OC QBs fail to make the grade at the next level

Yeahboiyee

Re: OC QBs fail to make the grade at the next level

Post by Yeahboiyee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:34 am

Not one of those guys will compare to Daniels as a senior. Yes, even after last night. The competition level is not even remotely close. Daniels plays in the big boy league and still threw up monster numbers.

Veracity

Post by Veracity » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:14 am

Like Father. Like son. Brat - Part Duex
IMG_5018.JPG

inflagrantedelicto

Post by inflagrantedelicto » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Where will Daniels play his senior year? He'll be 19. Ineligible in CA but eligible to play in NV or FL....?

templar83

Post by templar83 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Postby inflagrantedelicto » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:04 pm

"Where will Daniels play his senior year? He'll be 19. Ineligible in CA but eligible to play in NV or FL....?"

From one of MDDad's posts back in December, not that correct information on this site is a bar to the trolling of many posters.

MDDad wrote:With all due respect, guys, it’s these kinds of posts that turn this forum into a cesspool every once in a while. There’s been an unwritten rule here that we don’t speak negatively of individual kids by name, yet Daniels has been subjected to this unfounded age crap since the day he enrolled in high school. Daniels is 16, and he will continue to be 16 for quite some time. He will be 18 his entire senior season, unlike some of the kids he will be playing against. I know that because one of my responsibilities is to keep accurate information on every kid in the program, including their birthdates.

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

When people do NOT know what the HELL they are talking about----they should keep their mouths shut so
their IGNORANCE doesn't SHOW!!!!! JT will be at MD his Senior year and playing QB the entire season.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm

inflagrantedelicto & Napolean have the same SOURCE!

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:51 pm

My source tells me that inflagrantedelicto is wrong on this one. JT will stay at Mater Dei, unless something unforeseen happens in the future, and he will be eligible to play next year.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:47 pm

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Fridayisgameday

Post by Fridayisgameday » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:00 pm

As long as you don't turn 19 before the start of your senior year, you are athletically eligible...You guys keep bringing up JT and his age, you guys would be shocked at how many senior athletes will turn 19. Most QB'S now a days are hold back kids..

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Actually per the CIF rule book, if you turn 19 before June 15th for the next fall HS athletic season; you are
ineligible for sports for whatever grade you are going into, fyi

So, in reality the student athlete could be 19 for a couple of months before the start of school
in August/September. I don't know why the CIF doesn't change it from June 15th to December 15th,
that would cut out a lot of the holdover problem.

Anyone know what the age rules are for some other states? I'm thinking they are all mostly
in the same ballpark as CALI is currently?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:47 am

Napoleon wrote:My source tells me that inflagrantedelicto is wrong on this one. JT will stay at Mater Dei, unless something unforeseen happens in the future, and he will be eligible to play next year.
Since I've said the same thing numerous times in the last 18 months, maybe you need a faster source.

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 am

MDDAD-
So you are expecting me to believe you when you clearly stated on this board there were no free rides at Mater Dei, lmao. Just because you said it doesn't make it true. I like to go to my reliable sources at Mater Dei and on this subject matter, the kid is eligible the next 2 years and is not going anywhere.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:14 pm

"THE SOURCE", knows all!

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 pm

There is NO ONE who is more a RELIABLE SOURCE than MD Dad at Mater Dei. If you have more reliable sources
at MD I DOUBT IT!!!

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Longtimeobserver-
So you too are siding with MDDAD when he says that there are no Free Rides at Mater Dei?

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Refer to the 1960's
" Gas, ***, or grass nobody rides for free"

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Ah, the 60s...compared to today those three things were pretty much free
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 am

Some might remember this article on OC QB'S, and comments made by LB POLY head coach Antonio Pierce.
Last year, the Diablos beat Poly 42-14 at MV. This year it will be at VETS STADIUM , where Poly has 16 D-1 players,
three of them being top transfers, 1 being Florida commit, Matt Corral , formerly from well to do Oaks Christian.
Coach Pierce, whos Son was a Diablo before he headed off to Hawaii, had some harsh words for Former OC and current OC qbs, in a article you can see in this thread. Calling OC players and QB'S silver spooned, soft, coddled, tells them to stay along the coast line. One of those QB'S he was refering to was MV qb coach and O COORDINATOR Rob Johnson, and coddling father coach Bob Johnson. It Hasnt been working out to well for Coach Pierce and the LB jACKRABBITS, UNTIL
he went out and got a silverspooned QB in Corral. Just because you have a few tats and move to the hood doesnt give you automatic street cred. Poly has turned things around this year in a last ditch effort to keep Pierces job.
Corral's favorite Target, Hawkins of LA transfer Jalen Hall,will get MV'S attention, as will Defensive hard hitting saftey ,Aashari Crosswell and LB Wiley Purry. Cameron Mc Donald the other Poly WR is a threat too.
The question now is, will MV have too many injuries in key spots to get by this years Poly team #5, Diablos #6?
Will MV get those DLINE guys back in time to feed Corral his silver spoon? Will MV QB Yellen get better quickly?
MV took some good licks last week vs La Habra and it still didnt quiet the barking chiwawa's. Can they take those same licks this week and come out on top for the second straight year? In this article of Pierce and his ruthless comments, im wondering if he still cant get over the 1990 CIF final when OC South County QB Tony Soliday and Capo Valley beat up on his Paramount Pirates? Well, whatever the outcome tomorrow night at Vets in LONG BEACH is, where i believe is also along the coastline, Get yourself some SniffinGriffin BBQ, I heard its regulating all So Cal!

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 am

Lights you are just on fire lately!

You might be able to do this for a living...color my man!!!

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:12 am

Ya funny how Long Beach isn't considered coastline.... guess its no more of a state of mind.... totally dude!
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo