Bellflower Braves vs MD

Lionhunter

Re: Bellflower Braves vs MD

Post by Lionhunter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:18 am

Well that didn't last long, Cruiser. Servite's strength of schedule just passed MD's again. It's up to St. John Lakewood to change that now, if they can.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Yes, Lionhunter, I noticed that, two tenths of a point, interesting; man; for a Sunday you hit the
boards early! I'm surprised that MD only dropped two slots to 11th in the nation even after the
Fri/Sat. playoffs. On a side note, St. Xavier of Ohio must play a murderous schedule, did you
notice their SOS, I believe it was the top of all the nation's teams listed.

The Greater Catholic South league based in both Ohio and Indiana (interesting, no?) seems to
be one of the top FB leagues in the nation also..........

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Great job by a great team - SJB! On a side note MD fans, don't be too discouraged, it was a
good if not great year for MD - per CalPreps, MD finishes 3rd in the state behind SJB and DLS,
10th in the nation with the second highest SOS among the nation's top 100 teams!

....highest SOS is Archbishop Moeller of Cincinnati, Ohio of the Greater Catholic South league.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Nope. MD can't count on Bosco's success to make them feel better.

MD played a horribly weak pre-season, lost to SM, but had a nice playoff run.

Calpreps math might be a little fuzzy, Bosco played a tougher schedule and actually won their big games.

I'm fairly certain Servite played a tougher schedule as well.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Actually per CalPreps,MD had a higher SOS, than either SJB or Servite - look it up, don't take my
word for it.

BB bos

Post by BB bos » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Only due to getting the benefit of Bosco twice helping,,,,need to win the games too. --:--

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:45 pm

cruiser wrote:Actually per CalPreps,MD had a higher SOS, than either SJB or Servite - look it up, don't take my
word for it.
I looked it up and it clearly doesn't take into account that Bosco playing MD twice helps MD SOS and hurts Bosco's. If you are comparing Bosco and MD SOS, you need to throw out their head-to-head and league games (since there should not be a SOS advantage.) Now look at the remaining teams:

MD
Upland- Bad
St. Paul- Very bad
Carson- Bad
Santa Monica- Bad
Edison- Average
League
Oaks- Good
MV- Excellent
Poly- Above Average

SJB
Dominguez- Bad
Clovis North- Average/Above Average
Chandler AZ- Above Average
Loyola- Average
Crenshaw- Average
League
Tesoro- Above Average
Alemany- Good
Centenial- Excellent
DLS- Excellent

You could argue the semantics of "average/good/bad" but looking at the schedules side-by-side, It's not that close.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:09 pm

First of all, playing Mater Dei twice did not hurt St. John Bosco's strength of schedule. It helped it, because Mater Dei had a higher power rating than any team Bosco played other than De La Salle.

Second, why does any of this matter? Bosco is in the argument as the best team Southern California has ever produced. Take your trophies, rings and accolades home and enjoy them. Mater Dei and Servite both got their asses handed to them by Bosco. Arguing over who has the better strength of schedule is like two midgets arguing over who's taller. What difference does it make?

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:23 pm

It doesn't...The Bosco homers are angry that everyone hasn't come together to sing the praises of this impressive all-star squad...It's a culture of inferiority that even a State Championship cant erase...Their record on the field speaks for itself...Sad really...
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:29 pm

I couldn't agree more. I'm not even a Bosco fan. I just got annoyed that MD fans could use Bosco's success to make themselves look better.

"On a side note MD fans, don't be too discouraged, it was a good if not great year for MD - per CalPreps, MD finishes 3rd in the state behind SJB and DLS, 10th in the nation with the second highest SOS among the nation's top 100 teams!"

MD is a proud program and they should applaud Bosco's success, not use it to say "hey, were pretty good too look at our SOS." It's just petty.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Ramon wrote:It doesn't...The Bosco homers are angry that everyone hasn't come together to sing the praises of this impressive all-star squad...It's a culture of inferiority that even a State Championship cant erase...Their record on the field speaks for itself...Sad really...
Be careful about casting stones, Mater Dei basketball season is in full swing.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Ramon wrote:It doesn't...The Bosco homers are angry that everyone hasn't come together to sing the praises of this impressive all-star squad...It's a culture of inferiority that even a State Championship cant erase...Their record on the field speaks for itself...Sad really...
Ramon...you do realize most of these people are not Bosco fans right? How many of us were posting at the start of the year? Maybe four?

Bosco will have these idiots posting in their name just to piss others off. Seeing some of the idiot DLS fans over on the rivals board has convinced me that people with no affiliation to the school will suddenly use it as an excuse to troll like idiots.

Real Bosco fans are damn happy right now and yet respect MD and Servite enough to understand the prep that will go into trying to beat them next year.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:55 pm

They're finding it lonely at the top... And they also seem to forget this is OC Forum and most of us don't care. Even So Cal preps is tired of them.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:06 pm

So tired that you post on a thread about them made by a poster that is not a fan of the team?

Yea. We are used to that also.

90 percent of all Bosco threads are made by posters that are not fans of Bosco....including on this board...the OC board!

If you want them to stop...then stop them

Grinder

Post by Grinder » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:47 pm

"Ramon...you do realize most of these people are not Bosco fans right? How many of us were posting at the start of the year? Maybe four?

Bosco will have these idiots posting in their name just to piss others off. Seeing some of the idiot DLS fans over on the rivals board has convinced me that people with no affiliation to the school will suddenly use it as an excuse to troll like idiots.

Real Bosco fans are damn happy right now and yet respect MD and Servite enough to understand the prep that will go into trying to beat them next year.” [/quote]

Kind of like when BoscoBandwagon poses as a Servite poster?

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:28 pm

dont be that guy wrote:
Be careful about casting stones, Mater Dei basketball season is in full swing.
For more than 20 years Mater Dei Boys Basketball has been the the team to beat in California...You don't see MD homers complain that people don't like them...It comes with the territory...
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions