What is it about Mater Dei?

jb914

Re: What is it about Mater Dei?

Post by jb914 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 am

by TheFan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:54 am

Ok, I would offer you a snack, but I am sure your team has plenty...since they just got back from the Grab and Go...
when will your righteous self BS on that topic?
maybe you should work on your math instead of gossiping about HS kids. --:--

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:03 am

TheFan wrote:Ok, I would offer you a snack, but I am sure your team has plenty...since they just got back from the Grab and Go...
when will your righteous self BS on that topic?
I'm amazed how adults can fixate on minors who may or may not have a disciplinary issue...If the matter has been handled by the team, school and parents...Is it really any of your business? I know, years ago I would have disagreed...But I'd like to think I've matured since the birth of my son in 2013...Hate on friends, good to know you or your own have never made a stupid mistake in their youth...Peace
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

TheFan

Post by TheFan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Ramon, here are some other things that happen after having children too. One has less patience for half truths and excuses.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Brother, I'm finding with age and fatherhood, that I really had no clue what really matters in life...I too have less patience with dishonesty and lack of candor...But, I'm more inclined to give a kid a pass, as long as he's contrite and willing to serve the punishment...Oh, and of course not repeat the transgression. :2cents:

aberamsey

Post by aberamsey » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:41 am

Heard yesterday that Mater Dei has a freshman on varsity who is not just a hold back, but the rare double hold back. Is that the new trend?

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 pm

If a kid is really a true "Double Holdback", would he even be eligible to play HS Football his Senior Year?
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 pm

aberamsey - "you heard", man, that is something you could rely on, if it was something
you could lose big on -as long as he is not 19 before June 15th of the August/September
start of his senior year, he is eligible, talk to the CIF about it, btw; it's pretty much the
same, give or take a month or two either way in ALL the states.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:35 pm

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who knows that Mater Dei Football actually bought that Double Holdback a home. I guess it’s pretty serious.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Ramon wrote:If a kid is really a true "Double Holdback", would he even be eligible to play HS Football his Senior Year?
It doesn't matter if the kid was "held back" all that matters is the age of the kid according to CIF. If the kid is too old to play football his senior year by CIF rules, he is not playing football.

thefrog

Post by thefrog » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Ramon wrote:My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who knows that Mater Dei Football actually bought that Double Holdback a home. I guess it’s pretty serious.
The scary part is, this could actually be sourced by the media nowadays.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Get a life peeps... just enjoy the game, we are so beyond the dirt, my goodness hard to even trust the C church after the latest headlines, I can only feel sorry for those with double accountability, you’ld almost believe they don’t believe...vengence is mine says the Lord! I WILL REPAY!!!

#Leadership

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:59 pm

Make Them Cry Again In 2020

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:16 pm

MD seems to have a long tradition, of having the beach cities, Newport and Huntington, to be popular feeder cities to MD, as in, a large portion of the MD student body commuting from those 2 cities.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:03 pm

decided to bump this thread, since I noticed another one got bumped lately for the first time in a while, what makes Mater Dei much different than most other high schools, is the tons of Alumni support, at their sports events, games, its quite common to see the stands filled with 60 and 70 year olds trying to relive High School,most High Schools don't have that type of support. I'm sure the Alumni support was a factor, did have some effect on MD becoming the National Powerhouse again, probably even better than MD was during the 90's MD football dynasty.

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:17 pm

locals here in AZ were surprised and impressed by the full visitor section when they played Peoria Centennial.

As I explain to people-the only other alumni group in OC stronger is USC's. There happens to be a bit of overlap between the two.

Only other place I can think of with similar levels of alumni support is Fairfax for basketball.

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:18 pm

I do think that in the next 20 or so years SM will be similar; will take a while longer but the same will happen at JSerra.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:44 pm

I also should have mentioned, yes Servite has that type of support as well, but since Servite has always been a smaller school, smaller graduating classes, so less Alumni support, but I would say the same type of devotion, but I guess you could say the same for Rosary and Connelly alumni as well, since Servite cheerleaders come from Rosary and Connelly.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am

South county fans are a little less interested in football than lets say Santa Ana, they don't even want their kids to play the game. Twenty years from now they may abolish football in south county due to TBI's. So be long lasting fans may be a stretch.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 am

another thing I think that goes to show how popular of a school MD is as a destination, is MD has always had a long waiting list when accepting transfer students right? or always gets tons of applications

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:55 am

I wouldn't say that. It's not just SM, JSerra and MV that put quality product (and have deep community support) on the field. Unless there's rapid demographic change (not out of the question) and south county turns into Irvine, I don't see that happening.