JSerra Lions vs. St.John Bosco Braves round-table discussion

BoscoWillBeBack

JSerra Lions vs. St.John Bosco Braves round-table discussion

Post by BoscoWillBeBack »

BIG trap game for Bosco. Is this the year of JSerra? Any lion fans wanna tell me how this year is any different for them?
Haroof

Re: JSerra Lions vs. St.John Bosco Braves round-table discus

Post by Haroof »

JSerra isn't sneaking up on anyone. Everyone knows they're for real.

I like Bosco by 10.
BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave »

JSERRA is really good this year and will give Bosco all they can handle. If Bosco plays with some passion and doesn't get a ton of penalties in the OC then they win by two scores.
BoscoWillBeBack

I haven't seen JSerra play, and apparently this is their best team since the decade? We will see! Can't wait for this game. Any links?
Playingtime

Post by Playingtime »

For the remainder of their league games, JS (and SM for that matter), will be playing with less talent than their opponent(s). (I still base this on the number of kids on the roster(s) that will be playing college football somewhere, after they graduate)

If that is true, it is no revalation for me to say that winning/losing the game vs SJB will only happen if 1) JS plays essentially mistake free football, 2) Out coaches SJB - (gets their players to play better/harder than they ever have - as well as play calling), and 3) Catches some "breaks". (Calls/bounces, ect).

I was at the SJB/JS game that went to overtime. JS clearly out coached SBJ. I am not ragging on SJB, just saying JS did an amazing coaching job - (see definition above). I do agree with the old saying, "it's not he X's and O's its the Willys and Joe's"..... But.... But..... coaching (see definition above), was what made that game close, in my opinion.

The odds are not with JS to win this game. I have no horse in this race other than to see good football. (I am going to this one). The game is at OCC. (If JS has a lead going into the 4th Q, they will win. If they don't, won't happen.)

Prior to the season starting I put the JS coaching staff in my county top 3... So far I look good..
Luca

Post by Luca »

I'd have to agree with that. JSerra does have the coaching edge overall I think most would agree. But that doesn't mean it's a decisive edge

JSerra would have to play at its utmost potential, they would have to avoid turnovers and they would have to avoid yielding both the bombs and the breakaway runs by Mcgrew. Nothing very unique in that assessment.

But even given all that, if Bosco brings its best game it's not likely JSerra can stay with them. JSerra is going to have to control the ball and not get into a high-scoring shootout. Bosco's the more explosive team and that would be playing their game. It's hard for me to imagine a scenario in which JSerra wins if Bosco is at its best..........Luca
BoscoWillBeBack

Anybody have a link to this game?
BoscoWillBeBack

Agree with everything. JSerra has the coaching in the Trinity league, period. St.John Bosco coaching personnel and play-calling was just weird for me this year. If you've watched a lot of their games you'll see what I mean. Overall I wouldn't be surprised if JSerra or Bosco won.
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

Good lord it is hard to take your incessant panic mode posts all the time.

You did say they were going to lose to Mater Dei right? We're just grateful you are a bandwagon fan at best.

Last year their coaching got no respect because they had so many players, which they did. But, you forget the fact that even though they had players, what made them so good is that all of them were multiple year starters. That was coaching. I don't care how talented you are, you can't expect just anyone to come in and dominate right away. Those players knew the system, were coached up, and with the talent they had were dominant.

This years team returned 4 starters on offense and 1 on defense, And EVERY starter that left was a multiple year starter.

All that being said, replacing all those guys with mostly juniors and sophomores, they are still 5-1 and just beat what most considered the #1 or #2 team in the division.

The program is 23-1 right now top to bottom with the only loss being to nationally top 5 Bishop Gorman. They just beat Mater Dei, again, after replacing most of their roster from last year.

So please crawl out of your bomb shelter and join the real world. Bosco can't dominate every year. Play calling usually looks great when it is executed well.
BoscoWillBeBack

LOL. Who peed in your cheerios today TrinityFB? I am a PREP SPORTS fan without any attachments to a certain school, so I pride myself on being OBJECTIVE and NON-BIAS.

First thing straight, this is why you watch football games and not read scorestream. Mater Dei outplayed Bosco on the field, period. They gashed 343 yards of offense the entire game. Their only touchdown in the 2nd half came from a defensive touchdown. They were eating doughnuts 2nd half. I would be willing to bet my kids college funds that if Mater Dei didn't gift-basket 3 crucial turnovers, the score would have been something 35-15 in favor of Mater Dei

2.) Nobody's trying to dispute whether their coaching is terrible, I think they're above average. I meant THIS YEAR, when they are not fully utilizing their roster and calling some weird play-calling. I call it "weird playcalling" because they continue to run plays like they have Fields, Wadood, and that Nasty O-line on their team when they don't. Did you watch the Bishop Gorman game? Running an option play on 3rd and long in your own endzone, running the ball when you're down 34-10 in the 2nd half and when McGrew was losing yards every play, etc. Central Catholic game, running a soft-zone on defense when you're far athletically superior, etc. ALL of that might of worked LAST YEAR, but this year with all juniors and sophomores? Hell no. This is what you call getting cocky from that 16-0 season. Read the papers, even some analysts/recruiters/parents thought Bosco's playcalling was atrocious. Dropping passes is a blatant issue for Bosco, why don't they use D.J MOrgan or Bryce turner? But they continue to start these soft receivers who drop everything. Even on some game-winning drives against Gorman and Mater Dei.

