Trinity weekly predictions pool

jmumphery

Re: Trinity weekly predictions pool

Post by jmumphery » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:07 pm

I'll take within 10 points - but Servite JV has beat DLS JV the last 2 years (for sure in 2015), If our play calling is good on the offensive side of the ball - I like our chances with DLS this year.

Kauaicoffee

Post by Kauaicoffee » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:31 pm

JMumphery, you are a breath of fresh air on these blogs. I love your enthusiasm. I hope you are right and Servite defeats DLS or at least puts up a good fight. \:D/

jmumphery

Post by jmumphery » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Thank you

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Bosco vs. Gorman. Too bad they both can't lose. Gorman by 14.
MD vs. La Mirada. I do like this La Mirada Team, but they are no match for MD. MD by 28.
CC vs. O LU. O Lu can't keep up. CC by 24.
SM vs. Alemany. Which SM team will show up? SM by 1.
JS vs Bishop Amat. J Serra by 4.

And now my homer pick, and because I only went 3-3 last week, so I need an upset win here. Servite over DLS by 6.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

concrete17

Post by concrete17 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:14 pm

MDDad wrote: De La Salle over Servite by 17 I stand by my belief that, by De La Salle standards, this is a very mediocre Spartan team.
MDDad.......might be one of those to-MAY-to.....to-MAH-to, NorCal.....NoCal semantic debates.

To the casual Spartan fan or observer the Green.2016 Version may indeed appear mediocre. But for many of us who sweat/bleed Silver & Green this year's team is very young (experience wise) after losing so many talented seniors to graduation. The excitement is to see who is going to step up, grab the banner and carry on the tradition. Many of this year's team have not had much Varsity playing time. Watching the coaching staff work with and mold these rookies into the the Green Machine by season's end will define this season.

Most years the regular season games, the journey, play second fiddle to the final destination, the playoffs and the Championship. This season for DLS fans, the journey may prove to be equal to the destination
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken BBCode

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:14 pm

After watching their first two games, this is the worst DLS team since 2004 (in my opinion). With that said, they are still a top 10 team in the state and very well could develop into a state championship team. A bad DLS team (by their standards) is better than the best team 99% of schools will ever have.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:26 pm

MD
DLS
Gorman
CC
Alemany
Amat

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Bosco
MD
Jserra
Corona cent
Alemany
Dls

Luca

Post by Luca » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Kind of rushed with these last-minute picks.

Centennial beats Lutheran. Not a close game.

Gorman beats Bosco. This one will be close but Bosco hasn't looked all that great and Gorman is IMG West

DLS over Servite. Again, not a close game.

Mater Dei over La Mirada. Mater Dei's defense rises up with a goal line stand in the fourth quarter to finally halt La Mirada's devastating run game and pulls off the upset.

JSerra over Amat. Amat had some serious dissension on the team last year and it might have carried over. They barely handled Servite and were destroyed by M.D. But they are a strong program still. I think JSerra is better than they're given credit for and will take this one.

Santa Margarita over Alemany. This is the toughest call of the night and I'm not real confident. Alemany was up most of the night against JSerra until their QB got hurt. JSerra pulled it out. If the QB is still hurt it's an easier win for Santa Margarita. If not I may have to accept a 5-1 record for the evening. Santa Margarita still confuses me. They looked absolutely horrible against Mission Viejo and only decent against a surprisingly weak Loyola team. Wagner completed 18 of 30 passes on the night and 15 of those completions were to Calcaterra. Perhaps I'm paranoid but I have to think that a reasonably sharp defensive coordinator will spot a tendency here. I don't know if they can move the ball otherwise. Both teams have new head coaches, so who knows? ....................Luca

ARF

Post by ARF » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Luca wrote: If not I may have to accept a 5-1 record for the evening.
Accept it - - 5-1. ROFL Lancers did you in ---- not the Eagles. :roll:

Arf

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:28 am

Mater Dei over La Mirada. Mater Dei's defense rises up with a goal line stand in the fourth quarter to finally halt La Mirada's devastating run game and pulls off the upset.

Luca, very funny and it's amazing how accurate that prediction was.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Based on 3 games, common opponents, SM looking like the #3, MD looks good wiping out lesser teams, just wish we had a real indicator, but I don't think it is going to matter that much anyway. One game will determine the T #1.
JS up and down means depth most likely going to be an issue, but I have no clue other than results. Big Boost for Servite with tight game with DLS... SM Vs. Servite for that three spot. Olu and JS for the not last place team.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:20 pm

My understanding, is as Luca mentioned, that Alemany's starting QB was out after being injured in the J Serra game. SM appears to have a very good offense, but defensively, they appear to have a problem.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Playingtime

Post by Playingtime » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:58 am

Quite a Friday as we had all hoped, but not quite all the outcomes we had hoped for. Quick commentary on each game;

Bosco... a great team, certainly top ten in the country, love to watch them play. Gorman legit, maybe not best team HS Football team in the US.

