Edison-Servite Supporting Luke Gane

1Charger1

Edison-Servite Supporting Luke Gane

Post by 1Charger1 »

From http://lukegane.blogspot.com/

Awesome Opportunity!

Servite will be selling programs this Friday for $10 each at the game (they have ordered 1000) with hopes of selling out so that they can split the profit with The Ganes! Talk about heart!! PLEASE make sure you buy a program at the game - EHS will also be helping Servite sell them! And any donation over and above the $10 will go directly to the Gane family! Game will be at Cerritos College 09/26 @ 7.30pm. The game will also be televised LIVE on FSN as High School Game of the Week featuring an in-depth interview with Luke and his family….and Coach White too! Don't forget to set your TIVO or DVR Friday night at 10:30 pm, when the game will air, right after the Dodger game. If you have Time Warner Cable, the channel is 33. See you at the game!

Just another classy move by the Servite family. Thank you and if you go to the game please buy a program!
perspixx

Re: Edison-Servite Supporting Luke Gane

Post by perspixx »

$10 for a program? I think the Angels charge less than that. Why not charge the regular price and then donate money out of that. Seems like they're trying to be generous without yielding a piece of their own pie.
edac25

Post by edac25 »

perspixx wrote:$10 for a program? I think the Angels charge less than that. Why not charge the regular price and then donate money out of that. Seems like they're trying to be generous without yielding a piece of their own pie.
Because the regular price is half of that ($5) you stupid fcuk. If they donated half of "their own pie" at the regular price, that would only be $2.50 per program. That's why they are charging $10 per program so that each sale generates at least $5 per program. Only a dumb fcuk like you would find fault in this great cause. **** u idiot!
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

perspixx wrote:$10 for a program? I think the Angels charge less than that. Why not charge the regular price and then donate money out of that. Seems like they're trying to be generous without yielding a piece of their own pie.
Perspixx,

How much money do you think a football team makes off of the sale of a program at $5.00 each.
They are rarely all sold, which reduces the "profit". In spite of sponsor and advertiser support there isn't much margin in the sale of the printed program, if any. If you are coming to the game, open that little leather "old lady" change purse and help the Gane family. I'm going to buy three of the programs.

ExRep
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

edac25 wrote:Because the regular price is half of that ($5) you stupid fcuk. If they donated half of "their own pie" at the regular price, that would only be $2.50 per program. That's why they are charging $10 per program so that each sale generates at least $5 per program. Only a dumb fcuk like you would find fault in this great cause. **** u idiot!
I don't know edac25, sounds like the Servite PR machine at work to me.

Bobby G.
edac25

Post by edac25 »

Bobby G. wrote:
I don't know edac25, sounds like the Servite PR machine at work to me.

Bobby G.
I think you're on to something Bobby. Servite and Edison should call MD and consult with the experts. They could give us the direct contact to FSN and we can get all those cameras out to Cerritos College. Good call Bobby. Howz Chicago these days?
perspixx

Post by perspixx »

I'll put aside your frivolous personal insults and get back to the point. At $10 a program, fewer people are going to buy them, good cause or not. It's a poor sales decision.
4B's

Post by 4B's »

perspixx wrote:I'll put aside your frivolous personal insults and get back to the point. At $10 a program, fewer people are going to buy them, good cause or not. It's a poor sales decision.
I disagree. As stated before, profit from programs are razor thin. It would actually cost both Edison & Servite out-of-pocket if they gave from the face value of the programs. Although, at $10, I can certainly understand how it will raise some eyebrows amongst some. How about donating a % of the profits from concession sales? There's more profit in that than programs. Or how about raising ticket prices from $6 to $10, with the extra $4 going to the family? That's bound to raise far more money.
perspixx

Post by perspixx »

4B's wrote:I disagree. As stated before, profit from programs are razor thin. It would actually cost both Edison & Servite out-of-pocket if they gave from the face value of the programs. Although, at $10, I can certainly understand how it will raise some eyebrows amongst some. How about donating a % of the profits from concession sales? There's more profit in that than programs. Or how about raising ticket prices from $6 to $10, with the extra $4 going to the family? That's bound to raise far more money.
If you take it piece-by-piece, people are more willing to play. Raise ticket prices $1, program prices $1, concession prices $1, and it'll add up to more than the bulk $5 increase in the program.

Still, if they raise the prices, they're really not going out of their way to do something wonderful, because they're not sacrificing anything. They're just asking other people to give more so they can get the credit.
oldschool

Post by oldschool »

IT'S ABOUT THE DONATION NOT THE PROGRAM!SO (****) IF YOUR CHEP ASS CAN'T AFFORD $ 10 I WILL PUT IN $20 AND GIVE YOU A PROGRAM!
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

4B's wrote:
I disagree. As stated before, profit from programs are razor thin. It would actually cost both Edison & Servite out-of-pocket if they gave from the face value of the programs. Although, at $10, I can certainly understand how it will raise some eyebrows amongst some. How about donating a % of the profits from concession sales? There's more profit in that than programs. Or how about raising ticket prices from $6 to $10, with the extra $4 going to the family? That's bound to raise far more money.
Raising ticket prices would take away the option to donate. Why force those who have already contributed or who can't afford to contribute, to pay extra money to watch the game? Why not make something that isn't profitable into something that is and donate money that way?
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

Just currious, how many of you currently have a kid at either Edison, Servite or Mater Dei? All of you are so out of touch with how the kids at these schools really feel towards each other. Perp, 100% out of line, just like those who questioned the motives of Mater Dei last year. ExRep, three programs, boy aren't you the big spender.
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

Prayer, giving or help out any other way you can. So many people in our country need not only our financial support, but our love also. My favorite mascot is Jesus Christ and that is who I am rooting for him and his father's will.
Sports Junkie

Post by Sports Junkie »

edac25 wrote:Because the regular price is half of that ($5) you stupid fcuk. If they donated half of "their own pie" at the regular price, that would only be $2.50 per program. That's why they are charging $10 per program so that each sale generates at least $5 per program. Only a dumb fcuk like you would find fault in this great cause. **** u idiot!
Edac, you are such a hypocritcal a-hole it amazes me. I have no problem with this cause or what it is supporting. In fact, I think it is a great idea and will pay the $10 for the program to help. However, the fact that you think this is a great cause but what Mater Dei has done/is doing to help the Marines and their familes is for the benefit of Mater Dei and their own PR is astounding. You can't have it both ways. Both are great causes, and if you stepped back out of that Servite myopic hatred for Mater Dei, you would see that as well.

Now, go on and tell me to **** since that is what you are good at saying when you . But at the end of the day, rational people will acknowledge both of these efforts as comendable and see you as the blow hard Servite honk that you prove repeatedly to be.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Edac I know not. To me this sounds like an empty public relations stunt. Sell many $10 programs they will not and could have done better with perspixx suggestion, they would have . To bad that your blind hatred for Mater Dei and homer love for Servite blinds you to this reality, it is. Hmmmmmmmm Oh Yes, ****.
Understand you fear what you not.
RPW

Post by RPW »

Prep-

I just want to say thanks for screwing up a perfect thread from an Edison fan to just ask for support at their away game with Servite. Servite didn't start this "PR Stunt" as you some want to flip..it was another way to help support the young man. I don't think Edison asked Servite to do this but after the hair-cut donation that Coach Thomas and other players did it was just something else they figured it would help. True they could have raised the price of tickets and forced a donation on people...this way has an option for people to donate or not.

This is not for Servite but for Edison and I dare one of you punk ass people to say this is their PR Stunt. Mater Dei had donation boxes outside the stadium and people had the "choice" of making a donation or not...you still have a "choice" of making a donation or not. I think on the Edison website they have a link.

If you think it was a PR stunt on Servites part so be it...actually it is great marketing. Servite fans show up early and in large numbers for home games and this game will be HUGE. It is also the Homecoming Game on Fox Sports as well. If they are going to donate $5 bucks off 1,000 programs that is $5,000 that will be going to the fund alone. The Servite family of fans will make sure they do their part in making sure all the programs are purchased quick.

And again thanks for screwing up this thread.
Don't Worry

Post by Don't Worry »

Yoda wrote:Edac I know not. To me this sounds like an empty public relations stunt. Sell many $10 programs they will not and could have done better with perspixx suggestion, they would have . To bad that your blind hatred for Mater Dei and homer love for Servite blinds you to this reality, it is. Hmmmmmmmm Oh Yes, ****.
I'm guessing the Gane family doesn't think of this as an empty public relations stunt. Stop using this as an excuse to take cheap shots. It's petty and sick.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” - Mark Twain
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

RPW wrote:Prep-

I just want to say thanks for screwing up a perfect thread from an Edison fan to just ask for support at their away game with Servite. Servite didn't start this "PR Stunt" as you some want to flip..it was another way to help support the young man. I don't think Edison asked Servite to do this but after the hair-cut donation that Coach Thomas and other players did it was just something else they figured it would help. True they could have raised the price of tickets and forced a donation on people...this way has an option for people to donate or not.

This is not for Servite but for Edison and I dare one of you punk ass people to say this is their PR Stunt. Mater Dei had donation boxes outside the stadium and people had the "choice" of making a donation or not...you still have a "choice" of making a donation or not. I think on the Edison website they have a link.

If you think it was a PR stunt on Servites part so be it...actually it is great marketing. Servite fans show up early and in large numbers for home games and this game will be HUGE. It is also the Homecoming Game on Fox Sports as well. If they are going to donate $5 bucks off 1,000 programs that is $5,000 that will be going to the fund alone. The Servite family of fans will make sure they do their part in making sure all the programs are purchased quick.

And again thanks for screwing up this thread.
Remember this thread the next time Edick the Magnanimous runs his stupid mouth about M4M, people should. Yes, hmmm.
4B's

Post by 4B's »

joefutbol wrote:Raising ticket prices would take away the option to donate. Why force those who have already contributed or who can't afford to contribute, to pay extra money to watch the game? Why not make something that isn't profitable into something that is and donate money that way?
How is raising the price of the programs from $5 to $10 asking for a donation? From what I've read the price increase isn't a suggestion.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

4B's wrote:
How is raising the price of the programs from $5 to $10 asking for a donation? From what I've read the price increase isn't a suggestion.
Exactly! Perspixx point, this was! Split the 50/50 with the family and for the programs charge normal price. Herh herh herh.