Edison-Servite Supporting Luke Gane

RPW

Re: Edison-Servite Supporting Luke Gane

Post by RPW »

Yoda wrote: Why need to hold Edick's nuts to the fire, hmm? Why not just **** and help Mater Dei help the Marine veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan, hmm?
I did, he did and almost all of the Servite Nation did that night. See above post for more info.
xxaapp

Post by xxaapp »

1charger1 wrote:Awesome Opportunity!
Servite will be selling programs this Friday for $10 each at the game (they have ordered 1000) with hopes of selling out so that they can split the profit with The Ganes!
If your way of think holds true then Servite is making a great offer to the fund. Let me break it down so it can be broke:
If the program is sold normally at $5 bucks and you KNOW Servite is making a grip on profit that is great. Let's just say they make $2.50 per book. With a normal sale of 500 books that is $1250.
Okay, we have a base to work from.
1charger1 wrote:Now by selling 1000 books at $7.50 profit gives the Gane Family $6250 after Servite takes their $1250 expected profit on the normal run of 500 books.
This is what I sugested, not what is proposed. Servite makes what they normally would and it is a GREAT fundraiser for the Gane family. That is what this is about right?
1charger1 wrote:Even if it was split 50/50 that $3750 divided out.
This is what is proposed, and Servite would make $3750-$1250=$2500 more on sales due to people buying more and paying more for the program. And this is what people are bitching about. Although that is still $3750 that would go to help the family.
1charger1 wrote:Or they can leave it as is and give them all the profit on $2.50 per book on 500 ($1250) books or split that $2.50 profit. ($625)
I NEVER said this...
1charger1 wrote:Which one sounds better?
Here is a recap for those that do not read so well:
My proposal: Ganes Family $6250, Servite makes what is usually does.
The STATED Proposal: Ganes Family $3750, Servite $3750 ($2500 more than usual)

Which sounds better? My Proposal!

That **** that is on your foot is not from my ass, because your foot is in your mouth and is covered with **** because that is what you are full of. Learn to read!!!
There is no "I" in "team", every game is a "team effort". There is an "I" in "win" though, because every "Individual" on the team must step up if they want to be "Champions".
RPW

Post by RPW »

xxaapp wrote: Okay, we have a base to work from.

This is what I sugested, not what is proposed. Servite makes what they normally would and it is a GREAT fundraiser for the Gane family. That is what this is about right?

This is what is proposed, and Servite would make $3750-$1250=$2500 more on sales due to people buying more and paying more for the program. And this is what people are bitching about. Although that is still $3750 that would go to help the family.

I NEVER said this...

Here is a recap for those that do not read so well:
My proposal: Ganes Family $6250, Servite makes what is usually does.
The STATED Proposal: Ganes Family $3750, Servite $3750 ($2500 more than usual)

Which sounds better? My Proposal!

That **** that is on your foot is not from my ass, because your foot is in your mouth and is covered with **** because that is what you are full of. Learn to read!!!

My statement still stands...you don't know Servite. When it comes to helping, Servite never stops at what they are proposed to do...they go above and beyond. Knowing Servite, they will cover their cost which is normal..and exted the rest for the cause. ($7500)

Also, how did you like your hair cut?
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

THETRUTH wrote:Just currious, how many of you currently have a kid at either Edison, Servite or Mater Dei? All of you are so out of touch with how the kids at these schools really feel towards each other. Perp, 100% out of line, just like those who questioned the motives of Mater Dei last year. ExRep, three programs, boy aren't you the big spender.
TheTruth...

Well how many programs are you going to buy?...I buy one for my wife, her friend, myself and...oops!!, my son (Servite'66). I'll have to buy four, now that I think it through.

Thanks again Truth

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
edac25

Post by edac25 »

Yoda wrote: Why need to hold Edick's nuts to the fire, hmm? Why not just **** and help Mater Dei help the Marine veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan, hmm?
So MD Homer, why act like a stupid Star Wars character? Why don't you just use your original alias? Pathetic.

And no, this isn't the same as MD's obvious PR Stunt (great cause but why all the cameras?).
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

Wow...

I really can't believe the smallness of so many of you posters about this issue. Those of you who think there is some hidden or venal motive to this effort to help the Ganz family, don't buy the program; plain and simple! But then, how many of you are going to the game anyway? Find the donation box and drop in some untainted money.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

ExRep wrote:
TheTruth...

Well how many programs are you going to buy?...I buy one for my wife, her friend, myself and...oops!!, my son (Servite'66). I'll have to buy four, now that I think it through.