MD... Schedule tougher teams, .we all want to see them in big games most every week. Absoutely no benefit to playing weak non league teams. (I will respond to your responses to my criticism of MD non league schedule...been busy).

OLU - Feel your pain. Love they compete with the "Big guys", hope they win more than they lose, wondering what how long Chuck will last...

JS... Great matchup.w/Amat. Will always compete, don't know if injuries were the difference, wondering who they will "upset" in league this year...

SM... Like what the new coach is doing, competitive group, wondering if Wagner can get them to the playoffs.. need a pass rush..

Servite..... Well, well, well... WHO KNEW!! Friar Nation should be proud. So happy for the team/league on how they represented. Can't figure this team out though...Opinions??

My main take from Friday nights results.... This will be the most competitive league competition in Tl history!

The results from our own little competition;

Congrats to Hit the lights lights and MDDad.... 6-0!!

Overall;

15-3... JOEFutbol, MDDad
14-4.... FriarJoe, Arf, Playingtime, TheOldGym, Luca, Kingspeed, OutofState.
13-5....Templar83. Inside trinity, Yeaboyee
12-6....JUtah, OCFootballFan, TunaJ, ProfessorFAte, Number9, BoscoBrave, Playthegame, CredoFriar, BigBear,
11-7... Watchersince68
10-2...Friar4life,

Luca, were you at the SM or JS game?...Missed your recap

AS always, let me know if I messed up your stats

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:38 am

After watching Friday night, if Bosco had a valid passing attack they matched up better than the score indicated. Re'al missed wide open short balls. Defense can only do so much and be on the field so long before it cracks a bit. Bosco's defense is far superior to any team in So Cal.

Servite after watching the replay still are not good in simple fundamentals. Wrapping up in tackling was just bad especially on the wide right side. The entire game no adjustments were made to contain the run on the right side of your defense. LB, DB and DT need to be coached up to shed and maintain leverage. RCB too many missed tackles. Onside kick, pooch kick and the kicker getting a penalty were all just bad winning teams don't make. Ref also missed the touchback which resulted in a safety on your first O play. Defense matched up size wise, but technique was terrible in spots. Dropped balls with two very catchable balls that Bosco or MD easliy make on the last drive. Route schemes did not draw DLS defense out of coverage on the last two drives and they were not running prevent. Should have went the same way to end the game as you ended the 1st half. Your offense looked so much better. Just need to catch the ball. You guys did not have any turnovers on offense, but you had no takeaways either. I counted that you only have 4 seniors starting on your offense. True?

SM better find another option beyond one receiver to move the ball before Trinity. QB looks one way only.

JSerra will keep getting better. Hartigan is one of the best in HS coaching. Robinson still an underrated player.

OLU will build chemistry and confidence with their new OC. Still a tough road. Young QB, but will be a stud.

Jackofspades

Post by Jackofspades » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Just as the preseason OC Varsity RB top 10 said of SM's Green, if he ever gets more than 6 carries a game, he'll get the yards; 240yrds on 26 carries Friday. That should free up the QB to look for other WR's besides Calc. Maybe target #22 more....

Skmns

Post by Skmns » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:07 pm

I agree. Servite changed up their offensive scheme in the 2nd half to some degree and did not pass as much...Had they, they might have scored at least another FG...would have been the difference in the game.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:52 am

Servite played well, but realistically off of that game I would put DLS somewhere near the bottom of the D-1 playoff draw...not impressed
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 am

I would like a recount I don't think I have 7 wrong, but I could be incorrect.

PS Alemany really did me in.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:13 am

Playingtime wrote: Overall;

15-3... JOEFutbol, MDDad
14-4.... FriarJoe, Arf, Playingtime, TheOldGym, Luca, Kingspeed, OutofState.
13-5....Templar83. Inside trinity, Yeaboyee
12-6....JUtah, OCFootballFan, TunaJ, ProfessorFAte, Number9, BoscoBrave, Playthegame, CredoFriar, BigBear,
11-7... Watchersince68
10-2...Friar4life,

AS always, let me know if I messed up your stats

i believe im 14-4 not 13-5.