Bosco football 20-0

TrinityLFB

Bosco football 20-0

Post by TrinityLFB » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:21 pm

undefeated on all levels for Trinity league.

see it as bragging if you want, but very proud of the accomplishment on all levels.
Especially proud of the JV team which is usually an afterthought

edisonfan

Re: Bosco football 20-0

Post by edisonfan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Props to you guys...
Has anyone in Trinity done that before?...

The Nubster must be goin' nuts...
Brave Blondie and notihs, as well...

Good Luck the rest of the way...

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Congrats. The program has come a long way.

Now, onto the playoffs. The real season.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 pm

yep. Lot of pressure on them.

Now we see if they can handle it.

Buck

Post by Buck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Congrats Bosco that is quite an accomplishment.... tops in wins, Div 1 players and transfers

Let's be real here, Bosco's meteoric rise is the product of doing whatever it takes to be a sports power, and if academic integrity and reputation is lost so be it. The incredible influx of upperclassmen transfers is unprecedented, heck Bosco was almost willing to rent Toa Lobenden for a semester, but he wanted to graduate early. So Bosco picked up Mayfair stud lineman to fill the void. I would love to know how many players started there as freshman.

I know for a fact that Bosco coaches attend Lakewood HS freshman games, and try to convince a selected few to attend Bosco on "scholarship".

I know "recruiting" exists at most Trinty schools and some public schools, but
Bosco has taken it to a new level, and IMHO have compromised there academic standing for athletic glory.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:06 pm

and..right on que.

Bosco beat you on freshman level with zero transfers.

You are complaining about a transfer from Mayfair that is not even a starter.

Uh. So pathetic.

I'm sure Servite took Duarte because he was an academic all american.

haha. You guys kill me.

BB bos

Post by BB bos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:19 pm

The philosophy change at Bosco has been how the institution has put emphasize on hiring better coaches,,,were it be football, basketball, to water polo. Its goal is to do what the CC team has been able to accomplish Cross Countrys Success of 20 straight yrs league titles .....yes 20yrs in row.

Buck

Post by Buck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:37 pm

Answer the simple question TrinityLFB..... how many of Bosco's Varsity two-deep enrolled at the school as freshman? How many transferred from public schools where the curriculum is not comparable to college prep/Catholic schools?

I thought so.

digitaluzer

Post by digitaluzer » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Buck, what evidence do you have that the academic standards have been lowered?

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 pm

really? Not comparable?

Do you have any idea about the curriculum at most public schools? Especially freshman and sophomore year?

Nothing pleases me more to see these kids at Bosco kick the crap out of Servite and then sign their LOI on signing day. All these kids have offers to prestiges schools, and will be on scholarship while you are paying for your Servite grad to attend the very same school. They all earn it academically, hence why most of them will be signing with Cal, UCLA, or USC.

But hey, keep being that stereotype of the ignorant Dad that thinks their private school baby somehow earned it more than a kid that grew up going to public school.

I will take all these kids at Bosco, watch them sign LOI on signing day to Air Force, USC, UCLA, Cal, Arizona, Wisconsin, Alabama, and so on...while you just remain the same bitter fan sitting at home acting like the high school football success of your alma mater can make your life better.

Difference between Bosco and Servite (at least Servite posters on this board), we are proud of all of our kids. While you try to pretend like the the Duarte's don't exist. Maybe that is why Bosco gets more Duarte's than Servite? hmmmmm......

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:52 pm

I know for a fact every starter on the 10-0 freshman team is a transfer because they were not there last year. Hahaha
Haters = Jealous people

I do know one transfer they are getting next year. The tackle mama (5star lineman going anywhere he wants) has a younger brother 6'3 de that is at a local public school because they could not afford to send both kids to private school at the same time.
Oh wait that punches a hole in the free tuition theory. They actually make a 5star kid pay?? Bastards.
And no coaches are at Lakewood games. The varsity coaches all coach jv the Lakewood kids flock into Bosco on their own. Last year mcnichols, lobedaun and gardenhire all tried desperately to get into Bosco but we're denied for different reasons.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:03 pm

No..that can't be.