Thanks again Truth

Ex

I only need one, but the other cash will be for a good cause, so take your four programs and throw in an extra $60.00.
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

THETRUTH wrote:

I only need one, but the other cash will be for a good cause, so take your four programs and throw in an extra $60.00.
Will do.....Match me.

Ex
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Freakin A-holes, this isn't a competition between schools about who can be more righteous, its about doing the right thing. The way some of your want blood I think that if a story came out about someone from (insert any major school here) giving away his kidney for someone who needed one, you would complain that he didn't give away two. Now if you will notice, an Edison poster started this thread and wants to the whole deal to be well known so that it will make more money.
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

ExRep wrote:
Will do.....Match me.

Ex
no, actually I only need one, so $90.00 goes into the pot.
1Charger1

Post by 1Charger1 »

Posted on Luke Gane's blog this morning http://lukegane.blogspot.com/

Thank you to Servite

On behalf of my family, I would like to thank all of you for the overwhelming grace and generosity you have given us. I know you are supposed to be our rivals, but after experiencing your incredible support, I now know rivalry is only on the field. My family and I were blown away by your random acts of kindness and are still stunned by it. We appreciate each and every one of you. You expressed the true definition of pure class and what it means to be Christ-like. Thank you! I'll see you next year on the field.

Proud to be a Charger,

Luke Gane #55

I thought this was pretty cool that he did this despite what he is going through. The family really does appreciate everything that everyone is doing!
Monarch March

Post by Monarch March »

This post is making me question getting involved on this board. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I was blessed to see the story on Luke and his family and will be praying for them and hope that every attempt to help raise money to support this family is beyond successful. I say bring on the cameras to highlight any act of service that seeks to love and care for our "neighbor". Our news media certainly can't wait to highlight the evils of our society and any doom and gloom they can find.

Well done Servite!
ExRep

Post by ExRep »

I understand that around 800+ of the programs were sold. Those proceeds and the "Keep the Change" money should be very helpful.

I was really touched by the gathering of the two teams in the middle of the field for a group prayer.

Ex
ventura

Post by ventura »

I mean Charger/FRIAR

What a great game to watch. Those were two very talented, very well coached teams. Had the long bomb for the Chargers late in the contest been completed, it could have been a different game. Edison is way better than I thought, and they bring the wood right with the Friars.

Wish the Charger/Eagle telecast was the ONLY game I watched, dangit.

Congrats to two great programs, and a very nice job done on the delayed telecast. The special on Gane was poignant and showed both programs, who knock the hell out of each other on the field, in such a positive light. Good to see. Just the way the game ought to be played.

Ventura
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

A prayer for Luke...

~Amen~
Iago

Post by Iago »

I was at the game and bought a program. Congratulations Servite! Chargers, you have some great players too. Best of luck to both teams. It was very thoughtful of Servite to raise money to help the family. After one week I thought Servite would have posted how much it sent to the Gane family. Servite was boasting about its good intentions. What was the generosity of the stands to the family? I saw a lot of programs being sold. Did I miss something during the week?
Don't Worry

Post by Don't Worry »

Iago wrote:I was at the game and bought a program. Congratulations Servite! Chargers, you have some great players too. Best of luck to both teams. It was very thoughtful of Servite to raise money to help the family. After one week I thought Servite would have posted how much it sent to the Gane family. Servite was boasting about its good intentions. What was the generosity of the stands to the family? I saw a lot of programs being sold. Did I miss something during the week?
An Edison fan started this thread as a thank you and Servite was immediately criticized for not doing more. Where was the boasting?
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” - Mark Twain
Iago

Post by Iago »

Don't Worry wrote:
An Edison fan started this thread as a thank you and Servite was immediately criticized for not doing more. Where was the boasting?
In answer to your question; Read the posts from for example RPW, whom I presume to be a Servite backer, perhaps Edac as well.
Could please offer some answer to mine question: Why question boasting but not the silence of how much was sent to the family last week? I contributed $5.00 for the cause and I am interested in knowing how much was sent to the family.
RPW

Post by RPW »

Iago wrote:
In answer to your question; Read the posts from for example RPW, whom I presume to be a Servite backer, perhaps Edac as well.
Could please offer some answer to mine question: Why question boasting but not the silence of how much was sent to the family last week? I contributed $5.00 for the cause and I am interested in knowing how much was sent to the family.

Do you really want to hear from me?
Iago

Post by Iago »

RPW wrote:

Do you really want to hear from me?
If you can answer the question: How much money was raised at $5.00 a program and given to the family, yes. If you cannot answer the question, no. Either I have missed the coverage of what was given to the family or the contribution to the family from the sales of the program has not been made. I gave $5.00 and many other people did likewise. What is the big deal?