OC QBs fail to make the grade at the next level

Yeahboiyee

Re: OC QBs fail to make the grade at the next level

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 am

Chase Garbers is one heck of a QB. The league he is slinging those TD;s in is nothing compared to the league JT is in year in. Chase is a stud, but he would not hang those numbers in Trinity. Chase is also on a laded team in that league. They likely could not beat a single team in Trinity.
Last edited by Yeahboiyee on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:36 am

Probably over 99% of the thousands of kids who go to a college or university, play football while there, and earn their degree (many of them for free), don't go on to win Super Bowl rings or get into the NFL Hall of Fame. It would be hard to label all of them as failures.

TommyTrojan

Post by TommyTrojan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:47 am

You say he's on a loaded team ,but then claim that his team couldn't beat a single team in the Trinity. Which one is it? I have no doubt that Chase could put up huge numbers for any team. I don't disagree that his numbers are inflated in league given the talent he goes up against, but he did pretty good against higher caliber foes in non-league.

It is easy to dismiss the talent of "lower division" teams but the reality is Chase is every bit as good as anyone in this county regardless of where they are playing.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:09 am

Yeahboiyee wrote:Chase Garbers is one heck of a QB. The league he is slinging those TD;s in is nothing compared to the league JT is in year in. Chase is a stud, but he would not hang those numbers in Trinity. Chase is also on a laded team in that league. They likely could not beat a single team in Trinity.
Something tells me that Garbers would have no problem lobbing the ball into the St. Brown's arms in any league. Or damned near any half-decent QB. MD has ridiculous talent this year

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:46 pm

Lets be clear. Chase is a stud! He is as good as anybody in Trinity minus JT. JT is a soph. Can you imagine where he will be going into his senior year. Yes, any QB or Chase and a few other in Trinity would have large numbers behind Bosco's or MD's line. They are not soph's like JT. JT is a special one. It is hard to compare as Chase wont face the talent or pressure that some of the QB's face in league play. Regardless Chase is clearly a top QB talent!

inflagrantedelicto

Post by inflagrantedelicto » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Isn't JT an 18-year old soph? :mrgreen:
Percussus Resurgo

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Here we go again with inuendo and rumors. The old "I heard Daniels was shaving in the third grade" or "Daniels has a wife and 2 kids already" or "Daniels is a quintuple holdback" garbage. I'm no MD fan but come on people.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Not really here to compare MD/PrivateSchool vs CDM/Public School. I can assure you Garbers standing in that MD pocket right now would basically be the same team and record. Be happy Coach Meyers didn't bring him to Servite!

Read this article from the LA Times this summer http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilo ... story.html

Representin' OC QB's
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:24 am

Lets see how these QB'S from the OC do. It's playoff time..... :rockon:

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:44 am

Some great slingers taking the fields tonight! JT Daniels as a Sophomore! Really! Guiding nations #1 team at that age! Impressive! Can't wait to see Garbers now playing two halves of football! Predicting a Div 4 show down for the title with Lompoc! Can McDonald shock the world at MV? Big task for the publics in Division 1.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Yeahboiyee

Post by Yeahboiyee » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:54 pm

Bosco and Mater Dei would eat chase alive or any other QB Servite decided to lure in. Ask Jack Sears how life without a line is when playing better competition.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:22 am

Brilliant deduction, so you think MD and SJB are really that good....? Brilliant observation! There are likely but a handful of teams in the entire nation that would stand a chance at the MD or SJB rush.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:47 am

LOL, Catch the game on Saturday, USC vs Notre Dame.
San Clemente's Darnold leading the way! :thumbsup:

NOSEGUARD75

Post by NOSEGUARD75 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:40 am

The real question of failure that Antonio Pierce should be addressing has nothing to do with his perception of OC QBs not being successful in college or the NFL.......

He needs to look at the mirror and ask himself why LB Poly is not as successful as they used to be before he started coaching there. Now I know there are going to be a ton of excuses as to why but when you assume the role of Head Coach it ultimately falls on your shoulders. With that being said Coach Pierce, let's talk about the failure of LB Poly in the Antonio Pierce era???

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:11 am

I can assure you these two great OC QB's will throwing serious pigskin around tonight in Costa Mesa...... JT Daniels and MATER DEI take the field at OCC against an undefeated RANCHO CUCAMONGA. http://www.dailybulletin.com/sports/201 ... -mater-dei
And Chase Garbers and his CORONA DEL MAR SEA KINGS take on an undefeated LOMPOC at Jim Scott Stadium Estancia HS. http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschoo ... story.html

Two great teams travel to Orange County tonight as Costa Mesa is the spot for Division 1 & 4 Semi Finals !!
Attachments
GarbsCDM.jpg
JT-Daniels1.jpg

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:32 am

The notion of ending up in the NFL, ESPECIALLY as a QB, is in any way looked upon as "failure" or underachieving because they don't end up being Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers is about the most ludicrous, ignorant assertion I've ever heard. And I believe it is symptomatic of what plagues HS sports as an institution.
The "next level" as the subject line reads, is College. And I'll just use the 3 MD guys mentioned in this thread, Leinart, Brennan and Barkley; a Heisman winner and 2 finalists. National Championships, major bowls and in the case of Brennan re-writing NCAA record books. If that is "failing to make the grade at the next level" then slap me sideways and call me Sally cuz y'all er drunk. If Pierce wants to talk about under-achieving at the next level he should look within at his school with arguably more talent than any school in the nation year after year but lately I'm at a loss to name prominent Poly kids recently making such an impact (Heismans etc) in college let alone NFL. And dare I say that some of that may be due to lack of life skills moreso than talent. So maybe Pierce shouldn't throw stones at parents and coaches (private and otherwise) who provide valuable guidance on and off the field.
The NFL is the rarest of air. A "successful" NFL QB is about the rarest athlete in professional sports. There are certainly not enough "successful" NFL QBS out there to start for each of the 32 teams.
Kids should dream big and be encouraged to work hard toward achieving those dreams. But any talk of an NFL future for ANY kid is just idiotic and irresponsible. If parents or coaches are talking NFL for their kids they should be strung up. How about grades, test scores and core classes? For every kid you can name that was a no-brainer future NFLer I can name 10 of the same can't miss kids who never made it through 4 years of college let alone NFL stardom. Too many kids are prepared to play football in college but not survive academically or socially. THAT is on parents and HS coaches. PERIOD!
Im gonna bet that everyone of the QBs named in this thread as "failing" have a college degree and a successful career away from football, if they're not still in the NFL, making $1M+ ... failing.
What a joke.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:56 pm

On a side note with an injury to Jay Cutler, Matt Barkley will be the Chicago Bears starter this Sunday.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:30 am

Well said Al. If Brennan, Barkley and Leinart are considered 'failures' then our society has lost its perspective. As a coach or parent your main purpose is to prepare kids to be successful in life. And that does not mean being the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Vernster52

Post by Vernster52 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:30 am

Gustavo Arellano has been an OC hater for years.

Why he continues to live there is beyond me. :mrgreen:

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:15 am

hit the lights wrote:Lets see how these QB'S from the OC do. It's playoff time..... :rockon:
Hey HIT THE LIGHTS cuz the OC QB crew LIT IT UP ! DANIELS, SEARS, GARBERS and O'CONNER all did the county proud! Can we call these guys the "Beach Boys" as they handed the loud talking lip smacking I.E. teams and out of county powerhouses their vacation tickets!

Take a look at these finals..., representing OC Football led by a crew of outstanding QB's. :rockon: