Servite Football 2015

OCFAN4FB

Re: Servite Football 2015

Post by OCFAN4FB » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Don't mean to be Debbie Downer for Servite fans but the over / under this year has to be 3-4 wins this year. You can for sure beat Edison and FV. You can probably beat 1 TL team having an off night but I do not see much else for a School that has a brand new coach and lost many of there top players to graduation. Of course that could change if you get some top transfers ? You have a tough schedule this year.
INAM "It's not about me"

trinityfan991

Post by trinityfan991 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:57 am

To be honest I think you should just worry about olu buddy. Servite will be just fine sure they will struggle but will olu really be that much better!??

OCFAN4FB

Post by OCFAN4FB » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:19 am

Hey, takit easy. What do I think about OLu football next season:

Nachooooo
INAM "It's not about me"

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Eric Sondheimer is reporting that Scott Meyer is building a talented coaching staff, which includes:

Oscar McBride, from Tesoro, as Offensive Coordinator,
Brian Pearsall, from Saddleback Valley Christian, as Defensive Coordinator,
DJ Shumate as Running Backs Coach.

Spring ball starts May 11.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Interesting to see that DJ Shoemate is back on the Servite campus. Great high school athlete, tough college career. Should do well coaching at Servite though.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

trinityfan991

Post by trinityfan991 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:43 am

Servite QB Just got offered by Miami pretty big offer since he hasn't played varsity ball yet

new

Post by new » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:52 am

Really WOW!! Who says 7on7 doesn't pay off lol. Good for him

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:31 am

Big arm kid with decent wheels. Good for him. I jut saw the write up.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Really? I kinda think he has a slow and quirky delivery and struggles on some longer throws. But hey, I think Miami did a pretty darn good job with their last big QB recruit so I'm sure they know what they are doing. Kid has a good frame and some athleticism so doesn't hurt to be the first offer. Will be real interesting when he faces Bosco this year.

With an elite WR and now a now a QB with a Miami offer....is it too early to call Servite the fightin Friars of Bellflower? The Bellfower Friars? St. John Servite?

No no no...that would be childish. Fun..but childish. :D

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Miami obviously did not contact Coach Meyers about the offer. Meyers has been quoted as saying he had better QB's at CDM than Lytle.

If you follow the twitters of Bynum and Lytle and others you will see they are apart of team 19 all-stars a 7 on 7 team ran by Keyshawn Johnson. He takes these kids around the country to visit schools and pump the kids up that are on his team.

Since Lytle has below average JV film only, and when they take these "un-official" visits they do not work out for the coaches, the Miami staff has absolutely no idea who they offered besides a tall 6'4 qb that Keyshawn Johnson says is good (even though he does not start for his 7 on 7 team) LOL

But that is how it works now-a-days.
BTW no being on Keyshawn's team...especially when you average at best..... is not free. These dads are shelling out thousands of dollars to be apart of team 19's traveling .....um Mirage? LOL

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:09 am

Team 19 is free of charge and Key is a good dude. Don't spread BS about him like that if you don't know what you are talking about. He does not charge the kids or parents a cent for anything including all air/bus transportation, food and hotel and just gives back to what gave to him. Not everybody has an ugly agenda like you. Coach Coley of Miami went to both of the schools that the two offered QB's and watched a full workout including throwing with the respective HS Head coaches on the field including Meyer who approved of the offer. You should know this Mr Friar, you are insider LOL! Kids were offered with the respective HC's endorsement. Team 19 never visited Miami by the way. I confirmed that before writing this note. I think I trust Coach Coley's judgement of talent. Man.. looking back at your previous msgs you are pure hater and claim to be someone in the know and close to the school. Sad state for your school and rather sad that you smash your own program and kids. You must be the other QB's dad. Look back at your posts...WOW. Just let your son play and earn it. You are entertaining though just leave kids alone and don't bash for pete's sake.

Bosco's Wyatt Davis OL, Osiris St Brown WR, Terrell Bynum WR, Tyler Lytle QB and Tristan Gebia (sp?) Calabasas QB were all offered by Miami over the last two weeks. Lytle and Gebia were yesterday. Looking at the posts, it looks like a few were on an unofficial trip at the same time in Florida. It looks like Davis and Lytle visited Miami and Florida at the same time. Osiris looks like it was this week. Good for these kids and their respective programs. I love seeing this stuff.

TrinityLFB that was freaking funny. St John Servite. How's about St. John Narbonne, St. John Buena Park, St John Lakewood, St John Poly. SJB is the best feeder program out there. I missed about 5 more beneficiaries of their outstanding coaching and talent.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:04 am

Narbonne? Buena Park? Poly? Since when??? lol Narbonne has received Bosco transfers and Bosco denied a handful of Poly transfers silly rabbits tricks are for kids

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:34 am

No, I am saying that the schools received well trained kids from Bosco. It is crazy that Bosco can give up talented kids and still remain on top. But they do it.

beerseach

Post by beerseach » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:47 am

Or how about the Saint John Bosco Lancers? Dont see Bosco winning another title in the coming years and only did so with the help of 3 big time transfers who became HS All Americans. Narbonne gets kids from everywhere. In fact they should be referred to as the biggest beneficiary of all transfers. As a public school they have well over 50% of their players from outside their attendance boundaries.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:59 am

Who is going to beat Bosco in Trinity? Let me see uhhhh hmmm....

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:08 am

St.John Lancers? Bosco received one transfer from OLU and it wasn't like he was Ivan Martinez or anything he rotated time from time

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:35 am

Guy, you are reading this wrong.... Am saying that these schools received Bosco kids.

beerseach

Post by beerseach » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:13 pm

I'm sorry, what is Lakewoods mascot? Thats who I am referring to. And a few years back you did indeed receive a WR from OLu that contributed heavily as well as a public school senior transfer WR this past season. Nope just refuting your notion that Bosco is somehow only farming out well trained kids but rather has been the beneficiary of some well trained kids as well.

Just flipping the coin in saying that Bosco has benefitted greatly from transfers as well. In fact one could say without those 3 major transfers, Bosco would still be titleless in football. In terms of anyone beating Bosco in the Trinity league any team in the Trinity League can be beat on any given Friday. That being said lets assume no one will beat Bosco. i still say their chances of winning a CIF championship are very slim. 1 Championship to show for arguably the best group of players to ever come through there? And again, without 3 major transfers they probably do not win that one. I don't see the next group or two getting it done at Bosco. I know your butthuggers get all bunched up when I say that but too bad. Its just my opinion that winning CIF won't happen in the foreseeable future for Bosco....

digitaluzer

Post by digitaluzer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:34 pm

BWBB - whats your deal? read the entire thread and you will see that he is giving props to SJB for providing talented kids to other schools like the holiest of all holiest of schools, SERVITE. You know, the school who doesn't accept transfers and if they DO make an exception, its only because they came from a private school and are looking to enhance their academic careers OR its because they were placed in unfortunate situations at a public school like Poly and transferred in as sophomores. Wait a minute....on second thought, that's not true either.

Anyways, I regress from my point BWBB, he is only having a little fun at the expense of those posters who would say St John Lancers or the Lakewood Braves.

Bellflower Friars...kinda has nice ring to it!

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:33 pm

Digitaluzer :thumbsup: Exactly right!!! All of these schools are pretty much the same. It is laughable that some claim to hold higher standards.