Trinity weekly predictions pool

watchersince68

Re: Trinity weekly predictions pool

Post by watchersince68 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:21 am

PTG
Let me see Bosco scores 21 against MD and you figure JS is going to score 38. Must be the sudden Santa Ana's
impairing your thinking.

number9

Post by number9 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:05 pm

MD 58
Bosco 69
SM 66

Luca

Post by Luca » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Servite 46
Bosco 60
Mater dei 66

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Sorry, Luca, you're just a few minutes too late to get those picks in.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Come on give Luca a break. He was happily filling out Obamacare forms all afternoon

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:00 pm

well looks like all 6 trinity teams will make it... first round match ups will be interesting to see who gets what

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Servite looking at Corona Centennial and a beat down that will make their Bosco loss look competitive. Santa Margarita ran the same exact stretch run play on the edge and Servite could not stop that play to save its life and they never adjusted the entire night. I can only imagine what CC does to them. Embarrassing showing for the Servite staff tonight.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:24 pm

i think jserra likely gets cen10. since jserra will be the 6th place team i would guess they'll get the 2 seed cen10. servite gets mission viejo is my guess

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm

League standings don't determine CIF rankings. The CIF won't be beholden to JSerra technically being in last place, especially when they have 5 wins and Servite only has 4.

inflagrantedelicto

Post by inflagrantedelicto » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:55 pm

FriarJoe wrote:Servite looking at Corona Centennial and a beat down that will make their Bosco loss look competitive. Santa Margarita ran the same exact stretch run play on the edge and Servite could not stop that play to save its life and they never adjusted the entire night. I can only imagine what CC does to them. Embarrassing showing for the Servite staff tonight.
Joe, you hit the nail on the head. This staff seemingly knows not how to put their boys in a position to win. They run the same dang plays time after time. No adjustments. No creativity. That goes for both sides of the ball. Granted, the talent level does not give the Friars much of a chance in the Trinity, but when you're down by three touchdowns with eleven minutes to go, have a 3rd and 4 on your own 35 and call a SWEEP(!), I don't care who you have on the field, they are not being placed in a position to win. And that happens every week! You're QB can't hit water falling out of boat, and you're down by 21? Well, this staff doesn't make one adjustment. No change in play calling. No QB replacement. Add in the lack of discipline in and off the field, including a silly taunting penalty during a TD while behind by four TDs. Toss in an offensive coordinator with rabbit ears who'd rather turn and argue with parents in the stands than concentrate on getting his QB and offense to perform above the level of an 8th grade flag squad and it all adds up to an embarrassment for a once proud Friars football program. There is no way in heck this team should be worrying about a playoff berth. Pete and the powers that be really need to take a long look at the program and wonder how it could be so far removed from the glory days of TT. Even at its lowest point during the Toner era, Friars faithful could count on discipline and character from the men on the sidelines. I've seen enough to the contrary this season to tell me that that is no longer the case.

frankieboy1

Post by frankieboy1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:03 pm

If JSerra plays MV-upset special....

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Yes, the school ran off Troy Thomas after he had a dynasty going and ever since then there has been nothing but losing seasons. Can you imagine Bosco running off its successful young coach after the run he has had? I still scratch my head with that decision knowing how hard it is to capture lightning in a bottle like that.

This staff is completely grade school. If I see another punt on fourth and short at mid field I am going off myself, especially when we usually net 20 yards on these stupid punts? Why are we giving up badly needed possessions to just gain 20 yards? Good teams don't do that. I rarely have said this but it is time to clean house at Servite with the football staff. This isn't a winning staff and never will be.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:42 pm

inflagrantedelicto wrote:Joe, you hit the nail on the head. This staff seemingly knows not how to put their boys in a position to win. They run the same dang plays time after time. No adjustments. No creativity. That goes for both sides of the ball. Granted, the talent level does not give the Friars much of a chance in the Trinity, but when you're down by three touchdowns with eleven minutes to go, have a 3rd and 4 on your own 35 and call a SWEEP(!), I don't care who you have on the field, they are not being placed in a position to win. And that happens every week! You're QB can't hit water falling out of boat, and you're down by 21? Well, this staff doesn't make one adjustment. No change in play calling. No QB replacement. Add in the lack of discipline in and off the field, including a silly taunting penalty during a TD while behind by four TDs. Toss in an offensive coordinator with rabbit ears who'd rather turn and argue with parents in the stands than concentrate on getting his QB and offense to perform above the level of an 8th grade flag squad and it all adds up to an embarrassment for a once proud Friars football program. There is no way in heck this team should be worrying about a playoff berth. Pete and the powers that be really need to take a long look at the program and wonder how it could be so far removed from the glory days of TT. Even at its lowest point during the Toner era, Friars faithful could count on discipline and character from the men on the sidelines. I've seen enough to the contrary this season to tell me that that is no longer the case.
Agree with all the above and... Your defense is just terrible and slow. Your receivers outside of Ford are slow and way to many drops. They could not get open in man coverage in cover 1. One side of your line is a soft also. It will be interesting to see who your draw is. I got suckered in a few times this season and was really hoping to see a great game tonight. It was the only Trinity game I thought worth watching. The second half play calling was just bad. You score throwing the ball and come out with 3 runs. The game was lost right then.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:32 am

watchersince68 wrote:PTG
Let me see Bosco scores 21 against MD and you figure JS is going to score 38. Must be the sudden Santa Ana's
impairing your thinking.
Watcher you need to watch a little better...Santa Ana's?

