De La Salle Vs Servite

inflagrantedelicto

Re: De La Salle Vs Servite

Post by inflagrantedelicto » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Does Gass call the plays on offense. Why in the heck did it take so long for plays to be relayed to Waller? can they not call two plays and then run in no-huddle? DLS clearly the better team, but Servite fumbles first KO return and then poops all over self three times in red zone. subtract those and ill-timed mental lapses (illegal substitution, offside on 4th and long, etc.) = Friars lose a much closer game.

An example of the type of execution/performance expected at DLS:

leading 28-0, DLS back fumbles after a significant gain and Servite recovers. one of the DLS coaches went ballistic, clearly screaming at the back as he trotted off the field. tirade continued well after the play.

this, while leading 28-0 and clearly in control of the game. LOVE IT.
Percussus Resurgo

619INSD

Post by 619INSD » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:41 pm

I didn't say all of them u retards. I said the first 2 with the mistakes. And if servite was able to score the times they were in the red zone it would've been a completely game.

socalfan

Post by socalfan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:43 pm

If...if...if...if...come on guy. You are embarrassing yourself.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:44 pm

You might as well have said "If Servite had The Incredible Hulk this would have been a completely different game."

If you want to play the what if game, at least go all out.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

619INSD

Post by 619INSD » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Notorious and socalfan get off ur knees and just understand the game could've been a lot different. I bet u guys weren't even watching the game u guys were on ur knees the whole time and bent over.

socalfan

Post by socalfan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:49 pm

That's the best you can do?? After watching tonight's dominant performance by the Friars, I bet the rest of the Trinity League will probably just forfeit instead of playing you.

MISSIONTM

Post by MISSIONTM » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Yes they were partly b/c servite completely not ready to play. First drive let them go right down the field first play. Then they can't even catch the kickoff fumble it 14-0. Servite D has dls stopped have to call time out b/c punt return team not on field??? Why I have no idea it was 4th and 6 it was not like they were going to fake it. Then after timeout jump offsides why I have no idea. Then dls scores again 21-0. That could have been prevented by just having punt return team on field. Then they servite was inside the 10 twice and inside 20 twice and came away with 3 points. Looked completely confused each time couldn't get plays in had to use timeouts. At end of first half could have used the timeout they wasted getting the punt return team on the field only to jump offsides anyway. Early 4th quarter dls punting again snaps ball over head of punter for safety but no servite illegal substitution the punt returner running on the field as ball sailing over punters head. Instead of 2 points and servite ball dls first down then another touchdown again when servite should of had ball. Thats 2 touchdowns that could have been avoided just by simply having punt return team on field. Looks like they have never seen a team punt before. Im not saying they could have won but 2 touchdowns could have been prevented and with any production in the red zone game could have been much closer. It makes so cal football look bad Sad thing is they had 2 weeks to prepare for this?? I am no way a servite fan just an observation. Not ready to play the players the coach none of them horrible

619INSD

Post by 619INSD » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:55 pm

The trinity league is like the nfl. Anybody can beat anybody any week. Just watch out for servite ppl were saying they were going to be 1-4 before league started. There 3-2 and playing well for their talent. They're making young mistakes and just watch as the season progresses and let's see where they are after the final game of league. But u and notorious will prolly just be pointing out all the mistakes servites make and making excuses.
Last edited by 619INSD on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Servite had its chances, but DLS took those chances away from them. Props to DLS.

Recover. On to Mater Dei.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 pm

No, the trinity it nothing like the NFL.

And you do seemed to be obsessed with homosexual acts for some reason which is adorable since you seem to be so well versed in your fantasies about them.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

socalfan

Post by socalfan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:07 pm

You need to clean up your language my friend. You are really embarrassing yourself and reflecting poorly on Servite. Servite doesn't deserve that.

