servite/crespi

ExRep

Re: servite/crespi

Post by ExRep »

ventura wrote: Ex -

You gonna be there? I love the match ups where I really don't know what to expect, and this is one of them. In the two losses I saw for Crespi last year (Corona Cent. and LB Poly), the Celts were mentally very tough - no lay downs. I expect that from both sides this year, so it should be close. I'm normally a very lousy loser, but I've admired Servite from afar and hope it won't ruin my weekend if the Celts come out on the short end.

There is going to be some hitting going on, that's for sure.

Appreciate the compliment.

Ventura
Ventura..

I'll be there for sure. Will have to leave about 2:30 at latest to beat the traffic and get there for some tailgating.....It strikes me right now that I haven't a clue where Crespi is exactly. The valley is Terra Incognita as far as I am concerned..Do dragons fly there?

ExRep
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

ExRep wrote:
Ventura..

I'll be there for sure. Will have to leave about 2:30 at latest to beat the traffic and get there for some tailgating.....It strikes me right now that I haven't a clue where Crespi is exactly. The valley is Terra Incognita as far as I am concerned..Do dragons fly there?

ExRep
I'm sure Coach Thomas can give you directions. #-o I'm interested to know if the Celts remodeled the entire stadium or just the track and field. This rematch will be the wars of all wars. It's just too bad that the Mater Dei-Centennial game will be played concurrently. Had to flip a coin. :wink: Good luck and health to the Friars.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

WileyWolverine wrote:I'm sure Coach Thomas can give you directions. #-o I'm interested to know if the Celts remodeled the entire stadium or just the track and field. This rematch will be the wars of all wars. It's just too bad that the Mater Dei-Centennial game will be played concurrently. Had to flip a coin. :wink: Good luck and health to the Friars.
Wiley,

Thanks for the tip on directions.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
perspixx

Post by perspixx »

ExRep wrote: Ventura..

ExRep
It's right off Ventura Boulevard past White Oak... you can't miss it.

Forget about tailgating. Go to Jerry's Famous Deli a mile or so east of Crespi and get the best sandwich you will ever have in your life.
kevinhurl

Post by kevinhurl »

perspixx wrote:

Forget about tailgating. Go to Jerry's Famous Deli a mile or so east of Crespi and get the best sandwich you will ever have in your life.
For once something Pixxxii and i agree on. Pixxii IF you beat me in the pool ill buy you one, WHEN i beat you it's on you....Deal?
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.
ventura

Post by ventura »

WileyWolverine wrote:I'm sure Coach Thomas can give you directions. #-o I'm interested to know if the Celts remodeled the entire stadium or just the track and field. This rematch will be the wars of all wars. It's just too bad that the Mater Dei-Centennial game will be played concurrently. Had to flip a coin. :wink: Good luck and health to the Friars.

Crespi's campus is postage stamp small. They added maybe 30% more capacity to the home stands, and raised the visitor's and either got new bleachers or completely refurbished the old. I used to sit over there sometimes when we used to have a terrible PA guy (shameless homer - no way to call a game), and it was rickety to the point of being dangerous.

I'd imagine Servite is sky high for this one. Tough one to swallow last year. I was disappointed in the Celt's showing against Poly -sloppy field worked more against them than us I think - and I wonder if the Friars would have fared better. Went to see them play against Poly back when they were upstarts, maybe the new coach's first year, at Cerritos College or something. Servite beat them and the Rabbits were completely shell shocked late in the fourth quarter. One of the better HS football games I've seen.

Crespi better be prepared for invading maniac hitters. Can't wait.

You are in for a hellish drive up, any way you slice it.

Ventura
perspixx

Post by perspixx »

kevinhurl wrote:For once something Pixxxii and i agree on. Pixxii IF you beat me in the pool ill buy you one, WHEN i beat you it's on you....Deal?
I'm not passing up a free Reuben, even if it costs me $20 in gas to get there.
kevinhurl

Post by kevinhurl »

perspixx wrote: I'm not passing up a free Reuben, even if it costs me $20 in gas to get there.

Yumm...

BTW..........

Servite is a lock.......It won't be as close as some think.
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.
ventura

Post by ventura »

kevinhurl wrote:

Yumm...

BTW..........

Servite is a lock.......It won't be as close as some think.

A lock? Won't be close? Crespi fans heard a LOT of that before last year's Mater Dei game. And it wasn't close, that's true.

Ventura
RPW

Post by RPW »

ventura wrote:

A lock? Won't be close? Crespi fans heard a LOT of that before last year's Mater Dei game. And it wasn't close, that's true.

Ventura

Watching that Crespi / MD game on the FOX Sports replay kinda sucks...they cut out about 3-4 TD drives and jumped too far ahead.
ventura

Post by ventura »

RPW wrote:

Watching that Crespi / MD game on the FOX Sports replay kinda sucks...they cut out about 3-4 TD drives and jumped too far ahead.

Yeah, if I recall, they cut to near the end of the game after Woods scored on a 50 yard run up the middle. That took the wind out of MD's sails and Crespi took it to them the rest of the second half.
smaybee

Post by smaybee »

RPW wrote:

That's strange. I've watched the replay of the Servite/MD game from last year and it's all there, from the shadowboxing beginning to the azz-kickin' end.
RPW

Post by RPW »

smaybee wrote:
That's strange. I've watched the replay of the Servite/MD game from last year and it's all there, from the shadowboxing beginning to the azz-kickin' end.
I agree. They didn't cut out any good parts, like the bomb Barkley threw two Abbott while he was being sacked. Still an amazing play that has to go down in the Barkley highlight reel as Top 5 plays. The Mojica flip in the air is still there...that was awesome too.
smaybee

Post by smaybee »

RPW wrote:
I agree. They didn't cut out any good parts, like the bomb Barkley threw two Abbott while he was being sacked. Still an amazing play that has to go down in the Barkley highlight reel as Top 5 plays. The Mojica flip in the air is still there...that was awesome too.
True that. Good luck against Crespi, Fryer doesn't think you'll win, but I do. Will there be dueling bagpipers??
Bigbear

Post by Bigbear »

Quick question: Is the game going to be at Crespi HS, or Pierce college?
Credo

Post by Credo »

The game will be at Crespi HS, according to the Servite website.
Red

Post by Red »

Hey ventura! How many transfers does crespi have this year? Last year you had what....7 transfers? We all know you have two more this year that are not eligible. How many are eligible this year?
Francine

Post by Francine »

Red is your last name neck? :mrgreen:
Red

Post by Red »

Francine wrote:Red is your last name neck? :mrgreen:
Francine, I will be at Skosh Monihans tonight in Costa Mesa. Come check out my neck. :mrgreen:

Actually, it depends on the time of the year. If it is early summer however, being of the olive skin variety, it is hard to tell. Thanks for asking.
Francine

Post by Francine »

Red wrote:
Francine, I will be at Skosh Monihans tonight in Costa Mesa. Come check out my neck. :mrgreen:

Actually, it depends on the time of the year. If it is early summer however, being of the olive skin variety, it is hard to tell. Thanks for asking.
Oohh. If I wasn't working the night shift I'd be there in a heartbeat. You olive skinned devil. Is Skosh Monihans a step up from Goat Hill? I went in there a couple times. Raincheck city.