Tesoro's OC takes the OC at Servite

SirCharles

Tesoro's OC takes the OC at Servite

Post by SirCharles » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Very interesting now that OC has left. Modster now has no excuses for not improving the team from last year.

footballfan50

Re: Tesoro's OC takes the OC at Servite

Post by footballfan50 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:26 pm

Can you elaborate as to what you mean in your comment?

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:58 pm

From what I heard modster was leaving to jserra because he did not like the play calling of coach mcbride.
Modster is in limbo now about going to jserra or staying at tesoro.

sammy swordsman

Post by sammy swordsman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:18 am

Let's all assume that Modster is more knowledgable about play selection that's the O-coordinator. Just like he will undoubtedly be more knowledgable than every future boss he will have, about how to succeed in his future jobs

SirCharles

Post by SirCharles » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:38 am

Modster better learn how to read defenses and not blame the OC if he wants to succeed. Wonder how he did at the nike open?. :-({|=

footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:46 pm

not well

footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 pm

if he transfers anywhere it should be to Bosco.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Bosco has Quentin Davis right? Isn't he there guy? They also have the to be soph phenom I thought? If someone is suggesting he cannot read a D, anywhere in Trinity would be tough. I don't know the kid so I am not suggesting he can or can't. He is doing a lot of things right with the schools that are interested and offering. UCLA is seeing something great, so my guess is he can read a D.

footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:17 pm

I was talking to some Bosco parents at the event yesterday and their #1 comment was that they needed a qb. If that is the case and he is looking to transfer then Bosco would be a better choice in my opinion.

Without question he is a superior athlete that plays qb as opposed to the opposite. From what I've seen he has a tendency to rush to throw the deep ball to the outside or run the ball prior to taking the appropriate amount of time to read a defense. Not sure if that is a lack of his ability to read a defense or perhaps just needs better coaching when it.comes to patience in the pocket. Once you teach that you should be able to teach him how to make progressive reads against a defense.

With Rosen going to UCLA I can't imagine he beats Rosen out anytime soon. I think he is better suited for an offense like Arizona, Oregon, LSU, Nebraska etc. You never know though what these kids can turn into.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Bosco has 4 soph QB's and the senior and they are not happy and none of those guys are good enough?

footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm not a Bosco parent and know no one from Bosco. Just the messenger.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:18 am

The sophomore QB'S might not be as good as what Bosco is used to seeing in the last couple years with Rosen.
You will have growing pains, but coach em up then. If not, i'm sure some other schools would love to start one of those kids riding the bench. There are alot of quality schools in the area.

beerseach

Post by beerseach » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:16 am

There will definitely be some growing pains in replacing Rosen. One can argue how great Rosen was or not but he was at least very, very good and will not be replaced by a sophomore and then expect similar results. I forget Bosco's schedule but I know they are playing DBP in New Jersey. That will be a very tough game for Bosco out there with a soph QB and only McGrew as an experienced RB.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:21 am

I cannot imagine them not playing the Quentin kid that will be a senior. Rosen as a sop struggled a bit, but the season was still a very good one. The good news it seems for Bosco most kids other than the QB will be on their second year starting varsity. Most of Trinity other than OLU and RSM will have a new QB.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:25 am

Quentin is not the thrower that Rosen is but few are. He certainly has enough arm to be good at the high school level and is a better runner than Rosen. Rosen only ran when he had to but Q can make a zone read very well and get some yards. He has waited his turn. And is a good kid. Rosen played JV most of his freshman year and practiced with the varsity, and as was said he still struggled as a sophomore at times.
Not sure Re Al is big enough yet to run as much as he might have to as a sophomore

The sophomores can wait their turn and battle out as juniors with still two years to start. If Re Al grows a little he will be a national recruit whether he plays three years or two.

Other than McGrew they have a good junior back and a sophomore back with very good size and speed.

Costello will be the big name next year but Olu's QB will burn a lot of teams next year.

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Who's Modster?
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Modster is a stud QB doing great things and will continue to the same at the next level.

TrinityLFB you nailed it at every level!

SirCharles

Post by SirCharles » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:53 am

Depends if Modster choose the right school. If he thinks of going to USC or UCLA I would not count on it IMO. Too many QB's in that school that are better in terms of reading defenses and mechanics to even get an opportunity, not to mention the style of offense.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:57 pm

How did this become a Modster thread? Don't you know that only Servite people can take over threads about unrelated topics? A Servite thread will not be allowed to be taken over by another topic.

What are the general thoughts on the new Servite offensive coordinator?

footballfan50

Post by footballfan50 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:04 pm

All those that don't care about Servite raise your hands. Just kidding. I think it's a good hire but not a great hire.

Continuing with the other conversation. Someone who I consider to be very wise made this comment earlier:

"With Rosen going to UCLA I can't imagine he beats Rosen out anytime soon. I think he is better suited for an offense like Arizona, Oregon, LSU, Nebraska etc. You never know though what these kids can turn into."