JSerra Lions vs. St.John Bosco Braves round-table discussion

benotafraid

Re: JSerra Lions vs. St.John Bosco Braves round-table discus

Post by benotafraid »

Three best receivers did not play vs Mater Dei. Their replacements were good enough to beat Mater Dei. The next day, two of them were at ucla Oregon game, one a guest for Oregon And the other guest for ucla. Bosco receiving corps is just fine. In a big game like Mater Dei their second string held up pretty good against a state championship caliber defense. I think a head coach who had faith in them and allowed them a chance to shine rather than pull guys from the other side of the ball in a panic to shore up the offense showed that he is a great coach and not prone to panic attacks.
BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack »

Okay, well you're entitled to your opinion. The receivers I saw play (except number 6, who is outstanding and caught everything) against Mater Dei dropped a lot of balls. Since the beginning of this season. Still to week 6. One on a the game-winning drive. Also against Gorman. I think there's a fine line of being confident with your players and knowing their limits. And it seems they can't see it. There's a reason why Rosen has more scrambling yards than any other season.
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

You're failing to see the issue here Tommy. I am calling you out for being a drama queen. You are simply stating the obvious (they are not as good) but attempting to explain that away with coaching, instead of the obvious that they are just, at this point in time, not as talented and especially not as experienced as last year.

So far in this thread alone you have blamed it on everything from coaching, to the blue man group, to players attitude. But, most of us on this board know you are a boy that cried wolf kind of poster. Last year you were saying the same things about Bosco early on, then driving the bandwagon when they went on their run.

This sound familiar?

"This win says Bosco can compete with anybody," Hawkins said. "Yeah, I thought we were going to win by more, that our margin would be bigger. But 34-33 - can't argue with that." - Chandler Hawkins

If this is the mentality Bosco players have than I'm worried for them when they run into teams like Mater Dei, or even Mission Viejo.

Yep, you sound the same. Same line of BS, different season. You're right, this Bosco team is not the same but unfortunately you are.
BoscoWillBeBack

I cannot believe how many lies you continue to make about me on the spot. You like me that much you'll dig through my history? Won't even respond to a thoughtful response you'll continue this childish charade of attacks? Says alot about you.
digitaluzer

Post by digitaluzer »

Trinity- I'm with you, I called out Tom spewing the same "non bias" crap a few months back. He still trying to stir the pot....since he has no team that supports he must be trolling.
BoscoWillBeBack

Now you're just lying and fabricating stories about me
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

Haha, ahhh, you butthurt Tommy?

Lies on the spot? These are your words Tommy, sorry if you don't like them. When you flip flop more than a politician during primary season you have to expect to be called out on it.

Here is another good one from last season.

"Even if it is a DLS/Bosco match-up it will be DLS-Servite 2010. Bosco couldn't stop OLU's run, what makes you think they'll be successful against DLS"

Then after Bosco won you proceeded to throw it in the face of other Trinity fans like you predicted Bosco would win. Then of course, you predicted Mater Dei would "drill" Bosco this year.

Just get off our sacks, we don't need your fake ass drama queen posts every time we play. If these things make you sad, then think before you post and stop stirring the pot.

How about this...what would you do with the offense you say can't run and has receivers that can't catch? Other than move a safety over to WR that is know for his inability to make consistent catches. (that's why he plays defense)
credofriar

JSerra no longer the only undefeated team in the pac5?

Post by credofriar »

HOLY SNIKEY'S
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam link removed
OCFAN4FB

Re: JSerra no longer the only undefeated team in the pac5?

Post by OCFAN4FB »

Wow, With Kahlil McKenzie losing his appeal and not getting this year I wonder if they will go by the letter of the law. It would be a bummer for JSerra to give up a hard fought win when it really had no bearing on the outcome of the game.
INAM "It's not about me"
BuckW

Post by BuckW »

SM also had a player ejected from the same JV game who was the long snapper for the varsity team. The players were ejected for fighting. SM did not allow their player to attend the varsity game. It was clear that the players were ejected from the JV game.
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

Seems like the staff/ AD should have known and screwed up.

However, the fact that he didn't play, even a down (according to reports anyways) I would hope they punish the staff or AD in some way and not the team. They gained no advantage by him suiting up and sitting on the sideline.

Every win is huge in the Trinity League, it would be wrong to take away one when they had no competitive advantage by suiting him up. I would hope SM wouldn't even want a win that way.
BoscoWillBeBack

Have you ever thought, maybe just maybe I was being sarcastic? Dry humor, ever heard of it? Did you know I even said JSerra would beat Bosco by 1 point last year? Did you think I was serious than too? And now instead of responding to this discussion you continue to attack my character.

You're full of it. How can you deny what I said about Bosco? Even if it came across harsh, there's some truth to it.
14Follow

Post by 14Follow »

The CIF has made some questionable decisions and rulings in the past. That said, if this situation gets more than 90 seconds of consideration in regards to a forfeit of a what was a tremendous High School football game on Friday night then something is seriously wrong with the system, not to mention the administration at Santa Margarita HS. The fact that SMCHS would alert the CIF over a player that did not participate in the game at any level goes beyond the discussion of sportsmanship and truly tarnishes HS sports as a whole..

For the sake of the players on both teams, lets pray the football gods intervene and make sure the CIF gets this one right, so we can all move on to what's going to be another great weekend of Trinity League Football.
Mr. Grady

Post by Mr. Grady »

The CIF-SS has their hands tied and my crystal ball says the Lions are looking at 0-2 after Friday. 14, are you the Lions JV staffer who was doing jumping jacks after every first down the other day like a cheerleader? Dude, you should be in a circus! Comical bro! Go Lions!!! ... And take the Diablos with you.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

! Message from: John Q. Public
Parallel threads merged.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
14Follow

Post by 14Follow »

Afraid not Mr. Grady. In fact, I am not affiliated with the program and haven't attended a JV Football game since I played in one 100 years ago. Obviously, you're a SM Dad/Supporter/Coach, which is great. But please provide your rationale as to why you would feel a forfeit of this game would be justified. Perhaps you have some details I do not? Based on the article I read online, this is a no brainer. Move on and play Football.

That said, once again I have ZERO confidence in CIF and their decision making ability..so not sure where this will end up?

Lastly, I would assume SM has the ability to refuse the W should the CIF drop the ball, as I recall an OC team being involved in something similar a few years back in another sport.

Good luck vs OLu - should be a great game.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

I think the J serra vs Bosco game could be the biggest game this week.
J Serra is like the Kansas City Royals, a team on a mission. Don't overlook the underdog.
[-X [-X
BoscoWillBeBack

Exactly. Anybody got a link to this game?