Servite at La Mirada

Notorious

Re: Servite at La Mirada

Post by Notorious » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Negative...Gabriel is 5 weeks old...Want to spend my evening chilling with him along with an ice cold Arrogant Bastard
He's 5 weeks old bro, cut the cord and get on with your life.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

ExRep

Post by ExRep » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Final score 38 to 14....Servite win.

La Mirada took the opening kickoff and drove to a touchdown in an outstanding ground attack up the middle that the Servite D was incapable of stopping. I thought it was going to be a very long night. Servite's first possession demonstrated a dominance that was equal to, or better, than the aforementioned La Mirada play. Servite scored and tied up the game. La Mirada was stopped short in its next possession, and Servite offense went on to dominate the game, while the Friar D continued to struggle until adjustments were made to finally stop the La Mirada ground game.

La Mirada's #5, all 5'6" of him, was a rocket propelled fireplug...making significant yardage with nearly every carry. But then the Friar D needs refresher training in tackling technique to stop the likes of #5. The La Mirada O Line must be given credit for its role in opening holes for the running backs...Ultimately the Friar defense adjusted and wore down the Mustangs.

Travis Waller has proven to be the genuine thing. His command of the field is a pleasure to watch.

It was a good game.....won against a tough team that fought to the end. The Friar fans filled the visitor side, and I would bet they outnumbered the Mustang fans. Maybe SoMelo took a picture.

ExRep
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz

Bigbear

Post by Bigbear » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:01 pm

I noticed that it seemed Servite's crowd was larger the La Mirada's. Anyways, time to now focus on a personal favorite of mine, the Edison Chargers.

On an unrelated note, I saw that Bishop Gorman finished it's California lineup by steamrolling Crespi to the tune of 42-9.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:05 pm

The Servite crowd was the weakest I've ever seen. I've never seen so many FDR/Helen Keller lookalikes at a football game in my life.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Notorious wrote:He's 5 weeks old bro, cut the cord and get on with your life.
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

ExRep

Post by ExRep » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Joe....

While I don't agree with your opinion about the Servite crowd, I did notice the large number of older fans.
But, hey, there is nothing wrong with that, is there?

You are just way to negative at times.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:02 pm

You disagree that the vast majority of the fans were sitting on their butts and silent for 90% of the game?

Tenacious

Post by Tenacious » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 pm

This is a solid team and played with unwavering confidence and patience. Listening to Gass at half time was a pleasure. The coaching to the players on adjustments was excellent and the plan very simple. They may not have stopped every drive 2nd half, but performed very well with LM #5 pounding the ball. The OC play calling was excellent. I hear the OC came from SA college, but not sure? Solid guy. I bet Servite opened 30% of its playbook at best. The speed of LaPol... (something) reminded me of Malik Felton - blazing fast around the corners. Short week, Thursday play against Edison will surely tell a story. Also, impressive stretch by Brown and St Brown in the end zones. LM had no answer for the size. BTW, whoever said Servite does not have size and speed, well... there haven't been any issues on the line, and they keep getting stronger.

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:00 am

Hey Joe, I don't know about vast majority, but if you're talking about the elderly couple that took 5 minutes to walk up 7 steps, was struggling to get to their seats (yes I helped them and a wonderful family gave up their front row seats for them) just so they can support Servite, you need to take it easy.

Don't worry about the rest. They fans were loud in my section. It gets contagious. Don't worry about it.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS