Edison vs Servite - Homecoming weekend

rvoltes5

Edison vs Servite - Homecoming weekend

Post by rvoltes5 »

Given the teams that the 2 teams have faced, I want to go with Servite winning this contest.

Thoughts and opinions please
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS
Grand Supreme

Re: Edison vs Servite - Homecoming weekend

Post by Grand Supreme »

I believe I speak for all Chargers in saying we are highly offended that Servite would have the audacity to schedule us during their homecoming.

After we get through w/ ya’ll aint nobody gonna be in the mood to boogy in Anaheim (or Corona) I can tell you that much…
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
Grand Supreme

Post by Grand Supreme »

rvoltes5 wrote:Given the teams that the 2 teams have faced, I want to go with Servite winning this contest.

Thoughts and opinions please

in all seriousness...
any notion that edision will not be prepared to face Servite are not grounded in good-sense imo.
these teams know each other..
i give the coaching advantage (once again) to edison.

w/ the exception of crespi has Servite really played that much of a harder scheduel then edison?

Edison has demonstrated the ability to beat Servite teams that are athletically better then themselves…

This year Edison is actually athletically better then Servite, in addition to the coaching advantage…

This game could get ugly…
edac25

Post by edac25 »

blng_blng wrote:

in all seriousness...
any notion that edision will not be prepared to face Servite are not grounded in good-sense imo.
these teams know each other..
i give the coaching advantage (once again) to edison.

w/ the exception of crespi has Servite really played that much of a harder scheduel then edison?

Edison has demonstrated the ability to beat Servite teams that are athletically better then themselves…

This year Edison is actually athletically better then Servite, in addition to the coaching advantage…

This game could get ugly…
This game reminds me of the first Trinity League match-up between Servite and OLU a few years ago. OLU came into the game undefeated and had won by an average of something crazy like 35 points per game. Of course their high-flying offense hadn't played anyone Servite's JV team couldn't have beaten, but nonetheless, everyone thought the Lancers would crush the Friars that night. I knew better of course. I knew OLU had not been punched in the mouth and that they had yet to be truly tested. As I predicted, Corp and Co. lost their first and only game of that season.

Fast forward to this week's game. Edison's inexperienced team has not been "punched in the mouth". They have scheduled and beaten cupcakes and have impressive numbers as a result. Well, let's see what happens to their confidence when they start having to send the punter out early and often. And what do they do when they look up at the scoreboard to find themselves behind for the 1st time all year? I see the Friars rolling in this one. Sorry Tank...end of the road buddy.
forkicks

Post by forkicks »

Tank, let's hope you guys can at least make it a game this year. Last years game was a complete waste of my money and time.

I think I'll sit on Edisons side this year. I might give ya'll some luck

Kicks
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

For the homecoming halftime festivities Coach Thomas and Peter Bowen should dress up as court jesters. There is nothing as funny as a dwarf dressed as a court jester so just imagine two on the field together, chasing one another about, shadow boxing, causing general mayhem; what a show and one I guarantee both sides of the field would appreciate.

Bobby G.
Grand Supreme

Post by Grand Supreme »

edac25 wrote:This game reminds me of the first Trinity League match-up between Servite and OLU a few years ago. OLU came into the game undefeated and had won by an average of something crazy like 35 points per game. Of course their high-flying offense hadn't played anyone Servite's JV team couldn't have beaten, but nonetheless, everyone thought the Lancers would crush the Friars that night. I knew better of course. I knew OLU had not been punched in the mouth and that they had yet to be truly tested. As I predicted, Corp and Co. lost their first and only game of that season.

Fast forward to this week's game. Edison's inexperienced team has not been "punched in the mouth". They have scheduled and beaten cupcakes and have impressive numbers as a result. Well, let's see what happens to their confidence when they start having to send the punter out early and often. And what do they do when they look up at the scoreboard to find themselves behind for the 1st time all year? I see the Friars rolling in this one. Sorry Tank...end of the road buddy.

a little historical perspective never hurts..
san clemente backed out on edison after losing 7 straight games...
edison typically takes a back seat to no-one in regards to sos...
after san clemente backed out edison had to scrabble for teams in the 12th hour...
any question about edison not being "up" for games were answered friday night..
they could have looked past dana hills, but they came out swinging...
can i get a "whoop-whoop" for hunter white and the boise st. broncos for beating #13 oregon this weekend?
forkicks

Post by forkicks »

Tank, check your PM's
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

blng_blng wrote:w/ the exception of crespi has Servite really played that much of a harder scheduel then edison?
Absolutely! The teams Servite has played are probably three or four TD's per game better than the teams Edison has played.

