The new game

Omar Bongo

Re: The new game

Post by Omar Bongo »

So fans of the other 64 OC teams are less than thrilled with MD's recent success? Not exactly a shocker there, but really now, trying to convince us that MD fans themselves feel the same?... ROFL

Saturday's game is a championship rematch of probably the two best high school teams in the nation...don't worry about us, we'll muddle through somehow while you're all at home dusting off your Christmas decorations
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
templar83

Post by templar83 »

Omar Bongo wrote: while you're all at home dusting off your Christmas decorations
"The Grinch: All right, you're a Monarch. Here's your motivation: Your name is Rollo, you're a freak who coaches a team with red uniforms, and no one likes you. Back to Whoville, you've ruined High School football and probably Christmas too...
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

TommyTrojan wrote: I sat in the the MD crowd Friday and it felt pretty meh. Even the folks around me seemed that way. Not that they didn't care about the game, simply that they knew they were going to win and sports where you know the outcome in advance isn't a whole lot of fun (unless you are Biff in Back to the Future).
This is a claim I've made for many years. It was always in reference to MD basketball, but it applies to MD football now too.

The Monarch fans will be enthusiastic for this game, because there is a chance they might lose. But in the previous 13 games there were only two games like that. How do you get excited about the other 11 mismatches?

It's good to see that some Monarchs are beginning to feel that way also.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

I have to wonder, of the many people who are turned off by what high school football has "become", how many will be watching the game on TV Saturday night?
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

BuckW wrote: Frankie Boy,
Jserra Baseball has never won a CIF title while representing the Trinity League. Santa Margarita and Mater Dei have won the DIV 1 title but Jserra has never made past the Semi's. There is no doubt they have had the talent but have never be able to finish the job.
In fairness to Frankieboy1, and to J Serra, there is a great deal of luck involved in winning a CIF Baseball Championship.
The best team doesn't always win in baseball. While some may see that as a plus, I don't. It's one of the reasons I don't enjoy baseball.
longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver »

Well I know where I sat at the game the MD fans were very vocal and enthusiastic. They have been all season
long. I know many MD families and see them at the games and they are still sending their children to MD.
Young alumni sit behind me and are very loyal and supportive. I could go on and on about many of the negative
comments posted and refute most of them. But just as in politics a poster is not going to change a negative
attitude. Those of us who are loyal supporters know better.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Professor Fate wrote: How do you get excited about the other 11 mismatches?
By knowing that this week you'll be looking forward to watching your team play in the ultimate game for any high school football fan, win or lose...what are you doing this week? (that's a rhetorical question, I've read your posts)
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
ventura

Post by ventura »

MDDad wrote:I have to wonder, of the many people who are turned off by what high school football has "become", how many will be watching the game on TV Saturday night?
I'm probably a pretty typical old guy example. I'll either watch or record the MD/Bosco game, with not much interest, but to see which titan prevails. But I haven't been interested in any of their games leading up to this, and that's kind of the point, isn't MDDad? In Socal, it's not fun watching CC, MD or Bosco unless they are playing each other, so the season is a waste. Maybe even for the fans of these teams? Much as I like to win, I don't have much interest in my team playing an opponent that has no chance.

As usual, loved everything Luca had to say. I've been watching Crespi since their magical run in 1965, and now that they are moving down to D.3, I'll be more interested than I have been for a few years. I've made my peace with having my team not play in D.1......no heart or soul with the transfer game needed to field a playoff contender there. When the Celts played LBPoly for the championship about 10 years ago, it was fueled significantly by scholarships, and a couple key transfers, taking some of the relish out of it. Now that Crespi isn't playing either the transfer or the scholarship game, look where they are in D.1.

Luca - with our comparable investments in HSFB we've loved so much, I wonder why you can't pick a lower level program to get behind, and keep the Friday night lights alive. I hope you change your mind about checking in once in awhile, and sharing some well expressed wisdom, though it's utterly wasted on the likes of Omar Bongo.
Haroof

Post by Haroof »

See you back here in a few days, Luca.
ARF

Post by ARF »

OB,

You can do better. Try again. ](*,)

Thank you for playing.