Of course, I think for a bunch of sophomores Bosco is doing a fantastic job so far. I merely pointed out, that it's odd for this staff to not optimize their talents and continue the weird play-calling. The weird play-calling that is not respecting the other team.

Now go to Macys to buy a pillow for that butthurt.
BoscoWillBeBack

When reporters asked a bunch of Bosco players if they had work to do after the Central Catholic game (They were trailing 14-7 3rd quarter and struggling all game) most of them brushed it off and said no. That, tells me what kind of attitude these kids have.
benotafraid

Post by benotafraid »

Tomluginbill
In your previous post you praise Bosco players by stating that they are doing a fantastic job for sophomores
mores. Then in your last post you suggest that they have poor attitudes. Can you explain the contradictions?
Are you just trying to stir the pot?
Coaches at Bosco have commented often that this years team is very very coachable, and in many ways easier than last years group. The bad attitude inference doesn't hold up in my opinion. If you want to criticize them, just say they're not as good as last years team. That's a fair statement.
benotafraid

Post by benotafraid »

FYI top three receivers have been injured. I'd say all things considered they are pretty deep with receivers.
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

If you are going to refer to reporters and interviews, the common thing to do is to cite your sources. Should I expect those links to come soon?

And no, you are not objective. Any truly objective person would see that any team replacing 16 out of 22 starters is not going to be the same team, Your need to point out that they are not the same team seems idiotic in that any person would reason that from the end of last season they were not going to be the same.

Also, most reasonable football fans can reason that the coaching always looks better when the players are executing. When they are not (missed assignments, dropped balls) then suddenly the coaching sucks. It's something that weekend warrior, armchair QB fans say with little little thought behind it.

I know by your thread topics you are just stirring **** because people like you never actually claim a team, you just talk up or down whatever team of the moment you wish to.

Remember, they were supposed to lose to Mater Dei according to you. Maybe you are not as objective as you would like to think.

I patiently await your sources.
BoscoWillBeBack

I said, "some of these" kids. Not all. It was Josh Rosen who said that in particular, shocking considering he is the heart and soul of the team and he doesn't think the team needs improvement.

I thought number 48, 47, and 44 all had amazing motor and nose to the balls. Especially considering they are only sophomores. They will be a force in the future. I wasn't saying "ALL" Bosco players. Btw, just because you're good doesn't mean you can't have a bad attitude. (Rosen throwing his hands up every time McGrew was stuffed)

So are you saying the receiving corps right now is comparable to last years? That's a joke. Shay Fields and Wadood are playing on Saturdays. THe receivers I've seen play this year drop every single ball thrown at them when they hear the footsteps. Or, they can't get open. Hence why Rosen has more scrambling yards than any other season he's played. I would say, yes. You should use your D-1 athletes and get D.J Morgan and Bryce Turner in there.
BoscoWillBeBack

If you're so desperate why not Google it or watch the interview at the end of the game?

Exactly, a team that's replacing 16 out of 22 players according to you should not be the same. The coaching staff ran plays (since we're talking about Gorman) like they had their entire team back. Did you not watch the game? My wife could tell Bosco's playcalling was bad and she hates football.

No it wasn't the players executing, the play-calling was just plain bad. When your running-game is getting blown up (negative average) you don't continue to be predictable and run it. Especially when you're trailing 34-10 in the 4th quarter. Keep them on their heels, or use your number 1 pocket passer quarter in America that started to pick up momentum. But nah, keep running the rock on 3rd downs when it got negative yards. Like I said, almost every analyst, recruiter, fan thought their coaching was bad. By the way, do you think it was smart for the coaches to watch a blue-man group when they had 2 less practices and 2 less games than Gorman? (Gorman played 5 out of state national teams in a row)

Lol okay dude. so having an opinion is now stirring the pot? Grow a pair

And you're delusional to think if Mater Dei didn't fumble 3 times and a miss 22 yard field goal they wouldn't have won.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

I will say it again, cite your sources. Interviews and reporters say this and that? Where is the link?

Again, nobody is saying their WRs are the same as last year. All he was saying is that they are deep, but that in fact their top two WRs have been hurt (notice them in the stat line from MD game? No.)

Saying their WR group is not the same, again, seems like stating the sky is blue. It doesn't give you credibility.

But, if their line is much younger and their WR group is not the same...then what in your opinion should they do? Or, do you just know they are not the same and that is all your can contribute?

What is really silly? This "not the same team" that everyone is worried about, just beat Mater Dei. Now just accept that they are young, will only get better, and oh yea, are still sitting in a good position in league.
BoscoWillBeBack

Lol, did you even read my posts you goon? What's the point of this talk, to hear yourself?
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

TomLuginbil wrote: By the way, do you think it was smart for the coaches to watch a blue-man group when they had 2 less practices and 2 less games than Gorman? (Gorman played 5 out of state national teams in a row)

And you're delusional to think if Mater Dei didn't fumble 3 times and a miss 22 yard field goal they wouldn't have won.
Every analyst, recruiter, and fan thinks these two statements are idiotic and say a lot about your overall grasp of things.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the parts that shouldn't have been quoted
BoscoWillBeBack

Yes, I've heard your line of rhetoric already. Are you gonna actually respond like a thoughtful person? Or are you going to continuing pouting