Welch done after 2013

Dan Patrick

Re: Welch done after 2013

Post by Dan Patrick »

Tesoro is where those kids are supposed to go.
Absolutely wrong. There are both Saddleback (MV) and Capo (Tesoro) district boundaries in all of these communities.
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

Absolutely wrong. There are both Saddleback (MV) and Capo (Tesoro) district boundaries in all of these communities.[/quote]

So what you are saying is that a lot of those kids are supposed to go to Tesoro? You're right, I'm absolutely wrong. Thanks
Mr. Grady

Post by Mr. Grady »

Wrong about Tesoro there Pally. Below is the link to the Saddleback USD boundary. The areas in brown south of SM go to Tesoro as its a Capo USD school and most of Coto is in the CUSD. The kids in areas in white near SM go to either TH or MV. Using their website if you type in any street name west of Plano Trabuco and it says your HS is Trabuco Hills. East of Plano Trabuco are where Robinson Ranch, Rancho Cielo, Walden and Dove Canyon are - Mission country.

http://www.svusd.k12.ca.us/districtinfo/districtmap.asp
Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick »

dont be that guy wrote:Absolutely wrong. There are both Saddleback (MV) and Capo (Tesoro) district boundaries in all of these communities.
So what you are saying is that a lot of those kids are supposed to go to Tesoro? You're right, I'm absolutely wrong. Thanks[/quote]

No you are absolutely right-you're wrong.

For those of you who are mentally challenged (you know who you are-you ARE that guy) Mr. Grady has spelled it out for you in the post above. Next time I'll add graphics so you wont have to strain yourself with words and concepts.... --:--
frankieboy1

Post by frankieboy1 »

this puts SM in Trabuco Hills attendance area-barely. Cross the other side of Plano Trabuco, it's MV (note that Bob Johnson has been the beneficiary of the likes of Jeff Baca (Dove Canyon-grew up three doors down from our house) as well as others
Mr. Grady

Post by Mr. Grady »

Essentially if you live in the north half of the City of RSM and your zip in 92688 you go to TH, if you live in RSM and your zip is 92679 (the more affluent demographic east of Plano Trabuco Road) you go to Mission.
bbfan1

Post by bbfan1 »

Mr. Grady wrote:Essentially if you live in the north half of the City of RSM and your zip in 92688 you go to TH, if you live in RSM and your zip is 92679 (the more affluent demographic east of Plano Trabuco Road) you go to Mission.
A good chunk of RSM is in Capo Unified. Dove Canyon is split between Capo and SVUSD - very strange boundaries for sure. All of Coto is in Capo and those kids should be going to Tesoro. Those east of Plano Trabuco used to have the choice between Mission and Trabuco Hills, with most choosing Mission. If the point of this thread is that transferring from SM to Mission is logical because of where you live I call BS. Lots of transfers to Mission have "moved" into the district and many others who are in Capo boundaries somehow find a way. Inter-district transfers have a better shot at getting into Mission but I would bet a cup of coffee that a huge majority of them are playing some sort of sport while those that don't play a sport get denied the transfer.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

bbfan1 wrote:Lots of transfers to Mission have "moved" into the district and many others who are in Capo boundaries somehow find a way. Inter-district transfers have a better shot at getting into Mission but I would bet a cup of coffee that a huge majority of them are playing some sort of sport while those that don't play a sport get denied the transfer.
It's probably just a coincidence that Kristine Palle, the CIF-SS assistant commissioner responsible for eligibility and hardships, comes from Mission Viejo High School.
socalfootballfan

Post by socalfootballfan »

You all are pissing into the wind

It is well known that Mission boundaries reach all the way up to Newport and all the way down to Oceanside.

Last time Johnson coached just kids living in MV boundaries, he went 1 and 9.
He learned pretty quick that it would take more then just MV kids in order to win.
BuckW

Post by BuckW »

The most recent transfer to MV resides in Trabuco's area. He attended Trabuco as a freshman. The Modsters and Suschek are from Capo district. This is part of the problem at MV. The transfers tend to divide the team and nearly caused a revolt last season. local parents demanding a meeting with BJ.

MV will walk through their weak schedule again this season and fall in the playoffs when they face a team that puts up a fight. Rolling up 60 points on teams like Aliso Niguel does not prepare the team for PAC 5 playoffs. Never has a program done less with more like BJ's underachievers.
Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick »

BuckW wrote:The most recent transfer to MV resides in Trabuco's area. He attended Trabuco as a freshman. The Modsters and Suschek are from Capo district. This is part of the problem at MV. The transfers tend to divide the team and nearly caused a revolt last season. local parents demanding a meeting with BJ.
They may have demanded a meeting, but I'll bet they didn't get it. Doesn't matter who your kid is, don't let the door hit you on the way out if you don't like the way things are run at Mission.

Not too many successful HSFB programs with the parents calling the shots. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Might be interesting to see which parent is shown the door faster if they're not happy with Junior's playing time, Welch's door or Johnson's door. My bet is they are both out the door in a matter of seconds. Say what you will about Johnson or Welch, like them or not, there's only one person calling the shots, and it ain't a parent.....
BuckW

Post by BuckW »

You got a point DPatrick no one was sent packing faster then the younger Modster who dared to play the same position as BJ's grandchild. Daddyball taken to the next level.
Ocrckstar

Post by Ocrckstar »

BuckW wrote:The most recent transfer to MV resides in Trabuco's area. He attended Trabuco as a freshman. The Modsters and Suschek are from Capo district. This is part of the problem at MV. The transfers tend to divide the team and nearly caused a revolt last season. local parents demanding a meeting with BJ.

MV will walk through their weak schedule again this season and fall in the playoffs when they face a team that puts up a fight. Rolling up 60 points on teams like Aliso Niguel does not prepare the team for PAC 5 playoffs. Never has a program done less with more like BJ's underachievers.
Not true. He lives in Missions district with his father.....Mom lives in Trabuco's district. Found that out after I learned he left SM for MV.
frankieboy1

Post by frankieboy1 »

A good chunk of RSM is in Capo Unified. Dove Canyon is split between Capo and SVUSD - very strange boundaries for sure. All of Coto is in Capo and those kids should be going to Tesoro. Those east of Plano Trabuco used to have the choice between Mission and Trabuco Hills, with most choosing Mission. If the point of this thread is that transferring from SM to Mission is logical because of where you live I call BS. Lots of transfers to Mission have "moved" into the district and many others who are in Capo boundaries somehow find a way. Inter-district transfers have a better shot at getting into Mission but I would bet a cup of coffee that a huge majority of them are playing some sort of sport while those that don't play a sport get denied the transfer.[/quote]

District divider in Dove Canyon is roughly the golf club house-south of that is Capo/Tesoro, north is Saddleback/Mission.

There are streets where one side of the street is in Capo, the other Saddleback.