Santa Margarita @ Servite

avonbarksdale

Re: Santa Margarita @ Servite

Post by avonbarksdale »

That was a great passing league win by the eagles. Let's do it agai softees
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Man, is that the SM side in the picture? It's pretty sparse.
UHWarrior

Post by UHWarrior »

Well, well, well... what a difference a year makes. I'll be the first to admit that I was one of those naysayers that felt Servite wouldn't have the horses to keep up with the rest of the Trinity league. I actually gave the nod earlier to SM for this game. I felt all things being equal, I thought that Coach Welch would just outcoach Coach Gass for the win. I guess Coach Gass is better than I thought.

At this point the Friars have a real good chance in making the playoffs, I now believe they can go into the SJB game with one lost (in league). Six months ago I thought Servite would be lucky to have one win at this point, boy was I wrong. :-"
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

Hey Dirty harry,dont let the door hitcha! Servite ran on you,passed on you and whooped you like ike did tina. Passing league you were ok, when it counted u sucked. To SM fans , go suck an egg. You are the worst in trinity. Your season is over in 3 games and you can get back to going door to door for sarah palin. Enjoy
TrippMcNeilly

Post by TrippMcNeilly »

Porkchop,

You are such a (term I like to refer to myself as). I bet you dont call anyone out on anything in the real world.

YOur a (term I like to refer to myself as).

Sincerly,

Tripppp
I am the devil, and I am here to do the devils work
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

Ill call you out and anyone else. You are a hot dog lover and SM and Dirty Harry can go fondle themselves
Mr. Grady

Post by Mr. Grady »

SM won't win another game this year. I predicted an over under of 3.5 wins in August and it's looking like I might have been spot on with my 0-2, 3-2 and then 3-7 finish. Seems like it's now time to implement spring ball for the next three weeks, but will that happen? No. Some coaches don't like to throw seniors under the bus when the season is done but some are OK with it as it helps prepare for the following season. Harry will play his seniors and not give a hoot about player development particularly since 2014 is someone else's concern. Other coaches like Jim Hartigan have a history of going young by week 7 or 8 if it will pay off down the road. Smart. Unpopular with 20 senior parents, but smart.

Somehow I'm sure Harry is hoping a 4-6, 1-4 mark gets them an at-large berth and its likely it will come down to the JSerra game. How ironic. The JSerra loss in 2009 cost Mike Jacot his job and Hartigan is the JSerra coach. Who would you put your money on today? The switch to Kyle Sweet at the end of the second quarter was peculiar, but then, what isn't with the Ole Ball Coach? You take one of the best young QB's and best young WR's in Southern California out of the game and play dropback-tuck-and-run a la Vince Young. Not duel threat Texas Vince Young but tuck and run Tennessee Titan Vince. OK, Kyle I want you to run a quarterback draw and do you magic and make a guy miss. Ooooh. Five yards and a hit to your shoulder as long as it's your left shoulder ... you'll be OK. Now, 2nd and 5. Kyle how about a playside keeper off the zone. Three yards and a helmet slammed to the turf. OK, third and two, how about a QB sneak where 4 250lb+ men fall on top of you? Yeah! You got two yards. First Down! OK, 1st and 10. Now its time for the QB draw again. That nonsense won't work against Raw-Low. It didn't work last year and it won't this year. Heavens to Betsy. One more hit and Sweet - all 5-10, 160 of him - would have been out of the MD game. And all the while a 6-4 210 pound NFL prospect gets benched for starting a winnable game 1 for 4 and throwing a third down deepball pick that was as good as a punt.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

And what would you say if you found out the "best young QB" wasn't taken out of the game?
Kauaicoffee

Post by Kauaicoffee »

The crowd on the SMeagle side was indeed pretty sparse, especially compared to two years ago. However, the Servite crowd was the thinnest I have seen in the past 4 years as well. I don't know whether or not to chalk it up to the loss at Anaheim Stadium last week, but a connection definitely exists between crowd size and enthusiasm and a team's last win. Fewer people feel compelled to make the drive. And I agree with those who hate watching a game at Cerritos. Maybe that stadium works for the Rossmoor crowd, but it's a long haul on Friday night for us in Orange County. Plus, everyone sits so far away from the game and players, they may as well be watching pro ball. In that stadium, fans are denied the intimacy usually found at high school football games. We ought to work it out with Mater Dei so we can share the Santa Ana bowl.
wrestlingfan

Post by wrestlingfan »

I agree that both sides were thin. You are also correct in connecting attendance to wins. I always think that is a shame because the boys on the field deserve for their communities to support them (win or loss). SM boys were playing hard, as well as the Servite boys. I don't think the issue is the Stadium. I love Cerritos. They are far more accommodating than CSUF. If you care about being connected to the action, just get there early enough to grab the right seat. I always sit on the 50 & I know the boys hear us b/c they react to us. (Unfortunately they also hear the jerks who yell inappropriately). But then again, I get there by 6 to claim my seat.

I can't say why there is a low turn out for SM. When I worked there I made the drive to the games...you find a way. But for Servite I suspect we are going through a pruning stage. We collected some fans who only came b/c of the big wins in our recent history...fair weather fans. Now that we are back in the trenches, we will see who is really connected to the school. I love to win, losing sucks...but both are part of athletics & real fans stay loyal. Those who only come for the wins...oh well have a nice life. Those who come for a love of the boys & the game...welcome!

And for those who claim to be fans of Servite, but continue to embarrass the school through their behavior in the stadiums and/or these boards...please find another team. I loved last night's after game/on the field action: both teams & most fans showed great sportsmanship & respect. That was great. I also met a really classy SM grandfather before the game. He came to the Servite side to check on one of our players that he saw go out on injury last year. He spoke with the young man & was genuinely happy the kid was back in the game.
JerryWest_44

Post by JerryWest_44 »

Yes the crowd was thin on both sides - I almost didn't go since the Dodgers were playing at the same time.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Is it just a coincidence that Porkchop showed up at about the same time that Edac decided not to? Is is possible that Porkchop's real name is Echop or Porkdac?

If anyone has proof that the two of them buy their shoes at the same clown store, the circumstantial evidence would be almost irrefutable.
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Porkchop = Edac25...Book it...
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter »

Don't think so. When Porkchop first came on this forum, his posts were all about basketball. When has Edac cared about basketball? Or any sport other than football?
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.
Chopblock

Post by Chopblock »

For the record, any posts by a handle with "chop" in it should be a masterpiece.....not just a piece. Porkslop is an embarrassment to choppers worldwide.

:thumbsdown:

PS - MDDad is still the man, Red is red, and belated congrats to Ramon on becoming a padre. Nice win this year too.
"There is no way c'ervite can beat Edison..."
"Is c'ervite offense gonna show up this time?" butt_blng Dec 4/5, 2009
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Thanks Chopblock! Nice to see the good Servite posters hanging around! :thumbsup:
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Only good Servite poster is a banned Servite poster.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Noto,

You would have used “dead” in place of “banned” not so long ago…before you went soft. I’m gonna look the other way though because your recent post agreeing with the “illiterate guy” made me blow a snot bubble.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Not soft, just exhausted.

I said that saying about a year or so ago and had a bunch of people jump on it for me and I probably had 50 posts that day about it.

If I say banned instead of dead then there's nothing to follow up with / responses that I need to address.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Grinder, almost all profane comedians and shock jocks soften and mellow as they get older. Noto is no different. The fact that it has found him even in the sordid bowels of Las Vegas proves that the pussification of America knows no bounds.