MDD
hated

Post by hated »

[quote="edac25
"but nonetheless, everyone thought the Lancers would crush the Friars that night. I knew better of course. I knew OLU had not been punched in the mouth and that they had yet to be truly tested. As I predicted, Corp and Co. lost their first and only game of that season."

YES CORP AND CO. LOST THEIR ONLY GAME THAT NIGHT..

..AND SERVITE WOULD HAVE EVENTUALLY MET OLU IN THE FINAL THAT 2006 SEASON AND WHIPPED THEM AGAIN . EXCEPT FOR THE ONE LITTLE FOOTNOTE

YOU FAILED TO MENTION. SOMEONE ELSE GOT PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH. ONCE BY MD , AND TWICE BY.. WELL...YOU KNOW THE STORY.
edisonfan

Post by edisonfan »

edac25 wrote: This game reminds me of the first Trinity League match-up between Servite and OLU a few years ago. OLU came into the game undefeated and had won by an average of something crazy like 35 points per game. Of course their high-flying offense hadn't played anyone Servite's JV team couldn't have beaten, but nonetheless, everyone thought the Lancers would crush the Friars that night. I knew better of course. I knew OLU had not been punched in the mouth and that they had yet to be truly tested. As I predicted, Corp and Co. lost their first and only game of that season.

WTF? OK, EDAC25, is going to come out punching.

Good to hear that the Friars are rolling to the end of our road. I get the feeling that the Charger D wants to be tested, especially against a team that can really play bad azz, smash mouth football.

We have all been waiting for this, and it should be another great game.

I am hoping for another appearance of Dino and Kerwin, along with Dante and Christian.

Actually, I like that shadow boxing thing too, and the bag pipes. I hope it's like the playoff game 2 years ago. It was erie, hearing the bag pipes...before we could see the team coming out, behind them. Loved it, and it set the tone for the evening. Not to mention the "We're Goin' In" chant.

Awesome!

And please, Edac25, do not ever ****!

:mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
edisonfan

Post by edisonfan »

Bobby G. wrote:For the homecoming halftime festivities Coach Thomas and Peter Bowen should dress up as court jesters. There is nothing as funny as a dwarf dressed as a court jester so just imagine two on the field together, chasing one another about, shadow boxing, causing general mayhem; what a show and one I guarantee both sides of the field would appreciate.

Bobby G.

Pre-game...They could ride in together, ahead of the bag pipes, on their bicycles, wearing dark pants and short sleeve white shirts... :)
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Are they having homecoming half-time festivites? They might be calling this their "homecoming game", but all the festivites are October 3rd and 4th (bye week). Here's what they have on their website:

Homecoming Extravaganza – October 3rd and October 4th

Servite High School is proud to announce: “Servite: Celebrating 50 Magical, Memorable, Movie Moments from 1958 to 2008. This year’s Homecoming theme incorporates the “Wild West”, “Hollywood”, “Under the Big Top” and “Island Adventure” themes that are rotated every four years, to commemorate the 775th Anniversary of the Servite Order and the 50th Anniversary of Servite High School.

Festivities will commence on Friday, October 3 with an event for the whole family to enjoy! Join us from 5:00pm to 9:00pm on Courage Field where concession stands with such things as water, sno cones, popcorn, cotton candy, candy apples and Carl’s Jr. hamburgers will be sold for your convenience and enjoyment. Entertainers will put on a fabulous show that is sure to captivate one and all. Bring your picnic tables, chairs and blankets and enjoy the ambiance of Homecoming 2008!

The Homecoming committees of Servite, Rosary and Connelly High Schools have been diligently working on the details and activities for the event on October 3 as well as working on making the Tri-School student
dance on Saturday October 4 the most “Magical and Memorable.”
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

Bobby G. wrote:For the homecoming halftime festivities Coach Thomas and Peter Bowen should dress up as court jesters. There is nothing as funny as a dwarf dressed as a court jester so just imagine two on the field together, chasing one another about, shadow boxing, causing general mayhem; what a show and one I guarantee both sides of the field would appreciate.

Bobby G.
Bobby G...
Your low-road suggestion for Homecoming "halftime festivities" will never materialize. The real Homecoming festivities will occur on the Servite campus in a county-fair type setting on the first weekend in October. Last year the Orange county fires forced the cancellation of many games. That weekend happened to be Servite's Homecoming weekend. In a logistical miracle the whole show was set up on the Servite campus and proved to be so popular that it was decided to do the same thing this year. I hope that this will become the new "tradition". This setting allows families to share in the celebration with the students. The Edison game simply marks the beginning of Homecoming Week. My understanding is that there will be no halftime show.

B. Gee....I once PM'd you about your puerile jabs at Mr. Bowen. He is really a great guy and has a wonderful family. His care and love for Servite runs very deep. I have sent two sons through Servite and have been associated with the school for ten years. The current administration has brought about a renaissance in spirit and fraternity. You can feel it on the campus and in the stands.
The anonymity of a message board helps to reveal the character of a poster. You don't know Pete Bowen and you don't know Coach Thomas. You may find Thomas's gyrations funny or overdone, but he is passionate when it comes to football.

I hope you are better than your posts reveal.

Ex

P.S. You might try and come to the campus on Oct 3rd and see what is going on. Just don't wear anything RED.
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter »

ExRep wrote: You might try and come to the campus on Oct 3rd and see what is going on. Just don't wear anything RED.
Yeah, Bobby, come to the Servite celebration. You should bring Coach Barnes with you. Maybe he'll decide to buy you a sno-cone, or maybe he'll change his mind when they start to hand it to you.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.
blknyt

Post by blknyt »

ExRep wrote:
Bobby G...
Your low-road suggestion for Homecoming "halftime festivities" will never materialize. The real Homecoming festivities will occur on the Servite campus in a county-fair type setting on the first weekend in October. Last year the Orange county fires forced the cancellation of many games. That weekend happened to be Servite's Homecoming weekend. In a logistical miracle the whole show was set up on the Servite campus and proved to be so popular that it was decided to do the same thing this year. I hope that this will become the new "tradition". This setting allows families to share in the celebration with the students. The Edison game simply marks the beginning of Homecoming Week. My understanding is that there will be no halftime show.

B. Gee....I once PM'd you about your puerile jabs at Mr. Bowen. He is really a great guy and has a wonderful family. His care and love for Servite runs very deep. I have sent two sons through Servite and have been associated with the school for ten years. The current administration has brought about a renaissance in spirit and fraternity. You can feel it on the campus and in the stands.
The anonymity of a message board helps to reveal the character of a poster. You don't know Pete Bowen and you don't know Coach Thomas. You may find Thomas's gyrations funny or overdone, but he is passionate when it comes to football.

Ex

P.S. You might try and come to the campus on Oct 3rd and see what is going on. Just don't wear anything RED.

Gosh BG, I think that's a little out of line.

You can take this for what it's worth, since I don't exactly have a dog in this hunt (I'm a MD alum with a son who plays for OLU), but my impression of Pete Bowen is that you'd be hard-pressed to find a finer man, who cares more about his school's ministry of turning boys into men. I've only met him once, and he probably wouldn't recognize me if he met me again, but I came away from that meeting incredibly impressed with his character, values and concern for developing spirituality, service and character in his students.

I join with Ex and respectfully request that we consider Mr. Bowen off-limits to this kind of banter and triviality. It's the deccent thing to do....
Monarch March

Post by Monarch March »

Is this game on Friday Night? Where?
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

Bobby G.
ExRep wrote:Bobby G...

Ex

I get it. So I shouldn’t say anything about staff at Servite, but anything the Servite a-holes want to say about John Barnes or the staff at Mater Dei is OK, right?

Sort-of-kind-of makes you a hypocrite, right? You never protested once on those posts, did you? Is that what you meant by, “The anonymity of a message board helps to reveal the character of a poster?” I’ll write that down so I’m sure not to forget.

Bobby G.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

blng_blng wrote: a little historical perspective never hurts..
san clemente backed out on edison after losing 7 straight games...
edison typically takes a back seat to no-one in regards to sos...
after san clemente backed out edison had to scrabble for teams in the 12th hour...
any question about edison not being "up" for games were answered friday night..
they could have looked past dana hills, but they came out swinging...
can i get a "whoop-whoop" for hunter white and the boise st. broncos for beating #13 oregon this weekend?
Servite probably has the toughest schedule in the state this year. Wanna make another wager this year tanky? This time you can't come back though.......

whoop-whoop
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Monarch March wrote:Is this game on Friday Night? Where?
The game is on Friday night at Cerritos College. It will also be broadcast on Fox Sports.

Received another phone call from Servite again today that tickets for this game will be on sale in the business office from 9AM - 4PM Tuesday thur Thursday. $6.00 for adults and $2.00 for children.