servite/crespi

Red

Re: servite/crespi

Post by Red »

Francine wrote:Oohh. If I wasn't working the night shift I'd be there in a heartbeat. You olive skinned devil. Is Skosh Monihans a step up from Goat Hill? I went in there a couple times. Raincheck city.
Never had a bad meal at Skoshes. The food is great the the "milk" is also good. Dont know if they serve food at the Goat but the "milk" is good. The time I was there with max and the boys, found out I had a connection at the Goat. :lol:
WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

Red wrote:
Never had a bad meal at Skoshes. The food is great the the "milk" is also good. Dont know if they serve food at the Goat but the "milk" is good. The time I was there with max and the boys, found out I had a connection at the Goat. :lol:
Drugs?
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
Francine

Post by Francine »

Red wrote:
I could climb up un some of that milk. Add a little Johnny Walker red and I'm good to go.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Red wrote:Hey ventura! How many transfers does crespi have this year? Last year you had what....7 transfers? We all know you have two more this year that are not eligible. How many are eligible this year?

Hey, Red!!

You sound a little bitter.

Crespi has one transfer playing that I know of. He came from a school, I believe in the valley, that shut down, so I think he's legit. One from last year's squad, maybe our best returnee, got expelled and is now at a public school not far away. Another great transfer, Chris Reed, left for Canyon - not sure what was behind that.

HS sports is getting close to being ruined for me, I'll admit. I don't like transfers, and before Thomas came to Crespi about eight years ago, for a decade I watched Celt football lose good players by transfer to various power houses in the area, even to our arch rival ND, and regularly get demolished on the gridiron. But pro sports are a joke, and college is ruined too. So I'm not going to give up on my Friday nights going back to when I was a kid because of recent events. Not yet anyway.

If you are bitter cause your a public school guy, I understand that. Separate them. It's a ridiculously uneven playing field and I think they shouldn't play each other. As a spectaor, I'd rather root for David than Goliath anyway. But I don't make the rules. If public schools want to play private schools they shouldn't bitch and moan about the status quo.

Crespi has had problems with some transfers, and suffered from some lack of class and discipline on the football field in the past three years or so. Coach Ross is pretty new to the game, I see the above problems improving, and I bet there is a long learning curve with so many factors to deal with as a head coach. More to your point, almost all of the talent on the current varsity squad comes from the freshman classes of one, two, and three years ago.

Don't know if that answers your question. Maybe yours was not a question, just a statement of frustration.

Ventura
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Red's an MD guy who likes to point fingers at other programs for having them do the exact same thing they do (albeit the other programs are now better at it than MD). However I didn't hear peep after the MD player transferred to help the basketball team in effect 20% of the starting basketball team is now filled by a transfer. Just ignore him, he doesn't like facts but loves to rely on hearsay from every parent in every part of the county that he just happens to know for some odd reason at every program that plays MD. I agree, the critics never acknowledge the time when a school lost more in transfers than they gained.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
ventura

Post by ventura »

Notorious wrote:Red's an MD guy who likes to point fingers at other programs for having them do the exact same thing they do (albeit the other programs are now better at it than MD). However I didn't hear peep after the MD player transferred to help the basketball team in effect 20% of the starting basketball team is now filled by a transfer. Just ignore him, he doesn't like facts but loves to rely on hearsay from every parent in every part of the county that he just happens to know for some odd reason at every program that plays MD. I agree, the critics never acknowledge the time when a school lost more in transfers than they gained.

Notorious -

Red's an MD guy?! Aaah! - that was a chunk out of my time for nothing!!
pshaw

Post by pshaw »

ventura wrote:

Notorious -

Red's an MD guy?! Aaah! - that was a chunk out of my time for nothing!!
Hey, we're not all bad. Don't make me go back and un-enjoy reading your posts... :wink:
ventura

Post by ventura »

Hey, we're not all bad. Don't make me go back and un-enjoy reading your posts... :wink:[/quote]

Pshaw -

Don't misunderstand - I thought Red was a bitter public school guy. He's a Monarch homer, and that's fine, but, on balance, he's the pot calling the kettle black re transfers. I will admit Crespi has seen lots of activity in the past two or three years, and as I mentioned, it's discomforting. Even though winning is fun, for a change.

I thought he was a (possibly) legitimately ticked off public school guy, venting.

