11. Serra

10. Corona Centennial

6. St John Bosco

1. De La Salle

Wow! Bosco is 6th?

rvoltes5

Re: Preseason Number 1 (MaxPreps)

Post by rvoltes5 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Phew, it's a good thing the teams play the games huh?
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm

This ain't your Kiki Mendoza braves anymore. The change has been incredible these past 3years. Only ppl surprised by this ranking are guys that did not see them play last year. Literally everybody returns from last years team..... And they will be here to stay for awhile.

Serra and poly have better athletes. But Bosco is better coached with a better program. Although Bosco does hae 11 players with legit div 1 offers.
I like what the article said about sm last year. Anything can happen once the season starts.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:44 am

Recruiting does wonders.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:35 am

BoscoBandWagon wrote:This ain't your Kiki Mendoza braves anymore. The change has been incredible these past 3years. Only ppl surprised by this ranking are guys that did not see them play last year. Literally everybody returns from last years team..... And they will be here to stay for awhile.

Serra and poly have better athletes. But Bosco is better coached with a better program. Although Bosco does hae 11 players with legit div 1 offers.
I like what the article said about sm last year. Anything can happen once the season starts.
IMHO, Bosco is being hyped.

Long Beach Poly beat them, yet they are ranked behind them.

Bosco lacks depth in Runningback, WR, and seemed pretty tired out during the games.

They should be ranked behind Poly but they are definitely up there.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:09 am

joefutbol wrote:Recruiting does wonders.

Wow, do you have any proof that coaches are seeking out kinds to come to Boscol?

It is ok if not, I do, this past weekend I spoke with a dad who and without really knowing the Bosco Coach was doing something illegal, explained to me about his conversation (s) with the Bosco Coach and how they are working with the admissions office now.

porkchop

Post by porkchop » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 am

Boscobandwagon, what do you mean when you said "they will be here to stay for awhile". Are they being held back couple yrs?

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Bosco is legit. Poly is legit too. Both of these teams are going to compete for a Pac-5 title barring a major catastrophe. Bosco is finally realizing its potential. A solid private school in an area with good football demographics. Once they got the proper coaching and support from the administration, that program was definitely going to be on the upswing. Bosco is here to stay. Servite needs to step up or they are going to be scrambling for wildcard spots in the coming years.

Anyone else notice that Servite has 4 of the Top 25 nationally ranked teams on its schedule? Bosco, Poly, De la Salle and Bishop Gorman (preseason #25)? Long season ahead I fear....

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Wow Truth,

So you heard second hand that a Dad talked to Bosco about sending his son to school there and that now, given his son has expressed a desire to attend school there, the admission department is involved???

Stop me when I get to something illegal...

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:50 pm

FriarJoe wrote:Bosco is legit. Poly is legit too. Both of these teams are going to compete for a Pac-5 title barring a major catastrophe. Bosco is finally realizing its potential. A solid private school in an area with good football demographics. Once they got the proper coaching and support from the administration, that program was definitely going to be on the upswing. Bosco is here to stay. Servite needs to step up or they are going to be scrambling for wildcard spots in the coming years.

Anyone else notice that Servite has 4 of the Top 25 nationally ranked teams on its schedule? Bosco, Poly, De la Salle and Bishop Gorman (preseason #25)? Long season ahead I fear....
"Here to stay" is short-lived in the Trinity league. Mater Dei, Servite, and SM had nice runs as elite, State Champion quality teams (MD still might be there), but Bosco can put together a nice run now. It's what they do in two years that will determine if they are here to stay as a quality competitor.

...as for Servite, yes we all know, it's a brutal schedule.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:53 pm

...However, you know you've made it when you get accused of recruiting. Good for Bosco.

