Trinity League as of now?

americanhero

Re: Trinity League as of now?

Post by americanhero »

longtimeobserver wrote:KiKi is a man of high integrity and I know that he is not going to jeopardize the success that
Bosco has had for an individual. Maybe in the past few years the coaching staff has been
"too young" and not experienced enough but he has made some changes and they seem
to be working. Of all the teams in the Trinity League that compete against MD I wish them
the best because of my personal friendship with him and his family. Since we didn't have
the opportunity to play them last year it is really difficult to asses the players on this year's team.
They certainly have not lacked the scoring punch and I look forward to playing them this
year at the Bowl.
Most anyone I know who has met Kiki has left with a strong impression of him. He is a coach that his kids love to play for, someone people respect, for not only his passion but for his integrity. I really don't cre for any of the amount of disrespect people show to Kiki. He, like every other coach at Bosco, is forced to compete against programs that have more money put into the program, better facilities and more notoriety.

The talking down on Kiki comes from those who speak purely from ignorance. I think there has been a large backlash against Bosco for going undefeated in their non-league schedule and then losing all their league games (except one) two years ago and I think some people have for whatever reason anointed Kiki as the reason for this. Kiki has twice the talent he had on that team this year, and I think the results at the end of the day will bear that out.

There will be some very disappointed people in Bellflower if this team fails to do what some think it is capable of doing this season. And nobody knows that better than Kiki. He will always do what is best for his kids, his school, and his program and I would find it hard to believe that he would include Fletcher in the mix if he felt he was going to put a season off to such a great start at risk.
NoTihs

Post by NoTihs »

americanhero wrote:
Most anyone I know who has met Kiki has left with a strong impression of him. He is a coach that his kids love to play for, someone people respect, for not only his passion but for his integrity. I really don't cre for any of the amount of disrespect people show to Kiki. He, like every other coach at Bosco, is forced to compete against programs that have more money put into the program, better facilities and more notoriety.

The talking down on Kiki comes from those who speak purely from ignorance. I think there has been a large backlash against Bosco for going undefeated in their non-league schedule and then losing all their league games (except one) two years ago and I think some people have for whatever reason anointed Kiki as the reason for this. Kiki has twice the talent he had on that team this year, and I think the results at the end of the day will bear that out.

There will be some very disappointed people in Bellflower if this team fails to do what some think it is capable of doing this season. And nobody knows that better than Kiki. He will always do what is best for his kids, his school, and his program and I would find it hard to believe that he would include Fletcher in the mix if he felt he was going to put a season off to such a great start at risk.
Absolutely! You are right on.
ANWK

Post by ANWK »

Wolves wrote:

They had better start rebuilding for next year right now. Sit the seniors...play the sophmores.
The other 3 are not going to be beat.

Whooooaaaa are the Lancers....poor us.
No one is counting OLU out ... atleast not my camp.
longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver »

Well I am certainly not counting OL out of it. They are STILL A GOOD PROGRAM and
when the league starts it will be a WAR EVERY WEEK---EVERY GAME---Any of five teams
can beat one another on any given night...and that is all that NEEDS TO BE SAID.
JSerra is improved and won't get tromped like they did last year...don't know whether
as the season progresses if they will be as good as they are now...because of the injury
factor...since they don't have the numbers...that could be a major problem. They will not
win a Trinity League game but it will certinaly be more competitive. All THE OTHER TEAMS
when they play each other will be like I said a WAR!!!! And ANYONE who thinks differently
doesn't know high school football.