Servite Football 2015

FriarJoe

Re: Servite Football 2015

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:00 pm

They are not all the same in terms of transfers and looseness with the policies. Bosco is by far the worst offender in terms of sports oriented transfers. Look no further than their AAU basketball team the past several years with an all transfer starting 5 and the numerous football transfers that helped them win a Pac-5 ring. JSerra wants to get into the game as well and even went as far as to bring in a big time one and done mercenary RB from LA County that has since returned to his humble public school roots. Santa Margarita is also getting its nose dirty too. OLu is pretty clean but unless they are start getting some Ws, except to see them raiding the 909 or LA County for some beef and speed. Mater Dei has been middle of the road on transfers so i won't pick on them.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:40 pm

FJoe, you paint the Trinity League teams with a pretty broad brush. If your brush had been a little wider, you might also have mentioned that Servite added transfers Terrell Bynum, Micah Croom, Jordan D'errico, Keyon Riley and Tyler Lytle in the last couple years, and key players Sammy Duarte and Equinimeous St. Brown in the years just before that.

Also, I'm a big track guy, so I looked forward to the Register's high school track preview edition on March 13. In it's write-up of the top ten boys teams in Orange County, the paper had this blurb on Servite:
9. Servite: A deep and balanced team should lead the Friars to success during the invitational season. Servite is waiting on multiple transfers so we will have to wait until mid-spring to see what they are really capable of.
No other school was mentioned as awaiting an influx of transfers before its capability could be determined. What's good for the goose...

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Gee, I thought the Servite guys would pick up what I was putting down a little faster, but I guess I gave them too much credit. 3 Lakewood players from a school in shambles after their HC left. 2 players from Bosco looking for more playing time (among other reasons). I know I know, clearly they wanted to live the CREDO life. :lol:

Just poking fun guys. I thought as much as you dish out you would be able to take it better.

BTW, "slim" chance of another title after back to back years in the title game, and last year starting a majority of underclassmen?

How many teams would you put before CC and Bosco getting to the ship again this year? Slim chance? Geeez, I know a lot can happen in HSFB but don't be bias to the point of delusional.

Can't wait until your former LB sacks our former JV QB. OH Trinity league football at its best.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:48 pm

FriarJoe, Servites underperforming heavily transferred hoop team did not fair well. A good amount of the underachieving hoop team were transfers. Servite is no different from the rest now.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:06 am

I think it's the typical servite mentality that they are "elite" and don't stoop to the level of others when they just ignore all that's going on in their own home. I hear they're getting even more transfers this year!

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 am

Yeah, it will be interesting who they get. My guess is second tier OL and DL players that won't start at the other elite schools or are at low profile schools getting no attention. They have skill guys with offers so those positions would make sense.

Art

Post by Art » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:45 am

Wow Credofriar...you are a piece of work...trashing Servites QB the way you just did...you sound like a jealous parent of maybe a competing QB? I hope you don't represent the many at Servite. Congrats to Lytle on his hard work! Keep it up kid...the sky is the limit for you! Great kid from a great family!

Friar4life

Post by Friar4life » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 am

Art:

Agreed. There are plenty of Trolls on this sight that go after Servite whenever the opportunity arises whether warranted or not. When a fellow Friar (Credofriar) "eats his own" it's unbelievable. The QB is a good kid and a good QB. He does come from a good family.

And as for Coach Meyer going on record as saying he had better QBs at CDM, I doubt that he ever said that.

Perhaps Credofriar should consider a name change . . . perhaps NoCredoFriar.

familyoffriars

Post by familyoffriars » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Amen. I have about had it with reading posts from CredoFriar. Clearly the person has no understanding of either of those terms. I had the pleasure of sitting with a group of senior and sophomore boys yesterday who play football. The sophomores are excited to play for Coach Meyer and his new staff and the seniors were a bit envious that they don't get a chance to go another round.

As far as I am concerned, that's about as good it as it gets. Counting the days until we get to cheer for all these boys again. Emphasis on ALL. I don't give a dang who they are, if they are wearing BLACK, I root for them.

beerseach

Post by beerseach » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:11 am

Have to agree with the my fellow Friar Nation. Being critical of things and then getting personal are two very different things. I'm going to say this, whatever that kid Lytle gets, he deserves. That kid works his butt off and shows up everywhere. His family has made the commitment to get their son maximum exposure and he has made the most of it...and he sure as heck seems like a great character kid. Congratulations on your early success Tyler and keep it up. More to come for him I am sure...