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:22 pm

don't be that guy I agree completely. if you don't make the playoffs in the Trinity you basically get fired and they bring in somebody else with better credentials that takes the program to the next level. Well except for servite. Staying on top of the trinity is hard to do.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:27 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:This ain't your Kiki Mendoza braves anymore. The change has been incredible these past 3years.
Don't forget that Bosco's recruiting success was given lots of targets as a result of the collapse of Lakewood HS. Until that situation improves, St. John Lakewood will continue to be rated up there with the top teams.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

UHWarrior

Post by UHWarrior » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Bosco is definitely a contender for the PAC-5 championship. The only team in the trinity league to challenge the Braves this next seasonwill be the Monarchs. Everyone else Bosco should beat like a drum. Coach Negro is a good coach (he proved that at Trabuco Hills) and seems to be passionate about winning. Is a no. 6 ranking deserved at this point? Sure why not? Right now Bosco's undefeated.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Littlelionheart,

Bosco has 11 current members of the team with D1 scholarships, and 8 of them live nowhere near the Lakewood borders (not that the Lakewood 3 did either).

Bosco will continue to attract D1 talent and develop D1 talent (they have players with D1 offers that have yet to play a down of varsity football because of one off season of development)

You can continue to cry about the Lakewood kids all you want, but Josh Rosen is not a Lakewood kid, and his top two WRs will not be Lakewood kids, and he will not be handing off to a Lakewood kid.

And when your RB gets jacked by a Bosco defender, odds are it will be any one of the 6 other returning starters on defense or the new starter that already has a D1 offer.

Please...keep worrying about the Lakewood kids, we really hope that's all you prepare for...

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:05 am

TrinityLFB wrote:Littlelionheart,

Bosco has 11 current members of the team with D1 scholarships, and 8 of them live nowhere near the Lakewood borders (not that the Lakewood 3 did either).

Bosco will continue to attract D1 talent and develop D1 talent (they have players with D1 offers that have yet to play a down of varsity football because of one off season of development)

You can continue to cry about the Lakewood kids all you want, but Josh Rosen is not a Lakewood kid, and his top two WRs will not be Lakewood kids, and he will not be handing off to a Lakewood kid.

And when your RB gets jacked by a Bosco defender, odds are it will be any one of the 6 other returning starters on defense or the new starter that already has a D1 offer.

Please...keep worrying about the Lakewood kids, we really hope that's all you prepare for...
So, what you're saying is, Bosco has three transfers with D1 offers.....

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:00 am

Can anyone answer my question as to why Bosco should be 17 ranks higher than Poly?

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:16 am

There really is no reason for it.

If most people saw what Poly was bringing back or their lower levels, they wouldn't really rank Bosco ahead of them.

Poly brings back the core of its defense, its QB, and the entire Oline from a team that took it to Bosco in the playoffs.

Maxpreps is all about hype. This is the same maxpreps that had Bosco ranked #1 in the nation last year and most Bosco fans, including myself, laughed at that.

I think the comparisons made between SM last year and Bosco this year are pretty right on. Bosco has a lot of top end talent but is very thin, and injuries will take a quick toll. And, with their preseason and league...injuries will happen.

It will end up being about how the younger guys step up and fill roles that will need to be filled at some point.

Haroof

Post by Haroof » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:34 am

Meaningless preseason rankings.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:42 am

TrinityLFB wrote:There really is no reason for it.

If most people saw what Poly was bringing back or their lower levels, they wouldn't really rank Bosco ahead of them.

Poly brings back the core of its defense, its QB, and the entire Oline from a team that took it to Bosco in the playoffs.

Maxpreps is all about hype. This is the same maxpreps that had Bosco ranked #1 in the nation last year and most Bosco fans, including myself, laughed at that.

I think the comparisons made between SM last year and Bosco this year are pretty right on. Bosco has a lot of top end talent but is very thin, and injuries will take a quick toll. And, with their preseason and league...injuries will happen.

It will end up being about how the younger guys step up and fill roles that will need to be filled at some point.
When SM was plagued with the injury bug they had loads of young guys fill in for the Varsity.

Don't count them out yet, Harry Welch is full of surprises. I will take them over Mater Dei