Arf
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Ventura and the rest nasayers
You know you will be closet watchers of the game sitting with your beer and Doritos yelling and screaming
at the TV for every bad call. You will tell everyone you don't care anymore but you will watch.
FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe »

CIF should just institute a salary cap and this will even itself out. The issue isn't that MD and Bosco are doing things that others aren't. The issue is that they are doing it to a Bishop Gorman extreme level, which is creating these super teams that no one can compete with. Again, despite MDDad's incorrect assertions to the contrary, other schools such as a Loyola or even other Trinity schools, could pull these tactics to the same degree but choose not to. Therefore, there will remain this imbalance as long as the Boscos and MDs of the world continue to go to the extremes that others won't. Does anyone really want to see the football equivalent of Mater Dei's joke of a "high school" basketball program with uncompetitive game after uncompetitive game unless they are playing another AAU type team in a national tournament? I think the answer is generally no.
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

Omar Bongo wrote:So fans of the other 64 OC teams are less than thrilled with MD's recent success? Not exactly a shocker there, but really now, trying to convince us that MD fans themselves feel the same?... ROFL

Saturday's game is a championship rematch of probably the two best high school teams in the nation...don't worry about us, we'll muddle through somehow while you're all at home dusting off your Christmas decorations
for some reason I had not realized you were a MD fan, my mistake.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

All of you whiners remember one thing this team is a once in a lifetime team for MD, next year they will not be as good. Still good but not this team. So for one fleeting moment in history you guys want to demonize the game. Then next year you can go back crying about CC and SJB and I will join you. Wha, wha, wha.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

The transfer of the year in prep football is . . .

Drum roll please!

It’s championship weekend in high school football, and you can always count on the finalists to have a transfer or two to help bring home a banner.

For the skeptics who still don’t think you need a talented transfer to win a championship, let’s review some of the key newcomers in the Southern Section and City Section.

Southern Section

Division 1: The transfer of the year for St. John Bosco is defensive lineman Cole Aubrey. He has 15 sacks after joining the Braves from JSerra. Mater Dei has relied on linebackers Solomon Tuliaupupu (Claremont) and Mase Funa (Santa Margarita).

https://firenewsfeed.com/sports/798790
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

You didn't repost the entire article which was predominantly public school dominated...
34BD80AD-EC0A-42C4-962C-940065D2921B.jpeg
34BD80AD-EC0A-42C4-962C-940065D2921B.jpeg (39.33 KiB) Viewed 753 times
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote: I hope you change your mind about checking in once in awhile, and sharing some well expressed wisdom, though it's utterly wasted on the likes of Omar Bongo.
Is your definition of "wisdom" an opinion you happen to agree with?
2002tony wrote: for some reason I had not realized you were a MD fan, my mistake.
That's "us" who enjoy watching exciting, high-level football.

I must say I do get a kick out of people pretending that they enjoy watching games between teams other than the one they support...(except the really good ones, of course)
George Will

Donald Trump
ventura

Post by ventura »

Omar Bongo wrote: ventura wrote:
Source of the post I hope you change your mind about checking in once in awhile, and sharing some well expressed wisdom, though it's utterly wasted on the likes of Omar Bongo.

Is your definition of "wisdom" an opinion you happen to agree with?

No. My opinion can be changed in debate with a wise opponent. And I'm going to the Moorpark/Paraclete game this Friday, and will enjoy it a lot more than I'd enjoy watching Bosco/MD.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Ramon wrote: You didn't repost the entire article which was predominantly public school dominated...
Why would I? There was not a single Orange County player or school mentioned in the rest of the Southern Section portion of the article. Duh!
Buck

Post by Buck »

MD Homers and Bosco fans be like. ROFL ROFL
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (31.17 KiB) Viewed 665 times