D1 Playoff Thread - Predictions

Playthegame

Re: D1 Playoff Thread - Predictions

Post by Playthegame »

Funny thing is none of it makes a difference...

Truth
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Coach TO wrote:Omar...way off the mark!
You're right, I was way off the mark. I didn't anticipate the 2 long kickoff returns (1 for a touchdown) the 2 blocked punts (1 for a TD) and especially the 4 INTs (1 for a touchdown). And along with everybody else, I didn't forecast JSerra playing their absolute worst game of the entire year. Congratulations on your early Christmas present...

I see folks still trying to figure out Long Beach Poly and predict them. YOU CAN'T!!! Long Beach Poly will always keep you guessing!

That includes you as well, I'm sure

Keep yo eyes wide open...

Agreed, this week's game should be an eye opening experience, although you may choose to avert yours. JSerra absolutely shredded the Poly D and put up 44 points even with the 4 picks...three weeks ago MD held them to a field goal. Question...can the scoreboard at the Vet accommodate three digits?

...the show has just begun!

I would recommend you enjoy it while you can, it's likely to be a very limited run.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Calpreps quarterfinals projections:

Mater Dei 48 at LB Poly 7

Mission Viejo 31 at Orange Lutheran 21

St. John Bosco 28 at Rancho Cucamonga 20

Centennial 48 at Murrieta Valley 24
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Haroof

Post by Haroof »

That Mission Viejo-OLU game is very intriguing.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

No upsets pending
MD
MV
SJB
CC
Last edited by watchersince68 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

I Agree.

MD
MV
SJB
CC
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
The Old Gym

Post by The Old Gym »

2002tony wrote:LOL LOL....yep, they are in charge of their own hype...lol..the only hype is in your ignorance and hatred for MV...I wonder how "their hype" in your own words has you picking them to win over Servite? I wonder how they got ranked in the state and in the nation along with everyone else on this board picking them to win if all it was ...just "their own hype". LOL...

I too hope they win the next two games. No one on this board or anyone with any real football knowledge will be picking MV to win in a game with MD. So what if MD wins and even if they win by a lot, MD is the number 1 team in the nation, if they lose it is egg on them not MV..

If they make it to Simi game that is a moral victory in proving they were the 4th best team and not Chaminade. No one is picking them any higher then that.

or is it you just want to watch MV lose a game.....lol...if thats the case....enjoy...MD has so few wins over MV in the years coach Johnson has been at MV compared to how many times MD has lost...about time they won a few.

LOL
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

That Mission Viejo-OLU game is very intriguing

MV has to be favored but if they have no one that matches up with Ford they could be in for a long night
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

...about time they won a few

Actually Rollo/MD won the last meeting and two of the last three...

In the '90s when MD had the players they dominated the series, then when Johnson arrived the talent pools switched and MV won like 5 of 6. In the last ten years they've only faced off twice, each winning once...
George Will

Donald Trump
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

MD - Poly coming off their most impressive performance of the year. They won’t roll over for MD but MD wins by 24.

OLU - I was on the fence here. Saying 42-35 OLU

Bosco over RC by 14.

CC over Mur Valley by a lot. Last weeks game against Serra may be the best thing and wake up call for CC. They take out their anger against MValley
insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity »

md over poly- poly surprised me last week. they wont again.

bosco over rc- bosco line is too big and theyre to skilled for rc

mv over olu- probably clostest game. olu cant stop mv offensive threats and they stop olu enough

centennial over murietta valley- dont think mv forced sm to punt once. they wont stop centennial either but centennial will stop them enough
FBOC

Post by FBOC »

I was out of town. I was a bit surprised at the number of points MV gave up. Not so surprised by the close game but if it were to be close I thought it might be more like 21 20. What did Servite do that gave MV trouble that LB Poly and SM didn't do?
Bigbear

Post by Bigbear »

Servite changed up their running game, using Mcduffie in the back field as well as switching with Leutu-Ulu. This was obviously something they should have been doing all year given how successful it was against MV.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Agreed, power run game all season long would have given DH #4 even more success...reading that from game I saw and comments...That Servite team was good! Very physical....I can’t believe McDuffie was not running the ball prior.

Early in the game TJ threw pic to La Valle then made the stop on La Valle, nasty head on collision right in front me...I thought no way he recovers from that, but shook it off and next play...durable play maker...you just have to wonder what the Friars record would have been had they lead with lightning #3 and thunder #40...
Last edited by Playthegame on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
polyrules

Post by polyrules »

As for poly surprising MD..I love these guys. Great characters on the team...good people. But LBP 17 isn't LBP 97 or 01. Without the three big transfers, LBP loses to JSerra. Serra really had that game. I called it for JSerra at halftime.

All Mater Dei needs to do is go 12 yards and a cloud of dust. There won't be any stopping these OC all stars. It didn't happen with JSerra. If JSerra kept it on the ground, despite that #4 WR, they win.
I got Mater Dei 59 Poly 7.

And that 7 will be because of our QB.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

MD should by all accounts win by 3 TD’s or more and perhaps they do go up big, but Poly has enough fire power to go toe to toe...If Poly has the best game of the year they will give MD one of their tougher games...certainly one of the more exciting match ups...

This is MD’s year though and expectations are to finish the year in dominant fashion! Nothing has changed!!!
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Correction it was 43 Mitch Dossey who got the pick not La Valle 5 off TJ IT WAS A Collision though you can see the play on MaxPreps recap Hudl footage
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

polyrules wrote: And that 7 will be because of our QB.
A mobile QB who can throw on the run is what you need against this defense...question is can Poly run the ball just enough to keep them honest
George Will

Donald Trump
polyrules

Post by polyrules »

the answer is found in the IMG game....Poly had a hard time running in the 2016 game. Mater Dei is at that level, no doubt. Mike Mauai and Boom Boom Graham has been great backs, but it'll be like running against a well. The speed of the Mater Dei olb's will be on display.

Speaking of IMG, i was proud of the way we played them. It could have gotten ugly fast, but it didn't. I'm hoping the game against Mater Dei is the same. Win or lose, it's been a great season to watch, and Corral and Hall are the real deal. They will move on. Crosswell is there too.

Next year is looking like another playoff entry, but a possible repeat of Chaminade. This year is it. We have no JV, although the freshman look promising, and we have some sophomore wr's that should develop.

Polyrules....GO JACKRABBITS!
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

If Corral can avoid the rush and hit the WRs with accuracy on the run Poly can score, but they still need multiple TOs & big special teams plays to keep up with MD's O
George Will

Donald Trump