Trinity weekly predictions pool

ARF

Re: Trinity weekly predictions pool

Post by ARF » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:45 pm

JSerra 28, Alemany 27 - Final :rockon: Way to go Lions! (in OT no less)

ARF

Post by ARF » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Eagles 37, Loyola 7 Go EAGLES!

templar83

Post by templar83 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Postby Luca » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm getting my ass kicked already
SM is too good for Loyola
14-0 @ 9:30 of the second
Shoulda gone with my instincts...........Luca

Not to worry, the cream always rises to the top...

ARF

Post by ARF » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Cream is not all that floats ....... :giggle:

JerryWest_44

Post by JerryWest_44 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Gorman body bag game is coming up

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:17 pm

De La Salle is going to make it 5-0 against Servite, it appears. I actually thought the Friars could upset DLS, but unless the Friar offense turns it around like the Amat defense did, it's gonna be a long night next Friday.

I now am very worried about this season for the Friars. At least the defense performed well, but that's not going to be enough.

I also took a bath on Santa Margarita and J Serra (though I did say that one would be close). 3-3 for me this week.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Servite needs a complete offensive overhaul. That was as anemic of a Servite offense that I have seen in 25 years. Amat is not a very good team. Their offense is awful also. These two teams have a long way to go if they want to have any chance to win a single league game. The Servite defense is very solid. One of Amat's scores came on a punt return and the other score was on a short field that the Servite offense gave them. No matter because this version of the Servite offense will not score at all against any Trinity league teams.

sgthartman

Post by sgthartman » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:19 pm

Spot on FJ. The defense performed admirably. QB stared at his receivers, and was indecisive. The offense was predictable. I don't think Servite had one run that wasn't between the tackles. Thrown in two or three draw plays and a couple of screens and you have the Friars on offense. Coach didn't have one play with a moving pocket to give Lytle more time, which was sorely needed. After all that, this was still Servite's game to win. A short Amat punt return and two missed field goals were just too much to overcome on this night.
Seven-six-two millimeter. Full. Metal. Jacket.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:42 pm

I watched the Amat game last week and their game this week. Let's give Amat some credit. Last week I watched bad snaps, fumbles etc. They at least fixed their errors.

Both offensive lines struggled big time. Both qbs had limited time to get the ball out and RBs got smashed on the handoff. I don't think I've seen two qbs get hit as much in a game and stay in. Both OCs were very predictable. DBs 12 plus yards off and calling deep routes for Servite and Amat calling short balls in press LOL. Amat could run the ball at least. Servite not so much. Dropped balls for both also. Neither team has much speed at any position. Number 22 or 25 from Servite ran the ball well. Amats RB was a big and tough.

Both defenses outside of a broken coverages were solid. I understand Servite was missing their best DB. Really boring game outside of a few plays. Servite also missed a few field goals. Amat made plays when they needed. Both teams have a ways to go to compete. They do have some talent

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:48 pm

JerryWest_44 wrote:Servite is a train wreck in the first half. Absolutely no running game and haphazard passing game.

7-3 Amat at the half
Both teams looked terrible. Concepts called are awful against the defense. I can't wait to see the hudl highlights posted by both teams personnel to see what happened in slow motion. Always gives a different take after viewing.

Playingtime

Post by Playingtime » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:52 am

Was ready to send out smoke signals to LUCA, but he got his picks in just prior to kick off... No doubt he was at the SM game, watching warm-ups. Went with his Alma Mater, but SM surprised him and a few others...not necessarily the outcome, but the score!! Otherwise.................SERVITE............ What .... is..... up? I don think Servite is a bad team by any stretch, but so hard to get a read.... They will get smoked next week, and we will still not be sure what kind of team they have... They will be in the hunt for 3rd or 4th in league, along with everyone besides MD and SJB...

Best coach in the league continues to be Hartigan. SM plays Alemany next week so we will get to make another common opponent comparison. ( Bishop Amat).

And I will be convinced MD is really trying to get a tougher non league schedule when they actually have one... Hey, I'm a Tl homer, would love to see them in the mix every year...

3 posters went 5-1 last night, no easy task..