619INSD

Post by 619INSD » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 pm

I didn't go to servite I had friends that did but I didn't. I just follow the team cuz it's the only good program in anaheim. I'm not acquainted with the team or school at all.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:42 am

down tothewire,
This is the same MOTTO that La Habra uses. Play the best to be the best. BUT, when they do it and lose,
they are told "You can't play with the BIG BOYS"? Well, we could also say that here with Servite. First Gorman
now Delassale. I will tell you, if you play Mission Viejo, they are on that De lassale level. I still think Servite will beat MD in a close game, but will get tore up vs Bosco. Don't underestimate J serra, they are a darkhorse to be weary of. Who will represent us VS D saalle in the state game? :eh?:

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 am

The Washington Generals of LaPalma never had a chance. Will any OC team ever beat DLS? How 'bout them Devils! :mrgreen:

bballfan99

Post by bballfan99 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:08 am

I'm sorry but mission isn't on De la salles level. Try making out of the Pac 5 before saying your on a state champions level. Bosco is the only team down here that can beat them

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:55 am

HTL

I think Servite played terribly. They had the ball 3 times inside of the 10-yd and came away with zero. Early mistakes. Tony Brown replayed his BG game. The play calling was predictable and puzzling.

But credit where credit is due. DLS did its thing on offense and defense. Hats off to the better team. The kids came out of it feeling the same as I felt. They had a couple of chances to make it a game, but that's why DLS is DLS, they put an end to those chances, and that was that. I'm glad they aren't hanging their heads. Now their focus is solidly on MD, they've been preparing for this MD game for 2 weeks.

sammy swordsman

Post by sammy swordsman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:20 am

Mission Viejo is NOT on De la Salle level.....nobody is, Not Bosco either.

[-X

observer

Post by observer » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:32 am

Sammy - have to disagree with you. DLS did not look like the DLS of the past. Servite made critical errors that made the score more lopsided than it should have been. While I agree Servite has a way to go before matching DLS, I believe Bosco and Mission could definitely compete.

DLS execution was exceptional, particularly the line and play setup. Their offense was not that awe inspiring - are their receivers capable of catching a pass??
[hr]Republicans are concerned more about health of the goose while Democrats are concerned about the distribution of its golden eggs
[hr]Simple Voter Guide
If it increases taxes, vote against it; If unions are against it, vote for it

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am

I agree completely, observer. I don't know how many posters in this thread were actually in attendance, but this may have been the weakest De La Salle team I've ever seen. They have absolutely no passing game, not a lot of team speed, and they committed more penalties last night than they used to in an entire season. The one ability they still have is to absolutely take full advantage of every mistake made by their opponents.

Servite lost because of mistakes and penalties, not because they were dominated by a grossly superior team. St. John Bosco would easily defeat the Spartan team I saw last night.

ExRep

Post by ExRep » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:16 am

I have often fantasized about the financial boon of capturing the essence of some human emotion, packaging it and selling it on the open market. I would come to this site for "Eau de Schadenfreude" and find an unlimited supply. It would be a best seller.

Last night's game was disappointing on a number of levels. But Servite handed the game over to DLS, not by design, but through numerous mistakes and lack of imagination in play calling. Someone said in an earlier post that the Friars would have to play flawlessly to win. They didn't play flawlessly and they lost.

I think they could have won, but we will never know. The DLS I saw last night was no where near the DLS I saw grind away an excellent, unprepared Servite team on that dismal rainy night at Home Depot stadium several years ago. I own machinery that pounds out steel shapes over and over again with exacting accuracy and with tons of impact. Bypass the safety devices and you lose a hand. That is how DLS played that night at Home Depot. That is not how DLS played the game last night. I disagree that DLS controlled last night's game throughout. I saw their running game stopped repeatedly by the Servite defense....their passing game is mediocre at best with overthrown and dropped balls the rule rather than the exception....they fumbled the ball four to five times, being lucky to recover several of them....

The Friars seem limited in their offensive playcalling and formations. Why would you not call for a quarterback keep in a power drive over the middle when the ball is 12" away from a first down in the red zone?
Nope.....give it to the little guy and try to sweep around the side.

Let's be kind and call last night's game a series of learning moments.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz