Edison vs Servite - Homecoming weekend

rvoltes5

Re: Edison vs Servite - Homecoming weekend

Post by rvoltes5 »

blng_blng wrote:I believe I speak for all Chargers in saying we are highly offended that Servite would have the audacity to schedule us during their homecoming.

After we get through w/ ya’ll aint nobody gonna be in the mood to boogy in Anaheim (or Corona) I can tell you that much…
Umm...I know Edison alumni are smart....it's Servite with an "S" at the beginning. I know the C button is kind of close to the S, but it's Servite with an "S".

Just wanted to let you know.

I think it's an honor to have a good school with a good football program to have as an opponent for homecoming weekend. It's the most respectful thing a host school can do.

You're not suggesting that Edison schedules weak teams for their homecoming game so they can win the football game are you?
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS
Grand Supreme

Post by Grand Supreme »

rvoltes5 wrote:You're not suggesting that Edison schedules weak teams for their homecoming game so they can win the football game are you?
That is exactly what I'm saying Dougie Howzer...
Why do you think Marina is everybodies homecoming game?
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

blng_blng wrote:
That is exactly what I'm saying Dougie Howzer...
Why do you think Marina is everybodies homecoming game?
You must have forgot five years ago when Servite beat Edison on their homecoming.
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

Bobby G. wrote:

I get it. So I shouldn’t say anything about staff at Servite, but anything the Servite a-holes want to say about John Barnes or the staff at Mater Dei is OK, right?

Sort-of-kind-of makes you a hypocrite, right? You never protested once on those posts, did you? Is that what you meant by, “The anonymity of a message board helps to reveal the character of a poster?” I’ll write that down so I’m sure not to forget.

Bobby G.
B.GEE,

Gosh....I think I embarrassed you..... And, YES, the anonymity of a message board can and does reveal the character of a poster. That applies to Servite, Los Alamitos, MD, OLU posters and homers across the board. Take a deep breath and take the high road...that's all I am saying.

Remember...Don't wear anything Red when you come to the Homecoming Festivities. PM me and I will see what I can do to get you and a friend a pass. That's at 1952 W. La Palma Ave, in Anaheim.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

blng_blng wrote:I believe I speak for all Chargers in saying we are highly offended that Servite would have the audacity to schedule us during their homecoming.

After we get through w/ ya’ll aint nobody gonna be in the mood to boogy in Anaheim (or Corona) I can tell you that much…
Well Bling, I hate to burst your bubble, but the reason Edison is the homecoming game is because the next week is a bye week and homecoming festivities will span both weekends. The Edison game will be the kickoff. Friday of the bye week wil be an on-campus celebration complete with fireworks and Saturday will be the dance. The goal was to allow the players to enjoy as much of the festivities as possible and not cram everything into a couple days.
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

Bobby G. wrote:I get it. So I shouldn’t say anything about staff at Servite, but anything the Servite a-holes want to say about John Barnes or the staff at Mater Dei is OK, right?

Sort-of-kind-of makes you a hypocrite, right? You never protested once on those posts, did you? Is that what you meant by, “The anonymity of a message board helps to reveal the character of a poster?” I’ll write that down so I’m sure not to forget.

Bobby G.
ExRep wrote:B.GEE,

Gosh....I think I embarrassed you.....
That’s far more difficult than you can imagine.
ExRep wrote:And, YES, the anonymity of a message board can and does reveal the character of a poster. That applies to Servite, Los Alamitos, MD, OLU posters and homers across the board. Take a deep breath and take the high road...that's all I am saying.

Remember...Don't wear anything Red when you come to the Homecoming Festivities. PM me and I will see what I can do to get you and a friend a pass. That's at 1952 W. La Palma Ave, in Anaheim.

Ex
You failed to respond to my comment – Why did you not protest when certain Servite alumni attacked John Barnes? Why did you not protest when certain Servite alumni attacked Mater Dei staff? Like I said, makes you a hypocrite, right? So, are you a hypocrite? Did you protest and I missed the post? I think not.

New question – Is there a double standard? Anything goes if you’re Servite alumni, but if you’re not then there are boundaries and Servite alumni will let us non Servite alumni know those boundaries. Simple question really. I’ll wait.

Bobby G.
blknyt

Post by blknyt »

Bobby G. wrote:

You failed to respond to my comment – Why did you not protest when certain Servite alumni attacked John Barnes? Why did you not protest when certain Servite alumni attacked Mater Dei staff? Like I said, makes you a hypocrite, right? So, are you a hypocrite? Did you protest and I missed the post? I think not.

New question – Is there a double standard? Anything goes if you’re Servite alumni, but if you’re not then there are boundaries and Servite alumni will let us non Servite alumni know those boundaries. Simple question really. I’ll wait.

Bobby G.
Bobby, I know Ex doesn't me to fight his battles, but just an observation:

John Barnes: Coach = Fair Game (within the bounds of decency)
Troy Thomas: Coach = Fair Game, etc.
Bruce Rollinson: Coach = Fair Game ....
Jim Kunau: Coach = Fair Game ....

Pete Bowen: Not-a-Coach, ergo let's leave him out of this stuff.

Seems pretty basic. Peace.