Bosco wanted Lobendahn even though they told him no.

Buck's argument is flawless...

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Buck is such an ignorant ass. Typical OC Servite clown who has to say crap that he THINKS he knows and really doesn't. I have heard from a ton of them over the years speak about if they're going to be safe at a Bosco home game, then they get here and rave about what an awesome campus and neighborhood it is. As a matter of fact, Bosco's academics has gotten even tougher over the past two years so there goes that theory as well buck.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 am

I agree with Buck of course, but you Bosco guys need to edit your arguments so they apply to SM fans like Buck, I believe.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

Buck

Post by Buck » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:09 am

A nerve must have been struck.....it's funny seeing all the Bosco apologist come out of the woodwork.

Yet no one will answer the original question, "How many kids on Bosco's Varsity roster enrolled as freshman?".....doubt anyone will.

The point of the matter is Bosco has not been relevant in football since mid 80's when Mc Master, Sterner, Mendoza and the Means brothers suited up for the Braves.

The powers that be at Bosco decided to change course and become a football and basketball power and not just a cross country school, so all admission and graduation requirements were thrown out the window (i.e. 5 yrs of English, 3 yrs of Foreign language, Theology and community service hours etc etc.)

My point is improve your program via the freshman ranks, not the mercenary approach that Bosco has taken.
The 2013 Braves might as well be called the Bellflower Braves.

And the comparison of a student transferring the summer after his freshman yr to Servite from another private school to a kid transferring from a public school his junior year to Bosco is ignorant.

AllGasNoBrakes

Post by AllGasNoBrakes » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:25 am

'I'm sure Servite took Duarte because he was an academic all american."

"All these kids have offers to prestiges schools, and will be on scholarship while you are paying for your Servite grad to attend the very same school. They all earn it academically, hence why most of them will be signing with Cal, UCLA, or USC."

Since Duarte attends UCLA on scholarship your arguments seem to contradict the points you are trying to make.

When Mama's brother becomes good in football and they cant find better players, I am sure he will be welcomed to Bosco on scholarship like his brother.

You guys are operating like a pro sports team not an academic institution.

lurkingandlaughing

Post by lurkingandlaughing » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:07 am

I didn't think Buck was a Servite guy either, but he's right on the money. I'd also love to know, how many kids on varsityroster enrolled as freshmen? Simple question. Should be a simple answer.

ARF

Post by ARF » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Why not the "Bellflower" Braves? Both the "Mission Viejo" Diablos and the "Long Beach" Poly Jack Rabbits have been drawing talent from large geographies for years.

I agree that Bosco has had a meteoric rise. The Bosco transfer question would be interesting to know as well as future transfers. But not just Bosco transfers.

For example SMCHS on occasion has been a "farm team" for Mission Viejo. A couple of the current Mission Viejo skill players left SMCHS when SMCHS was on a roll a couple of years ago. Why did they leave? If the school offers the [1] opportunity to play and has the [2] program and [3] coaches well what do you expect?

Bosco has not been known for either [2] or [3]. We will see over the next couple of years if that has changed and more freshmen football players enter Bosco for [1], [2], and [3] with the resultant drop in transfers.

Nonetheless, this year's Braves are fun to watch (except when you are playing them (-: ).

Arf

AllGasNoBrakes

Post by AllGasNoBrakes » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Bosco is brazenly recruiting kids from other schools/teams. These transfers arent organically happening.

ARF

Post by ARF » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:39 pm

"transfers arent organically happening" I surmise is not unique to Bosco. That it is happening at Bosco is interesting and the discussed apparent number of transfers is also interesting.

Nonetheless, if the football program and coaches do catch on the "organically" (I think I know what you mean) originated transfers may become the norm.

If this year's team is representative of potential future "organic" transfers Bosco will be a heck of a contender in the Trinity.

Arf