2018 Sunset League/DII/DIII

SK80

Re: 2018 Sunset League/DII/DIII

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:49 am

Obviously there is some hitch...., almost every other game (of many) decided within an hour after the game cancels due to weather.
raindelaycdmlosal.png
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:52 am

This is on LA Twitter: 8 Hrs. ago

Just speculating that LA was all good with this at the time and location and CDM has either a transportation issue or doesn't like the time or place. I have heard nothing that gives me any reason however to go beyond speculation and process of elimination.

The rain storm should have moved through by mid day so I do not think it is weather related.

"Players: Reminder, 9 am pre game meal. 10 am meetings. 11 am walk through. Game time set for 1 pm."
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Newps

Post by Newps » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:03 am

Los Al has a fundraiser tonight. Cdm needs to play at night. Cypress HS not available til after 5pm. Cdm won’t play on Los Al’s campus field. This game is going to end in a 7-7 tie and if both teams are tied in two weeks they will flip for #1 and #2 from Sunset. Will be unfortunate for both teams.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:13 am

I saw this coming but didn't want to put this out there. :roll: Flipping coins :2cents: :oops:

Cdm96

Post by Cdm96 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 am

Los Al want to play at 1pm on their campus field. CDM wants to play at 7pm at Cerritos College. CDM can't play at 1pm because they don't have busses and several coaches / support staff are not available. Los Al can't play at 7pm because they have a school fundraiser.

CDM offered to compromise and play at 3pm at Cerritos College and split the cost of the facility. Plenty of time to play and be done in time for the fundraiser. Los Al refusing to respond because they are not getting their way. Lame.

Ultimately, this will not be a coin flip. Assuming they are not able to play and both teams win out, they will be co-league champions. They are in different playoff divisions so they could both potentially be #1 seeds

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:50 am

CDM @ LOS AL = NO GAME TODAY.

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 am

What's lame is the notion that CDM "needs" to play at night when quite a few teams are playing this afternoon...including Laguna Beach who WAS willing to making the trek to Western today at 2.

You're arguing that your bus can make it for a 3 PM game, but not 1 PM, is laughable. Why CDM would need to play at a college stadium with 50 of their fans in attendance is an even bigger joke. Your attempt to lay this on Los Al is really transparent, and very poor form.

This event tonight is a big deal for Los Al.

http://ourlosal.tv/2018/07/13/18th-tast ... r-13-2018/

Newps

Post by Newps » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:04 am

Monday night at Site TBD

FYI a few of cdm’s key coaches had commitments which is why Cdm was pushing aside the 1pm game.

Good luck with your fundraiser. Hopefully it’s not raining.

This is a good start to a nice rivalry.

Cdm96

Post by Cdm96 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:26 am

CDM and Los Al have officially agreed to a 7-7 tie. The game will not be rescheduled.

Enjoy your fundraiser!

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:33 am

What a bunch of crap. How about you just own the fact you didn't want to play and are happy with the tie? You guys said no...the rest of the OC teams said yes to their afternoon re-schedule.

Newps

Post by Newps » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:36 am

Bick, stop it. See you next year and good luck bro. I have a feeling your not gonna like next years result. Have a great season and good luck in D2.

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:42 am

I never would've said a damn thing if you hadn't come on here with that this was somehow our fault and that other passive aggressive remark about our fundraiser. Complete chicken crap and you know it.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:45 am

giphy-11.gif
giphy-11.gif (781.71 KiB) Viewed 246 times

TomDrake

Post by TomDrake » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:05 am

I wonder if CDM would have been able to get a bus if they had lost to Edison...

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:14 am

I'm thinking both teams knew there was one big advantage and that is the possible benefit of both getting #1 in league assuring a better CIF draw.

Drake not sure the bus issue was the real issue..., I know CDM coaches whom have real jobs on Saturdays as they are not employed as teachers. They could have made an evening affair which is what i agree would be best. LA had a fundraiser tomorrow night.

I still think with all the posturing, finger pointing the booby prize was too good to pass up when thinking CIF.

I feel bad for Humphreys, he is on pace to set the OCHSF all time season TD record. I guess we will have to play all 4 quarters against Harbor!

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:27 am

The official release from CDM football is they couldn't find an acceptable field on such short notice.
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
Due to the inability to secure a proper facility to accommodate this game on such short notice,
Both schools have agreed to call the game a tie of 7-7
Is there something about this field that doesn't work for you? Stands not big enough to accomodate?

http://www.rachlinarchitects.com/m/work ... rack-field

Cdm96

Post by Cdm96 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 am

Hey Bick, chill dude. My “lame” remark was referring to the inability of both sides to agree on a time and place. Despite what you might think, I am not at all happy with the tie. Not trying to blame Los Al, but their campus field is not a suitable venue for a varsity Sunset league game. There is a reason neither Los Al nor CDM ever play their varsity games at their own campus fields. The game should be played in the same location that was originally agreed upon by both sides.

I agree that the bus issue could have been resolved. At one point CDM offered to have their kids drive themselves. However, as SK80 said, many of the coaches had obligations that could not be changed - several of them work, one guy had a family wedding. Cdm offered to play on Monday, but ultimately both sides agreed it was better to move on. Sucks for the fans and JH, but hopefully the best for both teams.

Finally, think what you want, but I do hope you have a good fundraiser tonight. I am a big supporter of public ed and always wish the best for the kids.

TomDrake

Post by TomDrake » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:54 am

In a situation like this los al’s facilities are fine. They have a very new turf field and can get scissor lifts to act as press boxes... los al has played a varsity game there before. Unforeseen weather happened, therefore both teams need to be a little flexible.

I feel bad for CDM in this situation, because if they are able to win their next 2 and be League champs they would not likely be recognized as such by the rest of the league, even though they may be the best team. Sort of like Apollo Creed after his first fight with Rocky.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:58 am

Thnx Cdm96.

I know many are frustrated but we should take the higher road. Pointing fingers is nonsense. Even as many of us here have more knowledge than most no-one knows really all the dynamics.

It's unfortunate when two exceptional teams get shorted by such dynamics beyond the players controls.

As fans, supporters, friends and families are all involved I think best to not create a sideshow but to take what was played, look at it, learn from it and move on.

I know this game is about "W'" and individual stats are not what we are suppose to play for but I can't help to feel bad for Humphreys whom is not only leading the OC in receiving but on pace to set the all time OC TD single season record. I din't see much last night that would have denied him more TD receptions in his pursuit of that milestone. Suppose they will have to make it up at Harbors expense #-o

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:06 am

Los Al played Paraclete in 2016 there - mainly because they didn't travel very well either. But we had to start at 5 PM. We'd play all our games there if the surrounding residents would allow us to play night games.