--nyt
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

Bobby G. wrote:

Bobby G.
B. GEE,

I stand by my assertion that "The anonymity of a message board can and does reveal the character of a poster". It is really very simple. If you don't get it, then I can't explain it. Of course, I am assuming you know what I am talking about. Each poster makes a decision when he or she puts fingers to the keyboard. What results from that decision comes from the soul.

Would you agree?

ExRep
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

Bobby G. wrote:

Bobby G.
ExRep wrote:B. GEE,

I stand by my assertion that "The anonymity of a message board can and does reveal the character of a poster". It is really very simple. If you don't get it, then I can't explain it. Of course, I am assuming you know what I am talking about. Each poster makes a decision when he or she puts fingers to the keyboard. What results from that decision comes from the soul.

Would you agree?

ExRep
You seem fairly full of sh_t. Do you feel like you’re full of sh_t or not? Simple question.

Here’s another question I think I asked a few times – Are you a hypocrite?

Now, before you go all philosophical (again), just answer the f’n question. Are you a hypocrite? How can you say anything about what anyone says about Servite staff after you stood silent as staff at other schools was attacked time and time again by certain Servite alumni?

OK? Just let us all know if you’re a hypocrite.

Bobby G.
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

Bobby G. wrote:

You seem fairly full of sh_t. Do you feel like you’re full of sh_t or not? Simple question.

Here’s another question I think I asked a few times – Are you a hypocrite?

Now, before you go all philosophical (again), just answer the f’n question. Are you a hypocrite? How can you say anything about what anyone says about Servite staff after you stood silent as staff at other schools was attacked time and time again by certain Servite alumni?

OK? Just let us all know if you’re a hypocrite.

Bobby G.

B.GEE,

You seem angry! It may not be wise to come to the Homecoming Festivities, but then I might introduce you to Mr. Bowen if you do come. You will find him quite personable...and there will be no anonymity.

Ex
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

ExRep wrote:B.GEE,

You seem angry! It may not be wise to come to the Homecoming Festivities, but then I might introduce you to Mr. Bowen if you do come. You will find him quite personable...and there will be no anonymity.

Ex
I’d shake his hand but I’m not sure I could stoop that low.

har har...I love short jokes, don’t you?

Hypocrite or not?

Bobby G.
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

ExRep wrote:I stand by my assertion that "The anonymity of a message board can and does reveal the character of a poster"... and yada yada yada

ExRep
Nice try. That’s your contention, not an assertion.

Bobby G.
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

Hey booby G and firedRep,

Great conversation, for another thread. Go start a new thread so we can discuss the Servite/Edsion game and Servite's 9 days of homecoming.
charger_durrtyy

Post by charger_durrtyy »

that weekend is servite homecoming? haha and they scheduled edison? thats a tough homecoming game..
charger_durrtyy

Post by charger_durrtyy »

hated wrote:[quote="edac25
"but nonetheless, everyone thought the Lancers would crush the Friars that night. I knew better of course. I knew OLU had not been punched in the mouth and that they had yet to be truly tested. As I predicted, Corp and Co. lost their first and only game of that season."

YES CORP AND CO. LOST THEIR ONLY GAME THAT NIGHT..

..AND SERVITE WOULD HAVE EVENTUALLY MET OLU IN THE FINAL THAT 2006 SEASON AND WHIPPED THEM AGAIN . EXCEPT FOR THE ONE LITTLE FOOTNOTE

YOU FAILED TO MENTION. SOMEONE ELSE GOT PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH. ONCE BY MD , AND TWICE BY.. WELL...YOU KNOW THE STORY.
hmm lets think...by edison?
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

It's no way an insult to Edison. Look at the schedule, there are no "Marinas".
KO*

Post by KO* »

blng_blng wrote:

a little historical perspective never hurts..
san clemente backed out on edison after losing 7 straight games...
edison typically takes a back seat to no-one in regards to sos...
after san clemente backed out edison had to scrabble for teams in the 12th hour...
any question about edison not being "up" for games were answered friday night..
they could have looked past dana hills, but they came out swinging...
can i get a "whoop-whoop" for hunter white and the boise st. broncos for beating #13 oregon this weekend?
tank well said...and here is a whoop-whoop for hunter white and the boise st. broncos!!!
ventura

Post by ventura »

Servite 27
Edison 10

Ventura
FANDAN

Post by FANDAN »

Since this is something of a Servite thread, don't forget Garrett Pendergast in that whoop.
And O-Lu's Austin Pettis made a critical 4th quarter catch of an on-side kick with the "hands" team.
Jeremy Childs looked NFL-bound in that game. Hunter got his first unassisted tackle. Awesome all-around effort and accomplishment by the Broncos.

Looking forward to Friday's game at Cerritos. Don't know enough about Servite's passing game to venture a prediction, but Edison is multi-dimensional. Should be fun, regardless of the outcome.
RPW

Post by RPW »

FANDAN wrote:Since this is something of a Servite thread, don't forget Garrett Pendergast in that whoop.
And O-Lu's Austin Pettis made a critical 4th quarter catch of an on-side kick with the "hands" team.
Jeremy Childs looked NFL-bound in that game. Hunter got his first unassisted tackle. Awesome all-around effort and accomplishment by the Broncos.

Looking forward to Friday's game at Cerritos. Don't know enough about Servite's passing game to venture a prediction, but Edison is multi-dimensional. Should be fun, regardless of the outcome.

Is it true that birds think that smurf turf is water and go diving?