Current standings;

10-2...... Templar 83, JoeFutbol, Friar4life
9-3........MDDAd, Insidetrinity, FriarJoe, BoscoBrave, Arf, Playingtime, The OLDgym, Luca, Kingspeed, Outofstate,
8-4........Playthegame, Number9, Yeahboyee, ProfessorFate, J. Utah, TunaJ, OcFootballfan, American Hero, CredoFriar,
7-5........Watchersince68, bugbear
4-2........REdbulls, Jackofspades
3-3....... Sgtharman

Im sure i messed up someones scores... let me know

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:04 pm

ARF wrote:Cream is not all that floats ....... :giggle:
3-3 and it is not cream in my case either...

Great rebound for SM their out look is brighter...

Servite? hopefully once everyone is on the field they will get the results they are looking for...fortitude time and...Yeahboyee, perhaps you can swing by and review some film with staff. Maybe volunteer?

Olu wins! What happened to TT?...nothing burgers for the Celts.

Bosco looking like top dawgs in the Trinity, MD injury bug, JS/SM in the 3 spot, will the Friars rise or will Oh Lu spread the bread and keep it off the floor?

By the way it is reported that CC lost 5 from Upland ruled ineligible...

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Hahahahahaha I've coached for a long time. I'm sure I could add something. If they don't see what I saw good luck this season. Watching the UCLA game and Rosen making frosh type mistakes staring down and throwing the ball up for grabs. RBs no holes and pressure sacks. I think Rosen is one of the best of all time and a certain NFL player so don't crucify me for the slight criticism. Sometimes I think we all forget these guys are kids.

I love this time of year! Headed to the Gorman Bosco game next week.

Playingtime

Post by Playingtime » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:29 pm

A nice day off today, so a perfect time to get going on what is certainly in my memory, the single best week of non-league football ever. I dare say no league in the nation can boast of non league games like the TL has this week!!

First...National #1 Bishop Gorman @ #3 or #4 nationally ranked Bosco...... @ Vets... Im sure more than one college coach will find their way to the sidelines for this one.... minimum 15 D1 guys playing on the turf @ Vets... Lots of reasons why, but sticking with my early season prediction of both Bosco and MD being undefeated when they meet up in league. Bosco in a close one..

Second....Servite vs #21 De LA Salle @ Cerritos... Easy call here, hopefully this loss will make the Friars tougher as the season rolls on...

Third.....OLu @ #17/22 Corona Centennial.. Another easy call... CC wins big.... OLU "finding themselves" as a football team...loads of talent, underachieving... but will be in the hunt for 3rd come league...

Fourth..... J. Serra @ B Amat... Another very interesting game...How good is JS? We will find out on Friday. Glad to see the lions playing a tougher non league schedule. Amat a tough place to play.. Thats the difference...Amat..

Fifth..... SM @ Bishop Alemany... BA gave JS all they could handle last week as JS came away with the OT win.. QB contraversy done for now in Eagle land... Eagles in a blowout...

Dead last.... MD # 2/4 vs LaMirada... MD in a "thriller"... We gotta discuss this non league schedule thing Monarchs...year in year out, since 2010, weakest schedule other than J Serra... Peace and Love MDDad... Just my opinion... Our Monarchs would have been CIf Champs at least twice since 2010 if they had played a tougher non league.. Much respect to Rollo and the Program... Sadly they might have the best team in the country after the season is over, ( and I think they might), but if Bosco loses to Gorman Friday... no chance of a National Title.... Now... it's not all about winning and losing , but if you have National Title aspirations, and MD should, gotta schedule tougher, year in, year out...

Looking forward to the best week of Trinity non league football EVER...

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Bosco because I'm a Homer
De La Salle easily over servite.
CC over Olu- just too strong
JSerra over Amat- Hartigan factor
Alemany over SM- hard to win out there
MD over LA Mirada easily.

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Gorman
De La Salle
CC
JSerra-Agree with Hartigan factor.
SM
MD

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Playingtime wrote:Why Rollo?... Killing any chance of getting a real shot at a national title...Mayfair....REALLY???
Hmmm...after the Mayfair game MD moved up from #3 in the nation to #2 on Maxpreps and from #6 to #4 on USA Today...care to comment?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:01 pm

BG over Bosco
DLS over Servite
MD over LM
SM over Alemany
CC over OLU
JSerra over Amat

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:02 pm

If Gorman gets by Bosco and STA, they will win every national championship.... all seventeen of them. They will have beaten too many national powers.
Last edited by joefutbol on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbear

Post by Bigbear » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Gorman
DLS
CC
JSerra
SM
MD