71 St. Bonaventure
72 Oaks Christian
81 Mater Dei
99 Servite

What do you all think?
RPW

Re: National Rankings

Post by RPW »

KO* wrote:I was reading a national ranking yesterday afternoon and noted the following:

7 Long Beach Poly
14 Centennial
15 De La Salle
27 Crespi
33 Mission Viejo
34 Los Al
59 Edison (H.B.)
67 Upland
71 St. Bonaventure
72 Oaks Christian
81 Mater Dei
99 Servite

What do you all think?
They should have made Servite a cool 100
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

KO* wrote:I was reading a national ranking yesterday afternoon and noted the following:

7 Long Beach Poly
14 Centennial
15 De La Salle
27 Crespi
33 Mission Viejo
34 Los Al
59 Edison (H.B.)
67 Upland
71 St. Bonaventure
72 Oaks Christian
81 Mater Dei
99 Servite

What do you all think?
I have no idea why Los Al or MD are ranked....Los Al has played nothing but cupcakes and MD in all reality should be 1-2...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"
KO*

Post by KO* »

Here is a link for the rankings I was reading:

http://highschool.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=457
KO*

Post by KO* »

RoadRunner wrote:
I have no idea why Los Al or MD are ranked....Los Al has played nothing but cupcakes and MD in all reality should be 1-2...
Yeh...I don't know why Los Al and Mission are above Edison??? Looking forward to the Servite game tomorrow night!!!
xxaapp

Post by xxaapp »

KO* wrote:Yeh...I don't know why Los Al and Mission are above Edison??? Looking forward to the Servite game tomorrow night!!!
Los Al... no clue, Mission soundly beat LCC and though LCC isn't a powerhouse, they are a lot better than anyone that Edison has played. A sound win by Edison over Servite might place Edison Above Mission. CalPreps has Edison favored by 5, MaxPreps has Edison favored by 19 (wow).
There is no "I" in "team", every game is a "team effort". There is an "I" in "win" though, because every "Individual" on the team must step up if they want to be "Champions".
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

KO* wrote:
Yeh...I don't know why Los Al and Mission are above Edison??? Looking forward to the Servite game tomorrow night!!!
Why do you keep bringing up Edison? Los Al and Mission have played as many good teams as Edison which in reality is no one as of yet. Quit bitching about it, all 3 of your teams have played no one so where you're ranked now is irrelevant.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Red

Post by Red »

RoadRunner wrote:
Cool, MD will be the underdogs next week at OCC againt Edison.
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

Red wrote:
Cool, MD will be the underdogs next week at OCC againt Edison.

Well Red....I will root for MD against Edison...But I can`t see MD ranked that high with that defense...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"
Grand Supreme

Post by Grand Supreme »

RoadRunner wrote:Well Red....I will root for MD against Edison...But I can`t see MD ranked that high with that defense...

oh my god...
rumper is not gonna root for edison..
i'm crushed....
talk about the kiss of death....
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
KO*

Post by KO* »

Notorious wrote: Why do you keep bringing up Edison? Los Al and Mission have played as many good teams as Edison which in reality is no one as of yet. Quit bitching about it, all 3 of your teams have played no one so where you're ranked now is irrelevant.
Why are you such an a**? Wasn't bitching Notorious...just wondering...that's all. I believe it's your comments that are irrelevant!
xxaapp

Post by xxaapp »

Notorious wrote:Why do you keep bringing up Edison? Los Al and Mission have played as many good teams as Edison which in reality is no one as of yet. Quit bitching about it, all 3 of your teams have played no one so where you're ranked now is irrelevant.
How did you rank the OC top 10 this week? Wasn't Mission your number 1 team?
There is no "I" in "team", every game is a "team effort". There is an "I" in "win" though, because every "Individual" on the team must step up if they want to be "Champions".
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

xxaapp wrote: How did you rank the OC top 10 this week? Wasn't Mission your number 1 team?
MV's been my number 1/2 team since preseason (flip flopping them with Lutheran almost every week during the summer) that was however before the kids got in trouble and I don't know what happened in that. I'm not saying that any team deserves to be ranked over the other, but bitching about it is stupid since the 3 teams he mentioned haven't played anybody really.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
ventura

Post by ventura »

If you ever get the chance to see stuff first hand that have a bearing on these rankings, you realize they don't mean much.

Kudos to my Celts for their big plays against Servite, but as I've said in other posts, they were manhandled. I'll get a better take about how good Servite is when Crespi goes against Bonnies Friday, but the Celts moved way after a display that actually showed their opponent as the stronger team. I'm not baggin' on my team, just telling it like it was. And who knows, if they improve as they did last year Crespi could be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs. But if they don't get dramatically better on at least the d-line, I don't want to see the likes of Servite again.

Of course the Celts can't go down in the rankings after a victory over a quality opponent. But who knows about high school football? The rankings give people something to argue about, but it could easily be that the real top team in the U.S. is from some town no one heard of, with a population of 500. That's one of the reasons I like this level so much.

Ventura
NBHoops

Post by NBHoops »

7 Long Beach Poly
14 Centennial
15 De La Salle
27 Crespi
33 Mission Viejo
34 Los Al
59 Edison (H.B.)
67 Upland
71 St. Bonaventure
72 Oaks Christian
81 Mater Dei
99 Servite

What do you all think?
Long Beach Poly is ranked #2 in the nation on some other rankings boards.....

#1 in California (Massey Ratings)
#1 In the NATION (MaxPreps)
#7 ESPN
#7 Rivals
#12 PrepNation
#4 USA Today
Go Tars!
Go Trojans!
Go Chargers!
Go Angels!
Go Lakers!
hutdrill

Post by hutdrill »

rankings only matter at the end of the season...ask the coaches.