Crespi's been WHACKED by MD one or two times when they were unfortunate enough to draw them in the playoffs in times past. I was favorably impressed with how they handled a bitter pill last year - they could not have seen that coming, and the players, as far as I saw, were classy. Most of the post game posts were, too. So, I'm not anti MD. But Red's weird.

The Celts will not have the luxury of flying under the radar this time around. I'm interested to see how they deal with it.

Ventura
pshaw

Post by pshaw »

ventura wrote:Pshaw -

Don't misunderstand - I thought Red was a bitter public school guy. He's a Monarch homer, and that's fine, but, on balance, he's the pot calling the kettle black re transfers. I will admit Crespi has seen lots of activity in the past two or three years, and as I mentioned, it's discomforting. Even though winning is fun, for a change.

I thought he was a (possibly) legitimately ticked off public school guy, venting.

Crespi's been WHACKED by MD one or two times when they were unfortunate enough to draw them in the playoffs in times past. I was favorably impressed with how they handled a bitter pill last year - they could not have seen that coming, and the players, as far as I saw, were classy. Most of the post game posts were, too. So, I'm not anti MD. But Red's weird.

The Celts will not have the luxury of flying under the radar this time around. I'm interested to see how they deal with it.

Ventura
Welcome to Red's world!

I agree with your thoughts about publics vs. privates and transfers. There is no easy solution despite what some would like to think.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the MD players. The way you react in situations like that says a lot more about you as a young man than what's on the scoreboard...but that was quite a stomping you guys put on us.

Good luck to the Celts on Friday. Two classy, hard-hitting teams squaring off. Should be a great one.
ventura

Post by ventura »

"Thanks for the kind words regarding the MD players. The way you react in situations like that says a lot more about you as a young man than what's on the scoreboard...but that was quite a stomping you guys put on us."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pshaw -

THE ABOVE IS DEAD ON -

pretty easy to be classy in victory - when a team gets blindsided and disappointed in the one and done playoffs, you see the real deal - again, I was very impressed, and don't think I would have handled it as well if I were in the same position

Ventura
3STRIPES

Post by 3STRIPES »

"My question is...Will Coach Thomas bring with him on the road the ridiculous bagpipe players that have nothing to do with Servite or a Friars to lead his team on to the field? And if so, will the Crespi faithful fall out of their seats from laughter and/or disbelief?"

My question is... Has Coach Thomas been practicing his shadow boxing?
RPW

Post by RPW »

3STRIPES wrote:"My question is...Will Coach Thomas bring with him on the road the ridiculous bagpipe players that have nothing to do with Servite or a Friars to lead his team on to the field? And if so, will the Crespi faithful fall out of their seats from laughter and/or disbelief?"

I am sure he has. Better question that still has not been answered....

"Will Rollo like to stand in front and box with Coach Thomas?"
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

RPW wrote:I am sure he has. Better question that still has not been answered....

"Will Rollo like to stand in front and box with Coach Thomas?"
Asked and answered several months ago. But to repeat: No, Rollo's knees and shins couldn't take the pounding.

MDD
RPW

Post by RPW »

MDDad wrote:
Asked and answered several months ago. But to repeat: No, Rollo's knees and shins couldn't take the pounding.

MDD

Damnit! That's right you did say that. I stand corrected on the subject. But I am sure he could wear some shin guards are something.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

RPW wrote:Damnit! That's right you did say that. I stand corrected on the subject. But I am sure he could wear some shin guards are something.
Now we're talking. If Thomas could tape a small sheet of plywood to the top of his head, we'd have the perfect undercard to Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture at UFC 91.

MDD
edac25

Post by edac25 »

3STRIPES wrote:"My question is...Will Coach Thomas bring with him on the road the ridiculous bagpipe players that have nothing to do with Servite or a Friars to lead his team on to the field? And if so, will the Crespi faithful fall out of their seats from laughter and/or disbelief?"

Better question is have your Monarchs been practicing how to play defense? I'd hate to see Barkley end his HS career with yet another early playoff exit.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Is the game going to be live on Vootage? It doesn't look like it to me.....
Bigbear

Post by Bigbear »

joefutbol wrote:Is the game going to be live on Vootage? It doesn't look like it to me.....
Yes it will

http://www.vootage.com/game/details/565
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

I remember in years past they have the screen set up like that too. They would only tape the games though, and show them on replay the following day. They have quite a few games listed under the event videos, but not the Servite vs Crespi game. Vootage is a pain to navigate.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Just like I thought. Why the hell does Vootage even stay running? When is the last time one of their live broadcasts actually worked?