Rollinson's Last Game

MDDad

Re: Rollinson's Last Game

Post by MDDad » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Honestly, Ex, I have to hand it to you. Every year your team sails through the regular season only to suck hind tit as soon as the playoffs start. Despite your annual disappointment, you somehow find a way to remain upbeat enough to badmouth teams that are still playing weeks after your team has hung up their jocks and moved on to basketball, wrestling, crop harvesting and hog slopping. You're the man.

OC Sports

Post by OC Sports » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:24 pm

MD will be very good again next year. Many juniors started this year. The front seven on D were all juniors except for Moore.
Not sure if their backup junior QB is still there but he is a stud. Does anyone know if he is still there?
Next years senior class dominated as freshman.
Last point, MD is Rollo's family and being MD's HC is part if who the man is. I honestly think he will be at it for another ten years. I hope many more.
God bless you coach!

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Actually 5 of the MD defense front seven starters will be back next year, and, ya, the back up QB, 6-4, 210lbs, is there. It's most likely his job to lose. He has been very loyal to the team. The other QB's will be good but only soph's - one the son of an ex USC starting QB, the other,I am told is a very good
defense player who will most likely see minutes there next season, fyi

kid66

Post by kid66 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 pm

MD actually returns a lot next year. The return the entire d-line, a couple linebackers, couple offensive lineman, a few WR's, and a few players who played significant time inthe back field iincluding Contreras and McMorris. They also return Penniston at TE. If they can get a qb transfer they should be a favorite for the trinity league title.

The junior QB isn't very good. There is no junior "stud" in the stable or he would have played this year.

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:51 am

mddad, you can write a book on bitter disappointments. Enjoying your 14 year title drought??!! LOL!! =D>

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 am

Al - MD got there last year on the easy bracket, the good coaching and talent are why they got there. The point being the way they got there this year was by beating the hardest teams to get to the dance, and they just happened to have to play a team this year that comes around once in twenty years type team.

Got to love Ex and Dadd talking ish after getting it handed to them.

This years Bosco Cast is the best High school team I have ever seen...They should seriously be in contention for #1 National team. It could be along time before we see another team with the talent and coaching combo that is SJB. Negro has proven to be a winner at all levels and is building his legacy, Rollo's is built, he is a hall of fame coach PERIOD!

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:24 am

Bosco is damn good, but I've seen some teams that would knife through them like butter. The DLS teams with DJ Williams for one. Edison teams of 79/80 loaded with 7-8 D1 players too. Bosco is good, but they are not a team for the ages... yet... not til they beat DLS to win it all.
I'm really looking forward to a Bosco DLS match-up. That will be the benchmark.
I do love that McGrew kid, and only a soph... wow. Fun to watch.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:45 am

Edison 79-80? ok. I did not see those teams so it could be, but as far as the DJ Williams DLS team I will argue that one. This is supposed to be a top DLS team this year and I think Bosco will put up 30 points on them. DLS is and always has been a ball control football team, that scores points, limits mistakes and grinds up it's opponents. Bosco presents many challenges for DLS, Bosco will be tough to score on and can quickly put up points.

McGrew is a good running back, not super fast ala D. Thomas but he has great instinct and vision and enough speed to break long runs.

DLS is not the favorite in this game IMHO...

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:30 am

Exocet 98 wrote:mddad, you can write a book on bitter disappointments. Enjoying your 14 year title drought??!! LOL!! =D>
Classic...Mission Viejo last won CIF D2 in 2004...That's 9 long years...And they have NEVER won D1/Pac5...Keep running your mouth Exochit...I think MV Football's website says it best...

11/22 @ Mater Dei Santa Ana Bowl 2nd round CIF 14-21 LOSS
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Hey EXOCET-------HOW ABOUT THEM DEVILS!!!!!!!!! Since MV has started playing the "big boys" how
many championships have they won??? How many games in the playoffs have they won???? How many
FINALS have they played in??? How many BACK TO BACK FINALS have they played in???? Go SUCK the ROCK
your hiding under!!!!!

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:22 pm

I am glad we did not have to play the Braves...

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:58 pm

This kind of reminds of when Bob Hope at an advanced age was sitting at home in Palm springs and on the radio came the news that he died. Mr Hope turned to his wife and said it's not true is it?

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Cruiser wrote: (both his kids are adults, one
a teacher in New York City, the other works in the USC athletic department, I believe) so, ya,
as one poster stated, he will just be bothering his wife all day,if he retired.......
I had to chuckle at this, because just a few years ago, Monarch fans were saying that Rollo wouldn't leave until after his youngest daughter graduates from MD. Now that she has, Cruiser is saying that's why he'll stay???

My wife and I just became empty nesters recently, and my wife is having a hard time with that. (I am too). We now need more time with each other than we used to require.

I still say Rollo publicly announces his retirement soon. I suspect insiders already know it's coming.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:43 pm

ramona, senile rollo 0-4 v LAD, call me when that changes!!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! LOL!!! :mrgreen:

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Call us when Mission Viejo wins a Pac 5 Champioonship or even makes the FINALS....that way you
won't be heard of for years!!!!!!

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 am

Lionhunter - you may be on to something.

OC Sports

Post by OC Sports » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:05 am

Funny, it has always been Servite posters who are so eager to post about the chances of Rollo retiring. For me, it goes to show how much you all respect Coach Rollinson. Nothing would make Servite happier than Rollo no longer at the helm.
I really believe being the MD HC is what keeps his motor ticking. He would not know what to do with himself on Friday nights if he was not part of the outcome of the football team results.
If there were any truth to this rumor at least one MD poster would acknowledge it. None have.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:49 am

What does Rollo do the other 39 Friday nights? --:--

TrippMcNeilly

Post by TrippMcNeilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:16 am

what does rollo do the other 39 nights?

after looking at exo's posts, and seeing that LITERALLY 8 out of every 10 are about how much he hates Rollo, It could be possible that Rollo and his coaching staff are probably passing around and hitting Exo's wife like a pipe.

It'd explain a lot. Its probably his lifes dream that it were circle of Coach Johnsons running a train on her, but there too busy trying to find how there going to have a winning record with Johnsons.

How many fathead wall posters of Bob n Keyshawn do you think Exo has in his bedroom?
I am the devil, and I am here to do the devils work

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:11 pm

sorry I had to bump this thread, but I wonder how many more years do you think these 2 long-time Head Coaches at their respective schools, John Barnes of Los Al and Bruce Rollinson of Mater Dei, will retire, do you think they will continue into their 70's? how common is it for High School Head Coaches to Coach well into their 70's?