Kauaicoffee

Post by Kauaicoffee » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:22 am

[ Well, this staff doesn't make one adjustment. No change in play calling. No QB replacement. Add in the lack of discipline in and off the field, including a silly taunting penalty during a TD while behind by four TDs. Toss in an offensive coordinator with rabbit ears who'd rather turn and argue with parents in the stands than concentrate on getting his QB and offense to perform above the level of an 8th grade flag squad and it all adds up to an embarrassment for a once proud Friars football program.]

I'm no great football analyst, but I agree that the coaching staff needs to make adjustments, and that the team needs better discipline. However, I saw that nasty exchange between a "fan" and the OC on the sidelines. Saddleback's football stadium is set up like a high school stadium, and the fans are much closer to the players than at Cerritos, and I like this arrangement better. However, it also requires more self-discipline from the disappointed parents. This particular idiot had already shouted to his kid "100 bucks if you knock the snot out of someone!" Emboldened by the realization that his kid heard him, he decided to shout his opinion to the team for the rest of the game, culminating in taunting the 17-year-old QB for taking off his "f**king helmet" and the OC for permitting it. The coach turned his head and told this jerk to shut up, to leave the kid alone. Stadium-idiot continued until the coach shouted something like, "OK, come on then!", basically challenging stadium-idiot to a fight. The whole exchange was cringe-worthy. Later I discovered that other players on the sidelines heard this crap all night long. How do adults expect their sons to be respectful when they model this type of behavior for them? These rude people should be ashamed. They are the true embarrassments. This is not the way to handle your disappointment.

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:53 am

I always love how pi-bolar Servite fans get. Have a close game against DLS "We're back! Look out everyone!" Have a rough Trinity League campaign "We'll never win, coaching staff sucks, everyone sucks" lol.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:11 am

It's been brewing for a while. Last night's performance was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:40 am

JS 38... MD 35..... 73 pts

Watcher you need to watch a little better...Santa Ana's?

Playthegame
Santa Ana winds was the reference, did I spell it wrong? Now what was I supposed to watch? JS scoring 7? or did they get an additional 31pt handicap? As Ricky would say "splain me".

Jackofspades

Post by Jackofspades » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 am

Is there no sideline security at Saddleback College for the sake of players, coaches and said fans alike? From the sound of this, it seems like the only balls "dropped" weren't just on the field....

inflagrantedelicto

Post by inflagrantedelicto » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:44 am

Kauaicoffee wrote:[ Well, this staff doesn't make one adjustment. No change in play calling. No QB replacement. Add in the lack of discipline in and off the field, including a silly taunting penalty during a TD while behind by four TDs. Toss in an offensive coordinator with rabbit ears who'd rather turn and argue with parents in the stands than concentrate on getting his QB and offense to perform above the level of an 8th grade flag squad and it all adds up to an embarrassment for a once proud Friars football program.]

I'm no great football analyst, but I agree that the coaching staff needs to make adjustments, and that the team needs better discipline. However, I saw that nasty exchange between a "fan" and the OC on the sidelines. Saddleback's football stadium is set up like a high school stadium, and the fans are much closer to the players than at Cerritos, and I like this arrangement better. However, it also requires more self-discipline from the disappointed parents. This particular idiot had already shouted to his kid "100 bucks if you knock the snot out of someone!" Emboldened by the realization that his kid heard him, he decided to shout his opinion to the team for the rest of the game, culminating in taunting the 17-year-old QB for taking off his "f**king helmet" and the OC for permitting it. The coach turned his head and told this jerk to shut up, to leave the kid alone. Stadium-idiot continued until the coach shouted something like, "OK, come on then!", basically challenging stadium-idiot to a fight. The whole exchange was cringe-worthy. Later I discovered that other players on the sidelines heard this crap all night long. How do adults expect their sons to be respectful when they model this type of behavior for them? These rude people should be ashamed. They are the true embarrassments. This is not the way to handle your disappointment.
The embarrassment is shared by the coach who chose to turn around and argue rather than keep his QB focused. The body language of the supposed "leader" of the team indicated that he had given up. Unless the coach was apologizing for his lack of a game plan, he should have been at the sideline with them, helmets on, as part of the team.
I'm not familiar with the background of many on the team, but perhaps many are merely there as a stopover on the way to a college football scholarship, not knowing much about the traditions of Servite football (that would have been gained by virtue of attending a local parochial elementary/middle school). I don't gather that they feel any pride about being part of the Friars "family". That goes for many groups that are constantly bad-mouthing from the stands whenever their kid is not the focus of the game plan. I know for a fact that there were three prospective Servite families in attendance last night. The combination of undisciplined behavior on and off the field was not a very good selling point, and is something that should be addressed by the school.
Percussus Resurgo