Bellflower Braves vs MD

Buck

Bellflower Braves vs MD

Post by Buck » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Bellflower has simply too much size and speed for MD. MD's only hope against the AAU version of a HS football team, is a combination of time of possession, turnovers and a few big/trick plays.

Playthegame

Re: Bellflower Braves vs MD

Post by Playthegame » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:11 pm

That is what everybody has been sayin all year about the Monarchs, we'll see, it is hard to beat a team twice in the same year. They have their work cut out for them but MD just tossed back a 30 pak on the rabbits...It will be an interesting week to say the least...

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:43 am

On paper Bellflower should win. But you can say the same thing about Mission and Poly. Bellflower is a totally different beast than these others team.
After the last 2 weeks I will never be surprised by Mater Dei winning, including next week. Again, on paper Bellflower is better but the game is not played on paper. Rollo will have them fired up. I expect Bellflower to win but this is by no means a gimme. If they don't come to play or are sloppy, they will get punched in the mouth by MD just like Mission and Poly were.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:16 am

Md has had a great season. Bosco is too much for them. Anyone tha has seen them play will agree. Md can be as hyped up as they want but hype doesn't win games. This year's bosco is a different beast. For md to have any chance bosco has to play like dog doo-doo and md has to play their best. If that happens bosco may only win by 10.

Country

Post by Country » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:59 am

It's hard to beat a team twice in a season. But I'll take Bosco in a close one.

Grinder

Post by Grinder » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:07 am

I had MD at the start of the playoffs, and I’m picking them to beat the Braves. MD by three.

the bravery

Post by the bravery » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:47 am

Can't wait to line up vs Santa Ana yet again. Good luck boys.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:00 am

Mater Dei 17, St. John Bosco 14

GO MONARCHS!!!
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:16 am

Even Alabama couldn't hold Bosco to 14 points.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:08 pm

It sure looks like that huh? But Mater Dei & Loyola held the Braves to 24...I submit our defense is better now than it was 30 days ago...Like Rollo says "You control the effort & God controls the outcome"...And those boys are playing their hearts out... Hopefully we get the outcome we desire.
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:10 pm

On paper, Bosco should win and I'm sure most knowledgeable HSFB analysts will agree but
you never know, it will be interesting to see what happens.........

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:29 pm

On paper LBP, MV, Edison should not be at home watching the playoffs on TV.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Everyone is playing the underdog card so much but then turning around and saying MD will win. Look, MD is better than 30 days ago but Bosco is as well. I know it will be a great game as CIF Championships are but what would lead everyone to believe that MD can improve so much and Bosco wouldn't ? As far as Bosco thinking were in the same mind frame that Poly was, you're wrong. The Braves are so hungry for a CIF Championship that they don't ever want to lose. There's a group of seniors who have the never lose mentality that is needed for a championship. MD will be ready, and i think they will be much better, but Bosco is due for a championship and these kids want a ring BAD!!

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Boscobrave...Against a slumping MD squad the Braves scored 24...You guys are good...No doubt...But these Monarchs have been counted out at every step of the Pac5 Playoffs by everyone...There is something about a squad like that...This reminds me of my class of 1992's win in 1991 at the Big A against unbeatable Eisenhower...You guys are the favorites on Saturday...And frankly I wouldn't have it any other way...See you at the Big A :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ramon on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:03 pm

St. John Bosco is a great team but I think MD may pull off an upset in this one. MD is battle tested over the past few weeks and is much improved over the team that lost to Santa Margarita and Bosco during Trinity League play. Either one of these two teams will be a fine representative of the Trinity League in the State Championship.

BB bos

Post by BB bos » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Bosco has flipped a switch as of the start of playoffs, I only recall Alemany getting past mid field on the 1st drive.

The D made the one mistake and gave up the 80 yrd td. The O put up 56 pts on Alemany .....It was a running clock in the 4th qtr or they would have put two to three more scores on the board.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:41 pm

This will be a tough game for MD to win, no doubt. Not only is Bosco a collection of great football talent, but as BoscoBrave knows, the football Gods are sure to be upset with MD for ruining a match up they ( the Gods ) wanted to see.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Ramon:

I hear what you are saying, and clearly MD is playing better than they were during that league stretch, but, Bosco played far from perfect in that game.

Bosco walked into halftime with a 14-2 lead after....Rosen throws and red zone int....McGrew fumbles at the 1 yard line going in....and the punter snaps the ball over the punters head, in almost consecutive series.

Could that happen again? Sure, and if it does I am sure Mater Dei will get more points out of it.

But, Bosco could play a lot better than it did in that game.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:36 pm

I think we agree this game will not resemble the one just a month ago...Both teams are vastly improved...This is the CIF Pac5 Final that So Cal deserves! :cheers:

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:51 am

I think both teams are healthy. This is usually a major issue at this time of the year and I'm thrilled there won't be an asterisk next to the win for either team. I would hate to think either team played beat up. Go BRAVES!!!