Trinity weekly predictions pool

Playingtime

Re: Trinity weekly predictions pool

Post by Playingtime » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:27 pm

Well now, after 104 days, 877 posts, 47,032 views, we are almost done....

I found our last week to be very interesting.... of the 10 who picked this week. six chose Bosco. Obviously we all had our own reasons, but more in a minute about that...

Final results..

Four finished @ 12-3... BoscoBrave, Playingtime, ProfessorFate, Templar83
Three @ 11-4... Playthegame, Watchersince68, MDDad
One @ 10-5... OutOfState
One @ 9-7... OCFBFan
HittheLights... ??
No votes this week from JUtah and InsideTrinity

We got to tiebreakers... we only had to use the first one... total points scored in the game.. which was 70

77 - Bosco Brave
70 - Final Score
66 - Playingtime
63- ProfessorFate
59 - Templar83

So, based on the criteria, the winner of the playoff pool was PLAYINGTIME!! Congrats Playingtime...

Now.. I am about done with HSFB... as I'm sure most of you are as well.. But..... Although happy for Bosco and the Trinity... cant get away from wondering why Md was not as good as we all hoped hey would be. Face it, as of Saturday @ 7:29, they alone had a chance at at "National Championship", which would have been great for all involved with the Trinity and especially MD followers. Although I picked Bosco to win, If MD were to have won, would have been happy for a MD National Title...

I have my opinion as to why MD lost, and I see that discussion is taking place on another thread... see you there...thanks for playing in our little competition this year... .not gonna have a state playoff pool.....

Thanks to all how participated in the most commented/viewed thread in OC Connect History.... and you are welcome John Q Public

Back in August 17...

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:13 am

Great job playing time. See ya next year

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:24 am

Congratulations to Bosco for a good game plan that worked that night. knew it was going to be tough.

One footnote if you ever watched either War of the Worlds it wasn't Gene Barry, Tom Cruise or the military that defeated the Martians.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:40 am

It was the common cold that defeated the Martians, otherwise humans were helpless against them. So now we know why MD lost..... those sneaky Bosco players infected the MD players with a cold virus :D

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:PTG, now the two week heal up and then what will be the WORSE game of the state and D1 finals. Earlier you made it sound like the State game would be the better game.
I did word that terribly, just went backed and looked, glad you straightened out because indeed what I was trying to say was that the final for Division one of the southern section would be the better game between the SS championship and the SBC Open division game.

If DLS is the Nor Cal rep they will get smoked...with the socal reps playing IMG and Gorman and each other and doing very well...against a DLS team that struggled against Servite, they are going to get embarrassed and I would bet they are very concerned about what it is going to look like on TV. Perhaps it is a good thing the game will be played in Sacramento so it does not look so humiliating being on smaller stage. The beat down DLS put on Servite seemed to effect the program pretty significantly and this game may have a similar effect on a program that seems to be in decline already...

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:08 pm

I actually don't think that DLS gets smoked by Bosco. If you compare talent level and number of future college players, then these 2 teams should not be on the same field.

But haven't we all learned anything about DLS after all these years? They have a system that will keep them in the game, regardless of the players on the field. DLS has this down to a science. Also, the DLS coaches should write a book titled 'How to get your football team to peak at the right time.'

Yes I think Bosco wins but I would NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER overlook DLS at this time of the year.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:11 pm

my guess is bosco wins rather easily and controls the game but dls stays within striking distance the entire time

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:50 pm

I don't think it will be a high scoring game because Bosco I think will use the same game plan
they had against MD, pound and ground against a smaller DLS Dline. Bosco by 17 or so.

It just amazes me that no school in NorCal can beat them. What's the closest private hi tier FB
power to DLS? Is there even another competitive private/catholic FB power in the CIF North Coast
section? Man,what a sweet deal they've had over the years...

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Bosco smokes em... just getting it on record.

This years So Cal teams are and have played the best in the country...Spartans will get smoked. Like Drag strip smoked...

