Boys basketball: Transfers should give Servite boost

Dailydose

Re: Boys basketball: Transfers should give Servite boost

Post by Dailydose » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:17 am

Mean while, Servite beat a 2-18 brea olinda by 10 last night. Preparing for 2nd half of league play I guess.

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Why don't these kids transfer to Servite for basketball? I mean, they are a basketball monster? haha
All I know is this: kids transferred in and yes to play basketball. But like one of you said, transfer to Servite to play basketball? Really?

It does make me sad when I see kids transferring like this.

This reminds me of one kid, Schea Cotton I think. Started out at Bosco, then MD for 2 years, then back to Bosco. WTH!?!? I saw him interviewed during a Laker game too. Where is he now by the way?

I was trying to make a point...oh yeah: If you transfer for the right reasons, you should be ok. If you do the Cotton effect, sometimes it won't work out for you.

This was not a bash on MD or Bosco at all. I'm pretty sure if Cotton wanted to play for the powerhouse that is Servite basketball, they would accept him to. Well, if he passed the entrance exams...if.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

Dailydose

Post by Dailydose » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:53 pm

Servite obviously doesn't care enough about that bb program or they would hire a bb coach. It is unbelievable that a 6 11 player would transfer into Servite. There is not a coach on the staff that can develop players to the best of their abilities. Losing in 2nd round in div 3aaa is embarrassing but not surprising. Maybe they should consider getting the Corona Del Mar bb coach too.

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 am

I know right? I mean, 2nd round, 3aaa....wait. Are you talking about this year? They were in 3A and lost in the Semis.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

OCND3

Post by OCND3 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:46 am

Truth is trivial when you have an axe to grind.