Servite's best two players...are transfers from Bosco???

BoscoWillBeBack

Servite's best two players...are transfers from Bosco???

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Tyler Bynum. - Four Star WR who holds multiple offers including USC, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona St. ec.

Tyler Lyle - Four Star QB, 6'5 holds offer from Miami and Colorado St.

Both transfers from Bosco.

Kinda curious, Servite posters ALWAYS seem to crucify every other school for having transfers..but it seems these two transfers are as good as you can get! :shrug:

Yeahboiyee

Re: Servite's best two players...are transfers from Bosco???

Post by Yeahboiyee » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:58 pm

Just wait on it. New, Credofriar or another Servite poster will chew one or both of these kids up. They love eating their own. The biggest difference between this school and some of the other Trinity schools, is they beat themselves up. Not all of the Servite faithful do, but there is a good amount.

All that said Keyon Riley is clearly their best player (also a transfer). Tre Web is another good one I've seen at 7v7 tournaments. They have a senior RB also that's legit. Bosco has about 20 dudes. Mater Dei bout 10.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:55 am

Yeah but how many of those 20 or 30 transfers you guys like to always mention are four stars from Bosco this past season?

I'll tell ya the answer.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:15 am

Transfers at a trinity school? Arent they all transfers from somewhere else anyway? :eh?:

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:16 am

I agree with you. Mater Dei looks ike they might inherit a few 4 star guys with offers from Servite. RSM inherited a 4 star receiver this off season. So goes Trinity.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:17 am

HTL you are exactly right. Countless.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:48 am

Aw...I feel so bad for you Tom, er Boscowillbeback. All those transfers, and you don't think they're very good. :-({|=

And I'm enjoying the fact that the tables have turned so that you guys are crying about Servite's transfers. So how do you like it?

That's right Tom, two Bosco stars now playing for Servite. Eat your heart out.

Keyon Riley is a four star transfer SS, and don't forget the best MLB in the league Sammy Duarte...we got him from MD.

And those aren't the only ones on the roster this year.

How you like that, Hans Blix?
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:52 am

BWBB-They crucify their own just as well. At least they are believers in equal opportunity.

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:41 am

[quote=…. don't forget the best MLB in the league Sammy Duarte...we got him from MD.
[/quote]

I think you better re-evlaute your thoughts on Sammy Duarte as being the best MLB in the league. He's no where near the being the best MLB in the Trinity League. I don't think you've seen the other linebackers in the league? JSerra's two guys, Kyle Adams and Corey Seleinksi are better than Duarte.. I just haven't seen any improvement since he came over from MD. He's doesn't have the same heart, work ethic or attitude his brother Thomas has.

If Sammy was at MD, he'd be fighting for a starting spot THIS year! He would have never seen a starting spot on last years MD defense.

familyoffriars

Post by familyoffriars » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Isn't it ironic, one of Servite's best players transferred to Bosco this year, and will play his senior season at Bosco and not one Servite poster has "eaten him", "turned on him" or criticized him.

To me, people who post those comments are bitter and/or are correcting misstatements that tend to be exaggerating the strengths of players who transferred out.

In reality, most true supporters of all Trinity league programs get that kids transfer for all sorts of reasons. Personally, I preferred the days when Servite didn't have many. Only because I like the idea that you play with the team you brought to the dance.

However, I also do not think any student should be denied the right to attend a school they want to attend if they are willing to do the work to attend. For most of these schools, that can mean extra classes and summer school to transfer. Who are we to criticize a kid who is willing to do that in order to play ball?

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:27 pm

However, I also do not think any student should be denied the right to attend a school they want to attend if they are willing to do the work to attend. For most of these schools, that can mean extra classes and summer school to transfer. Who are we to criticize a kid who is willing to do that in order to play ball?

Seems to me players don`t know the meaning of hard work, dedication and commitment… gone are the days of playing for your neighborhood school which meant something. Problem is kids and their parents have become "too individualized" and think more about recruiting ratings and scholarships then life’s lessons. This carousal of kids bouncing around and jumping ship is a joke...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

TravellingPimp

Post by TravellingPimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 pm

unlike some players that transfer their jr. or sr. season to a winning team to just be hanger-ons. These young men came as sophomores to a team that wasn't doing so well. They come from good upstanding families and themselves are good young men. They could have easily stayed and would have been just as successful. They also weren't promised some rose garden to come over either. Lytle had to split time with another QB his first season there.

You never know what depths some people will go to drag others down but these young men and any others that have come from someplace else are now Fighting Friars and from watching them play and interact wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

What's next are we going to start calling out those that go to a Catholic school that aren't Catholic?

TravellingPimp

Post by TravellingPimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Seems to me players don`t know the meaning of hard work, dedication and commitment… gone are the days of playing for your neighborhood school which meant something. Problem is kids and their parents have become "too individualized" and think more about recruiting ratings and scholarships then life’s lessons. This carousal of kids bouncing around and jumping ship is a joke...