Johnny Utah

Post by Johnny Utah » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:16 pm

PTG, actually at the time, I thought they were playing St Mary's. I had read somewhere that they were going to be the NorCal representative. Once I saw they were playing DLS, I thought, don't ever count these guys out. Could be a really good game.
"Jesus told the story of the Prodigal Son to make a simple point: never mind what you've done, just come home."

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:29 pm

They've outscored their opponents about 250-30 the last six weeks, including a 48-7 win over the previously unbeaten and #6 ranked team in the state on Friday. It could be a good game.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Hey Guys,

Anything is possible and DLS may be playing very well. They have always improved significantly over the season so it could be a good game, this is high school and anything can happen, how different teams match up etc.

I have seen a lot of HS football over the last 20 yrs and especially the last 5. Does not mean I know squat...

I have never seen the kind of over all talent concentrated in so many teams as this year. Just been really amazing. The fact that these teams have been battling all year...pretty freakin remarkable if you ask me.

It is hard to compare one year to the next generally, but man we saw CC vs. IMG, Bosco and Gorman, MD then they all played each other...Just sayin...IMHO and I will be the first come on here and say I don't know spit...This year Jason takes the Braves and smashes the Vaunted Spartans and shatters the shields of precision on the rocks of High School History...Bosco by 4 TD's...they better stay focused and hungry but the Braves have smashed this year and they will out pound DLS, just not going to be close. IMO we saw a peak in Nor Cal ball with Jake Browning Sr year, Nor Cal took So Cal apart, DLS CC game was close until late in Q3 that was then this is now...You guys especially Joe have been spot on so you can all kick my a$$ if I am wrong a couple weeks from now...I might be...but I'm seein Dragsters...enjoy!

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:25 am

Smoked...although a point short of the 4 TD's...and a SoCal sweep...Nice!

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:56 am

Bosco really put a whipping on that DLS team. They are the clear # 1 in California now!!
What can we expect for 2017? They lose alot in,
Beasley, Bynum, Holmann, Wyatt, Callier, Poyer, Tuitasi.
CoronaCentennial and MD will challenge them again.
I cant believe CC isnt ranked higher in the nation, playing IMG to a 1 point game, and beating Chandler, and taking bosco down to the Wire.
IE = Corona Centennial
OC = Mater Dei
LA = SJB
The big 3!
Shout out to the San Diego teams who won a state title, Cathedral Catholic, and Madison.
Also, Shout out to Coach Harrington Formerly Hart / let go from Alemany (lol), Took a 6-6 Parclete team out of Lancaster and won a state title in his first year. Talk about results and coaching. I think, Coach Harrington, is one of those names , that a offer should be made. Lets see, Orange County or Lancaster?? :notworthy:

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:07 am

bosco matched up very well with de la salle because of their strength on the dline especially. if de la salle cant run the veer effectively consistently they dont have much of a shot. they still scored on some big plays but never got into their normal rhythm on offense. bosco oline also got really good pushes

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:59 pm

Yes, you could tell Bosco was bigger and just more talented than DLS and actually if Bosco had recovered
the fumble that went forward around 20 yards or so from the DLS RB when it was punched out by the Bosco DB, Bosco would have probably slapped 60+ on DLS.

On a side note, had a couple of tech friends that like HSFB attend the Bosco/DLS game, they have this
hi-tech electronic gizmo that tells you time phases, etc; I sure can't explain it to you; apparently, 40-45%
of the time DLS was not set on the OLine for a full second, coming up at .09 of a second and who is
going to argue with a one tenth of a second difference? - what ref can even tell?

It's a brilliant technique devised by the former DLS HC Ladoucer from 35! years ago

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:16 pm

I have been saying for years that DLS does not set on many of their plays. They've been getting away with it for years and it partially explains why they are so explosive off the ball on offense. They were doing it again last night but even with that unfair advantage it was not enough to overcome the huge talent gap difference. And if they are only set for .09 of a second then they are getting off .91 seconds early on some plays and that is noticeable. It's certainly noticeable on TV.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:26 pm

I suspect what cruiser meant to say was that the DLS o-line fired .09 seconds early, meaning they were set for .91. If a line were to routinely set for less than a tenth of a second, the entire planet would have noticed it.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:30 pm

OK, MDDad, I guess that way too.