Games of the week. Who ya got ! Upsets ?

OCFAN4FB

Games of the week. Who ya got ! Upsets ?

Post by OCFAN4FB »

Servite vs. Edison
MD vs. Upland
CC vs. LB Poly
SM vs. Bishop Gorman
JSerra vs St. Bonaventure

Any blowouts ? Any upsets ? CC vs LBP looks the most interesting. Can Edison pull off a big upset and then play MD next week tough ? Upland may just want to say "due to heat wave concerns we are forfeiting this game". But you never know. I think SM loses by 14+ points.
INAM "It's not about me"
templar83

Re: Games of the week. Who ya got ! Upsets ?

Post by templar83 »

Servite vs. Edison-- Closer than people expect with Servite winning
MD vs. Upland-- ditto above with MD winning
CC vs. LB Poly-- back and forth all night, whoever has the ball last
SM vs. Bishop Gorman-- Gorman big
JSerra vs St. Bonaventure--JSerra wins and maybe, just maybe, folks will start taking them seriously.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Honestly, I think CC wins this one after seeing how they have improved each week, Poly will have to have all their weapons, mistakes will be the difference in this game as even trade on scoring. I think CC takes it in the 4th as Poly runs out of gas...JSera and St. Bonny next closest but the Lions roar towards the Trinity Gauntlet.

SM vs Gorman anything can happen, Big game for SM Go Eagles! We need a Cali team to knock of the Gaels!
Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 »

Servite vs. Edison - Waller runs wild on Edison, Question is can Edison muster enough offense against a suspect Servite defense. That will be the difference.

MD vs. Upland - Tesoro had 5 sacks against Upland, MD's D-Line is much better than Tesoro's. Can Hilinski hit on the long ball to keep them in the game. He barely missed a few in the Tesoro game. Upland ran the ball well, but didn't stick to it. #1 Josh Woods is their best player, but can he hold up physically both ways. Their lines didn't look physical and that will be the difference. Upland has to play the perfect game and MD has to self-destruct for it to be close.

CC vs. LB Poly - Poly held CC to 28 points last year. So they know how to play them defensively. They'll play them like MD did. Aggressive and attack and take away the gaps. Poly in a close one. Since 2009-10 CC had been held to under 26 points once, in the state loss to Palo Alto 15-13, until MD held them to 18 this year. In 2009-10 MD beat CC 31-13. Since then only 4 teams have held CC to 28 points or under.

`11 - St. Bonnie's 29-27 L
- Vista Murrieta 35-28 L
`12 - DeLaSalle 48-28 L
`13 - LB Poly 35-28 L
- Vista Murrieta 26-12 W
`14 - MD 38-18 L

SM vs. Bishop Gorman - I don't know if Santa Margarita has enough to run with Gorman. The Eagles have to be physical up front to have a chance to let Costello and Sweet work their magic. Gorman continues their winning ways with Cali teams..this week.

JSerra vs St. Bonaventure -JSerra has been making strides and every time we think they make the next step, the Lions can't get over the hill. Will this be their turn? I'm not sold on St. Bonnie's QB Ricky Town, he hasn't done enough to impress me worth of his 5 star "on the field" ranking. St. Bonnies hasn't dominated anyone this year, so I think JSerra can pull this one out.
OCFAN4FB

Post by OCFAN4FB »

According to another site LBP is favored by 7 and MD is favored by 23 1/2.
INAM "It's not about me"
Haroof

Post by Haroof »

I'll go with...

Servite
MD
Poly
BG
JSerra
AllGasNoBrakes

Post by AllGasNoBrakes »

Sweetness34 wrote: CC vs. LB Poly - Poly held CC to 28 points last year. So they know how to play them defensively. They'll play them like MD did. Aggressive and attack and take away the gaps. Poly in a close one. Since 2009-10 CC had been held to under 26 points once, in the state loss to Palo Alto 15-13, until MD held them to 18 this year. In 2009-10 MD beat CC 31-13. Since then only 4 teams have held CC to 28 points or under.

`11 - St. Bonnie's 29-27 L
- Vista Murrieta 35-28 L
`12 - DeLaSalle 48-28 L
`13 - LB Poly 35-28 L
- Vista Murrieta 26-12 W
`14 - MD 38-18 L
I want an asterisk on that 28 points CC scored last year. 2 scores were blatantly aided by some horrendous drive saving calls from the refs. Should have been 14 points.
Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter »

Servite vs. Edison - If both teams stay healthy, Edison's only chance is to outscore Servite. Servite's defense has been spotty and Dave White is an excellent offensive coach, so it's possible. Servite 35-21.

MD vs. Upland - Just the opposite story here. Mater Dei's defense is unbelievably good. You're going to have a great deal of trouble scoring on them, so Upland's only chance is to throttle MD's offense also. Not going to happen. Mater Dei 42-3.

CC vs. LB Poly - I think I'll go with CC tiring out LBP in a high scoring game. CC 42-35.

SM vs. Bishop Gorman - I hope I'm wrong, but SM is in big trouble here. Bishop Gorman had to have been embarrassed by last year's game which the Eagles won but got the V turned into a L by a referee's bad call. At Vegas the Gaels will want to embarrass the Eagles. SMCHS will get their passing yards, but are too one-dimensional to pull this off. Gorman 49-21.

JSerra vs St. Bonaventure - J Serra is a scary team, and St. Bonaventure is down a little this year. J Serra 35-24.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Servite 42, Edison 17. This is the game when Edison's easy preleague schedule gets exposed for what it is. Servite is too big a step up in class.

Mater Dei 38, Upland 17. Pounding the ball and playing defense will continue to be Mater Dei's theme until somebody proves it wrong.

Long Beach Poly 35, Corona Centennial 34. Centennial likes to go for two after a TD. Poly has a great defense and will stuff the PAT at least once. That will be the difference.

Bishop Gorman 38, Santa Margarita 17. Gorman is 4-0, but two of those wins were by a total of four points. This is the game where Costello will either take that next step to elite status, or prove that he still has some things to learn. My guess is the latter.

JSerra 31, St. Bonaventure 20. It's taken 11 years, but 2014 marks the year JSerra join the big boys for real. Are they the third best team in the Trinity League?
ND7

Post by ND7 »

Long time Dad, your picks look good. JSerra seems to start slow. If they solve that they may be real good.
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Servite over Edison 35-20
Mater Dei over Upland 42-10
CC over Poly 41-28
BG over SM 40-28
JSerra over Bonny 34-17
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Nice to see ND7 is still alive.
ND7

Post by ND7 »

Barely, thanks. :D
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.
footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 »

Predicting scores is next to impossible but here is who I think will win:

SM over BG in an upset
Poly over CC - think Poly is one level higher than CC
JSERRA over St. B
Servite over Edison - but I think Edison will give them a scare
MD over Upland - but Upland could be bitter after last week's loss to Tesoro