Bishop Gorman vs. SM

kid66

Re: Bishop Gorman vs. SM

Post by kid66 »

Needs to hold onto the ball plain and simple. I saw the play 10 times as they kept showing the replay. But the camera angle was from behind the play and to the same side as the announcers box. If they would have had a camera on the other side and right at the end zone this would have been clear. Just like boxing, don't leave the fight in the hands of the judges. This is high school football. The refs do there best and this was a judgement call
Mr. Grady

Post by Mr. Grady »

News alert... Welch can't and won't be coming back. Thank Heavens. Yes, there are about six or eight parents of starters who want him to return including one PITA mom among them who was a student at Canyon of CC in the 80's who thought Welch, the English teacher, was some sort of dream come true. Anyway she wants her soph kid and maybe her 8th grader to experience just how wonderful and special he is. Ah, gee. Kinda warm and tingly, huh? Wait for it... Barf. OK. 3-7 and a loss to end the year vs. JSerra with Welch blaming the kids and pinning the poor record in particular on a young soph QB while, of course, not accepting responsibility for running dozens of existing kids off, scaring away prospctive parents with financial and time demands that are shocking and threats of perceived physical abuse (Frost), coupled with overscheduling with THIS squad, is shameful.

Bye bye.
Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick »

Why would the Eagle faithful even think that Welch has the option of coming back?
That ship sailed after last seasons "indiscretions".....
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the pointless quote
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

Geez man. What the hell are you babbling about? This team is clearly ahead of schedule. They should've beaten Gorman. The Soph QB is improving, the WR is terrific. The defense is good. They make a few mistakes (and still get those pesky phantom personal foul calls) but they are much better than anyone expected. The coach should be applauded not...whatever the hell you did on your post.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the pointless quote
socalfan

Post by socalfan »

You shouldn't let your hostility get in the way of the truth. The disappointment over Coach Welch's "retirement" is widespread among most SM football families - not just a few. I would know since I know many of the families. You've been consistent in your criticism of Welch which you're certainly entitled to, but you're not entitled to make up your own facts.

In addition, it's rather unbecoming of you to attack the mother of one of our players. It's beneath even you.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Great game Eagles,

The player's of SM very often show a lot of class in their play and discipline. I can recall several all star coaches commenting on the caliber of person as well as athlete for SM.

It would be good for the program to work with Welch, he is who he is, most of the good ones have their issues. Replacing HW and getting similar results are unlikely, not impossible, just unlikely.

No matter what; Eagles did the SS proud against Gorman, and coin toss as to who is better, I would have to say pretty even.

KJ came of age Friday night, all the arm chair QB's called for replacement, H knew the right approach, glad to see the kid have a great game. He will have a great career at SM...

Got to love these hard knock Eagles, coming from an HSFB fan, they looked pretty darn good, and by no means is there a clear leader in the Trinity, what a brutal league.
socalfan

Post by socalfan »

Thank you for your comments. Those calling for Costello to be replaced didn't know what they were talking about. Costello is likely to be the top high school QB in the country his senior year. His improvement since the spring has been impressive. Against Gorman, he threw the ball away a few times as opposed to forcing it in. That was an improvement over the Amat game where he tried forcing in passes that weren't there.

By the time the Trinity rolls around, SM is going to be a very formidable team that no one will want to overlook.
RedFred

Post by RedFred »

The "best in the country by his senior year" tag seems a litlle aggressive at this point. He is a strong armed kid with limited mobility. Hard to see that translating to best in the country, how about we take out the "r" and go with best in the county, that I could see.
socalfan

Post by socalfan »

Nope, I will stand on my comment. Just saw 2016 ranking, he is top 100.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Link, please? Because he is "NR" by scout.com, rivals.com and espn.com.

If you think the guys who do these subjective rankings actually travel around the country and evaluate every sophomore in order to make these Top 100 lists, you're naive. It's almost all hype and publicity.
socalfan

Post by socalfan »

Please. My son and all of his teammates are talking about it today. I will obtain the link and post. Thank you for your interest. We've missed your classy posts recently. Welcome back.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

On a side note, anyone have any inside info, if any on who will be the HC next season?

I would think since it's already been announced by the powers at be that Welch is retiring, they
would have someone in mind?
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Impressive showing for the Eagles...
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

I juts watched the replay of that OT touchdown that called back. Terrible call. The official that was 3 feet from the play got overruled by the official that was 20 yards away. How do they let that happen?

http://socialhub.usatodayhss.com/social ... -margarita
JimCanty

Post by JimCanty »

You must be proud of yourself! Insulting my wife and family is without a doubt the best way to validate your opinion. My real name is Jim Canty (I am sure yours is not Mr. Grady) and I am the husband and father of the woman and children you insulted. Aren't there any kittens you could abuse? You have to insult my family? Life has enough struggles without having to console my wife from your public postings. I am sure you feel good, it takes a special kind of person to use a blog to insult another man's family. Blogs were created for people like you - the uninformed and gutless. I had to ask what PITA meant (I am no longer in the 3rd grade) and am amazed that another human being who be so low. Well you can pat yourself on the back - you made my wife cry. You should be able to sleep better tonight. I can't wait for your next posting - there are individuals that support Coach Welch that have disabilities - you should be able to insult them to make your next point. Why don't you just confront me if you have a problem with my family? Was it really necessary to publically insult my family to make your point? I would really like the chance to meet you face to face to discuss your issues with my family - I am sure we must of done something awful to you to deserve your hate.

Your entitled to your opinion, but opinions without honor are just noise. You owe my wife and my children an apology. Step up and do the honorable thing.
socalfan

Post by socalfan »

Jim,

He's an idiot hiding behind a keyboard. There are a number of them on here, but the two most idiotic towards Harry and SM are Mr. Grady and Credofriar. I have no idea why this fool attacked your wife. It was uncalled for. He won't apologize nor will he be willing to publicly confront you. That's not how he rolls.

I'm sorry she's upset. It was shameful....truly shameful.
Trinitylguealum

Post by Trinitylguealum »

Jim Canty,

I agree with socalfan, several posters on here are trolls with zero football experience. Its easy to tell the guys who competed vs those who didn't. Tell your wife that these idiots aren't worth the tears. I'm sure she is a hard working, supportive Mother.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary quote removed
PinkishMeerkat

Post by PinkishMeerkat »

Bishop Gorman is a shady team, the officials call everything their way, they blast music when the opposing team is on offense, etc. Why do you think they have to schedule all these California teams? No one in Nevada wants to play them, and even the Las Vegas locals don't like them. Would have liked to have seen this game on fair ground. the outcome may very well have been different.
HS FB Fan 37

Post by HS FB Fan 37 »

I wonder if this makes it better or worse for SM...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/varsity-t ... z2ecZ9puYK

*waits for Mr. Grady to jump in and share his two cents about the last line of Welch's quote at the end of the article*
Luca

Post by Luca »

It is impressive that the ref would admit to his mistake. You can't really be too upset with the guy given that. It obviously was a mistaken call but things happen so fast you have to accept the inevitability of error. Too bad it occurred in that game changing situation, but it happens...............Luca