Can Santa Margarita beat Bishop Gorman? Was SJB exposed?

BoscoWillBeBack

Can Santa Margarita beat Bishop Gorman? Was SJB exposed?

Post by BoscoWillBeBack »

Question for Santa Margarita fans, is Rick Curtis despite his awful track record pulling the program together? He already accomplished two feats Harry Welch couldn't last season which was to beat Bishop Amat and go at least 3-0 last season.

Bosco absolutely struggled against a team they were much more talented than. If Oregon team didn't commit those dumb turnovers, the score should have been 28-14 for Bosco. Can Servite, SM beat them?!
dont be that guy

Re: Can Santa Margarita beat Bishop Gorman? Was SJB exposed?

Post by dont be that guy »

Short answer, no.

Bosco rolls through both and beats Mater Dei by double digits to win the Trinity.
AllGasNoBrakes

Post by AllGasNoBrakes »

I'm a Poly guy and I'm excited about the SJB/MaterDei game. I think it will be a 1 possession game.

Looks like gonna have to beat both to win the Pac5.
footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 »

dont be that guy wrote:Short answer, no.

Bosco rolls through both and beats Mater Dei by double digits to win the Trinity.
I definitely think they can beat them and I definitely don't think Bosco will roll through both of them. They may beat them both but I suspect good games in both cases.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Mater Dei will be the team to beat this year.
BuckW

Post by BuckW »

Nice 3-0 start of the season for Coach Curtis and the Eagles. This is a talented team but two of the three wins have been sloppy with too many mistakes and penalties. This must be cleaned up before Trinity League begins. Until Coach Curtis wins a CIF and State Championship no one will forget Coach Welch. Like I said before the bar has been raised at SM.
BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack »

So, Rick Curtis on a scale of 1-10 is a 5?
ancient

Post by ancient »

"Until Coach Curtis wins a CIF and State Championship no one will forget Coach Welch. Like I said before the bar has been raised at SM."

BuckW,
Sorta kinda like if you don't have a trophy wife, she ain't worth anything????
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

BuckW wrote:Until Coach Curtis wins a CIF and State Championship no one will forget Coach Welch.
Maybe Coach Curtis should throw some kids up against a wall, and hire some drug dealer coaches too while he is at it. Did'nt seem to hurt harry in Bucks eyes, hey while your at it hold some open houses and invite 8th graders and their parents and propisition some families.

Win at all costs, sweep your dirt under the rug, pretend your institution is pure and get the school hardware!

I think most would prefer Coach Curtis and honorable wins and high standards as opposed to drama, turmoil and embarrasment.

I remember the huge line, Ryan Wolpin, Johnny football Stanton, and Craycraft etc. as what made that team special. M. Spalding too...Harry just had too much baggage and the old ways in him. Hopefully, Coach Curtis can achieve those goals and maintain his reputation bring some light back to SM.
Dailydose

Post by Dailydose »

Don't forget the steroid issue with Harry's teams
footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 »

Speaking first hand he seems to be doing a good job. Obviously SM brass want a competitive program but not at the expense of what Welch brings. The SM coaching staff, top to bottom, seems to doing a great job as all levels so far are doing well.

Don't think you can argue that Welch won games but he's not the only coach that can win games. Curtis is off to a good start. If he wins this weekend then a lot more people will certainly start to get on the Curtis bandwagon.
trinityfan991

Post by trinityfan991 »

Come on margarita. Only 10 pts?? I thought u guys were going to represent better!
Dailydose

Post by Dailydose »

How many int's for kJ?
trinityfan991

Post by trinityfan991 »

1int. 0 Tds 311 yards passing 24-43 just saw some stats on twitter not sure if they are official
dont be that guy

SM's defense got manhandled. Gorman's offense did pretty much whatever they wanted. Trinity League is going to be rough for SM unless they can outscore people (which isn't likely.)
Mr. Grady

Post by Mr. Grady »

Obviously you didn't see the game. SM's wasn't beaten into submission. They had six significant defensive breakdowns by a single player which resulted in long touchdowns.

The SM staff's biggest off season mistake came to roost Friday night. They need to get over their love of hard working kids who run 5.2's but who busted their tails in the weight room in January and earned your love and start playing better and faster players. They need to also move some WR to 2nd string LB and CB (you know who these two are) and get faster players as #3, 4 and 5 choice receivers. They exist Curtis. Time to wakey wakey or 4-6 is your destiny.
footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 »

I'm not sure SM with the personnel they have would ever beat that team. BG is legit. I think they will beat Bosco. That is the fastest HS team I've ever seen.
Luca

Post by Luca »

] ↓ Dailydose↓
Don't forget the steroid issue with Harry's teams

Really?

Was it as big a problem as the current parents at Servite?................Luca
dont be that guy

footballfan50 wrote:I'm not sure SM with the personnel they have would ever beat that team. BG is legit. I think they will beat Bosco. That is the fastest HS team I've ever seen.
Bosco will handle Gorman. SM moved the ball fairly easily (over 400 yards of offense.) A brutal fumble in the end zone, some blown coverages, and some uncreative calls at the goal line in the first half kept the game from being tied. Bosco won't make those mistakes.

Defensively, they need to get more pressure on Gorman's QB than SM did. SM was worn out by Gorman's Oline and that lead to the long runs in the second half. I think Bosco's line should hold their own versus the Gael's line.

I predict a big game from Rosen.
footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 »

Nothing against Rosen but I think the speed and mobility of the BG QB is the difference maker in this one.