JV Final score
Servite Friars - 20
Crespi Celts - 14

Way to go FRIARS!!! =D>

CREDO
Wolves

Re: JV Scores 9/18/2008

Post by Wolves »

O Lu 14-12 at half vs Tustin....I have no final score.
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

Julius wrote:JV Final score
Servite Friars - 20
Crespi Celts - 14

Way to go FRIARS!!! =D>

CREDO
Julius,
What was the level of play? This sounds like the Clovis game. The JV squad came alive in the second half of that game and shut down Clovis as well. There is a stud running back on the Friar team that reminds me of Rangel when he was at that level.... real power, and the ability to bull his way through the opponent's defense. The "Bone" formation was used in the Clovis game to great advantage....two touchdowns in the last quarter. Did they use the "Bone" today as effectively???

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

ExRep wrote:
Julius,
What was the level of play? This sounds like the Clovis game. The JV squad came alive in the second half of that game and shut down Clovis as well. There is a stud running back on the Friar team that reminds me of Rangel when he was at that level.... real power, and the ability to bull his way through the opponent's defense. The "Bone" formation was used in the Clovis game to great advantage....two touchdowns in the last quarter. Did they use the "Bone" today as effectively???

Ex
Most of the game was defense and it was a hard hitting game.
They used the "Bone" formation at the start of the 4th quarter and the other 2 touchdowns were scored from the spread offense, both on big run plays. Is the "stud" you are thinking about #6?
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

Julius wrote: Most of the game was defense and it was a hard hitting game.
They used the "Bone" formation at the start of the 4th quarter and the other 2 touchdowns were scored from the spread offense, both on big run plays. Is the "stud" you are thinking about #6?
J...
Yes, I believe that was his number, can't be sure, though. The kid is probably just under 6' and looks like he weighs about 190 to 210 or so. He went through the Clovis line and backs like they were ten pins.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
uni's uncle

Post by uni's uncle »

RoadRunner wrote:MD 21
CC 35 Final

poly 15

newport 6

polys 1st touchdown and safety were do to blocked punts, real late score for newport
sgthartman

Post by sgthartman »

ExRep wrote:
J...
Yes, I believe that was his number, can't be sure, though. The kid is probably just under 6' and looks like he weighs about 190 to 210 or so. He went through the Clovis line and backs like they were ten pins.

Ex
#6 = Everett West in your Friars program. West was slowed by injury last season and looks like he's on am mission to establish himself at the RB position.

Saw several of the soph class -that had been playing with the varsity - suited up in this one. #37 completely fired up for this game!

I was impressed with the overall size of the Crespi OL. They made Servite look small, and appear to have a lot to build with for the next couple of seasons at least. West was slowed by injury last season and looks like he's on am mission to establish himself at the RB position.
Seven-six-two millimeter. Full. Metal. Jacket.

ventura

Post by ventura »

Ex[/quote]
#6 = Everett West in your Friars program. West was slowed by injury last season and looks like he's on am mission to establish himself at the RB position.

Saw several of the soph class -that had been playing with the varsity - suited up in this one. #37 completely fired up for this game!

I was impressed with the overall size of the Crespi OL. They made Servite look small, and appear to have a lot to build with for the next couple of seasons at least. West was slowed by injury last season and looks like he's on am mission to establish himself at the RB position.[/quote]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ex and Friardom:

Kudos to Servite on the win - truthfully, I'm glad Crespi played them tough - if that Los Al transfer Graves played (I believe he did against Bham), even more kudos. He was very impressive as a soph on varsity last year, from what I understand.

Re the line, that's Ross' strength - he was a great lineman for Fresno State and appears to be adept at passing on his knowledge - I believe he's pretty fired up on the O-line varsity this year. I'm STOKED for tomorrow! One way or another, I hope it's a great game with not too much sloppiness, full throttle intensity, and class for both sides.

Ventura
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

ventura wrote:Ex

I was impressed with the overall size of the Crespi OL. They made Servite look small, and appear to have a lot to build with for the next couple of seasons at least. West was slowed by injury last season and looks like he's on am mission to establish himself at the RB position.[/quote]

He did play, word is CIF is breathing down Crespi's neck on the three transfers

Ex and Friardom:

Kudos to Servite on the win - truthfully, I'm glad Crespi played them tough - if that Los Al transfer Graves played (I believe he did against Bham), even more kudos. He was very impressive as a soph on varsity last year, from what I understand.

Re the line, that's Ross' strength - he was a great lineman for Fresno State and appears to be adept at passing on his knowledge - I believe he's pretty fired up on the O-line varsity this year. I'm STOKED for tomorrow! One way or another, I hope it's a great game with not too much sloppiness, full throttle intensity, and class for both sides.

Ventura[/quote]
MCHamma

Post by MCHamma »

SM 21
Foothill 7
The only way to maximize potential for performance is to be calm in the mind.
-- Brian Sipe