While you are certainly painting with a very broad brush. My boys were given a choice to go to a local high school where they could have certainly walked on a started and gotten straight A's easy enough or go to a school where they were going to have to fight to earn play time and stay up late to get good grades. They chose to take the challenge. Interesting part is, most of their teammates are the same way. So while there may be some that "chase the glory" the majority don't and there are others that just want to get the recognition they have worked for - nothing wrong with that. And frankly I know many families that football scholarships were the only way they were going to be able to go to college. So their choice was earn a reputation and name for yourself by doing well in a quality program playing quality opponents or get a job at McDonalds. Doesn't seem fair does it?

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:53 pm

So their choice was earn a reputation and name for yourself by doing well in a quality program playing quality opponents or get a job at McDonalds.

And they couldn`t do that at a public school? Last time I checked CC is the PAC5 champion and as of right now 13 players are sitting on D1 offers from schools such as Alabama, Cal, Stanford, UCLA & ND to name a few...

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:03 pm

CC is the exception and not the rule. And don't think kids/families don't find a way to get their kids to go to CC for football related reasons. Why many of the players there are not officially "transfers", they certainly found there way there with athletics in mind. Its not a surprise that Corona high school is good awful and CC is a beast every year. There is not much difference in the demographics of those 2 areas.

Servite's new coach is changing the culture there. It will take a little bit of time, but the Friars are on their way back. 2 Years ago they were a 2 point conversion from the Pac 5 semis with a rookie coach and ragtag staff and last year they had LB Poly sweating their huevos off until the last minute in the Pac 5 playoffs. Don't fool yourself. The Friars are not that far away from being good again with the right coach and now they have him.

TravellingPimp

Post by TravellingPimp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:10 pm

And they couldn`t do that at a public school? Last time I checked CC is the PAC5 champion and as of right now 13 players are sitting on D1 offers from schools such as Alabama, Cal, Stanford, UCLA & ND to name a few...

I guess if CC were their local high school it might have been considered, as well as Los Alamitos, LBP and many other solid football programs. But what if you live local to Beckman or Santa Ana High School? Many public schools you can't transfer into or you get put on a waiting list. The schools that don't have waiting lists for transferees are probably not schools you want to send your kids to anyways. As a parent I want to give my kid his best chance in life, not just football and along the way he learns commitment, integrity and honor. Don't think for a moment those lessons aren't learned just as much at a private school. And when he graduates, he may get an offer, he may not, but he will know he fought against the best and he has a quality education to take him through his phase of life.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:25 pm

I guess if CC were their local high school it might have been considered, as well as Los Alamitos, LBP and many other solid football programs. But what if you live local to Beckman or Santa Ana High School? Many public schools you can't transfer into or you get put on a waiting list. The schools that don't have waiting lists for transferees are probably not schools you want to send your kids to anyways. As a parent I want to give my kid his best chance in life, not just football and along the way he learns commitment, integrity and honor. Don't think for a moment those lessons aren't learned just as much at a private school. And when he graduates, he may get an offer, he may not, but he will know he fought against the best and he has a quality education to take him through his phase of life.

Fair enough...

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:01 pm

by Sweetness34 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:41 pm

I think you better re-evlaute your thoughts on Sammy Duarte as being the best MLB in the league. He's no where near the being the best MLB in the Trinity League. I don't think you've seen the other linebackers in the league?
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm sticking with mine. Despite battling injuries mid season, Sammy was 2nd team All Trinity league (all the 1st team LBs were seniors). After watching him against J Serra, I'm confident that Sammy will be a nightmare for Trinity league offenses, if he stays healthy.

First team LB, and in the discussion for Defensive MVP if he gets enough support from Servite's DL (a big question mark, I know).

We can revisit this in December. But you heard it first right here.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Lionhunter wrote:Sammy was 2nd team All Trinity league (all the 1st team LBs were seniors).
I'll say it again for about the 20th time -- making an all-league team signifies nothing. The league rules gave Coach Gass X number of first- and second-team spots that he could hand out like candy to whomever he wanted. He chose to give one of the second-team spots to Duarte. It has absolutely no bearing on where he ranks as a linebacker against the others in the league.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:52 pm

While I have debated with some and still don't agree with the reasons for the Bynum transfer, you can say that his starting role at Bosco was in question and he knew he would be a starter at Servite. Lytle left Bosco because he did not want to play behind Quentin this year. Say what you want, but junior year is a big year for recruiting and guys that "think" they are D1 material WANT to play their junior year.

On other hand, the Servite LB that came to Bosco knew he was filling a huge position of need for the Braves and could also probably start right away. There is a very. very good sophomore to be LB but other than that it is the one place they are thin on the defense.

I don't blame any of these kids. We are not talking about kids that left their local public program. They are kids that chose their private school with football in mind, and with that, they may leave if that part of it does not work out for them.

I get "most" public schools complaining about kids leaving (although ALL the top programs are accepting just as many transfers as the private schools). I don't care how talented the kids in the CC area are, they win a lot of ball games because of transfers so stop crying.

If Bosco plays well this year and makes a decent playoff run, they may face La Mirada (preseason), Poly and CC. Each one of those teams will probably take in more transfer than Bosco THIS year. It's an ebb and flow thing.