elliot as Rollo? Raspy voice?
They have CGI to make Staham smaller...like they made the cast smaller in Lord of the Rings. Nick Nolte for Rollo then?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 am

ColSixPack wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 47388.html

The name of the movie (currently being filmed) is "When The Game Stands Tall", after the book. It is scheduled for release in September, 2014, and stars Jim Caviezel as Coach Ladouceur.

Coaches Rollinson and Thomas are not in the movie, but if they were, it would take a guy with a classic mustache to play Coach Rollinson -- either Sam Elliott or Paul Teutel Sr. The logical choice to play Coach Thomas would be Verne Troyer.

ColSixPack

Post by ColSixPack » Fri May 24, 2013 9:20 am

MDDad wrote: The name of the movie (currently being filmed) is "When The Game Stands Tall", after the book. It is scheduled for release in September, 2014, and stars Jim Caviezel as Coach Ladouceur.

Coaches Rollinson and Thomas are not in the movie, but if they were, it would take a guy with a classic mustache to play Coach Rollinson -- either Sam Elliott or Paul Teutel Sr. The logical choice to play Coach Thomas would be Verne Troyer.
OMG +1

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:41 am

You need someone hot in the biz, a shaved head Johnny Gilecki, Big Bang Theory as TT

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Crespi will be a new monster with Troy Thomas.

Scarleg

Post by Scarleg » Tue May 28, 2013 8:16 am

I'm thinking Danny DeVito would be a good fit TT

ColSixPack

Post by ColSixPack » Wed May 29, 2013 6:23 am

MDDad wrote: The name of the movie (currently being filmed) is "When The Game Stands Tall", after the book. It is scheduled for release in September, 2014, and stars Jim Caviezel as Coach Ladouceur.

Any idea when this is supposed to come out? If Soderberg is directing this one, it's going to be awesome. I love most high school football movies(except Remember the Titans....Disney needs to stay away from sports movies). Friday Night Lights was great.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed May 29, 2013 6:37 am

ColSixPack wrote: Any idea when this is supposed to come out? If Soderberg is directing this one, it's going to be awesome. I love most high school football movies(except Remember the Titans....Disney needs to stay away from sports movies). Friday Night Lights was great.

Shows how little you know about Disney and Sports. Disney in its brief time as owners molded two sport franchises that had never won its leagues championship (World Series and Stanley Cup) to championships. Disney is also a player in youth sports as it houses the National AAU executive offices in Florida at it's sports park.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed May 29, 2013 8:29 am

ColSixPack wrote:Any idea when this is supposed to come out?
As I posted earlier, it is scheduled for release in September, 2014.

The director is Thomas Carter, who played Hayward in The White Shadow, as well as directing many episodes of The White Shadow, St. Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues.

Mrs. Lad in the movie is played by Laura Dern.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed May 29, 2013 8:39 am

MDDad wrote: As I posted earlier, it is scheduled for release in September, 2014.

The director is Thomas Carter, who played Hayward in The White Shadow, as well as directing many episodes of The White Shadow, St. Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues.

Mrs. Lad in the movie is played by Laura Dern.

Hayward, "The White Shadow" was certainly a unique show for the time. The actual coach who the real story is about (minus most of the coach Reeves hype) went to Kennedy HS here in OC.

ColSixPack

Post by ColSixPack » Wed May 29, 2013 11:13 am

THETRUTH wrote:

Shows how little you know about Disney and Sports. Disney in its brief time as owners molded two sport franchises that had never won its leagues championship (World Series and Stanley Cup) to championships. Disney is also a player in youth sports as it houses the National AAU executive offices in Florida at it's sports park.
Ummm....I did say sport MOVIES. If you say that The Mighty Ducks Movies were good, then I don't know what to tell you. Name one good, not cheesy sport movie that they have put out.

"Any idea when this is supposed to come out? If Soderberg is directing this one, it's going to be awesome. I love most high school football movies(except Remember the Titans....Disney needs to stay away from sports movies). Friday Night Lights was great."

spread4

Post by spread4 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Nick Nolte as Rollo

RandyF59

Post by RandyF59 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:13 pm

spread4 wrote:Nick Nolte as Rollo
or the guy who played the Cleveland manager in "Major League".

El Jefe

Post by El Jefe » Fri May 31, 2013 1:00 pm

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 am

RandyF59 wrote: or the guy who played the Cleveland manager in "Major League".
Oh Yeah. James Gammon. Too bad he's dead, but he would have been perfect.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS