insidetrinity

scott meyer servite

Postby insidetrinity » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:25 pm

scott meyer has resigned from servite

Professor Fate

Re: scott meyer servite

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Good. Let's phone Hartigan.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Dailydose

Postby Dailydose » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Servite is done. It's run by the most narcissistic, dishonest, pieces of s..t in Orange County. Their demise is well deserved. Who ever sends their sons to Servite will regret it.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Reflecting on a happier time for you Servite fans, as told by the always classy Edac25 crowing in response to an MDdad post...

Re: Servite Football 2010 - WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
Postby edac25 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:32 pm

MDDad wrote:

"I agree, and this discussion raises an interesting sidepoint.

For some time now, I've wondered why posters write letters of congratulations to winning teams on this messageboard. Last year, on the Monday morning after Servite beat Rocklin in the state bowl game, I wrote a letter of congratulations to the school and the football program, and I put it in the mail. I'll probably do the same next Monday if the Friars beat De La Salle this Saturday, and I'd expect anyone wanting to congratulate those that accomplished the victory would do the same thing.

I get the feeling that supporters of a program who post their congratulations on these forums are really only congratulating themselves and each other. And rivals who post their congratulations here are partly showing off their sensitivity and sportsmanship to others who had no hand in the game's outcome. If you want to congratulate a school or program, write them a letter or drop them an e-mail. Posting gushing congratulations and "open letters" here, where no coach or player may ever read it, just seems kind of phony."

Interesting timing don't ya think?? Your program is two playoff wins removed from yet another disappointing season (would that have been 6 straight underperforming years??) and Servite, the team you USED to own, just finished going Back-to-Back in the Pac5 and NOW you pull the "fans aren't a part of the celebration/championships and there's no reason to post celebratory comments on a messageboard" card. What a freakin JOKE!! You Mater Dei people are more pathetic than I ever could envision. Stop worrying about what's posted on this or any other board and get busy looking for your next Head Football Coach or start getting used to the fact that you are now second fiddle to The Premier Football Program in Orange County/Pac5 - MY Servite Friars.

I DO consider myself a part of the Servite Football Program and therefore DO consider myself part of the Back-to-Back CIF Championships. NOTHING anyone says will change that. I will wear the gear proudly and flaunt it whenever possible, especially to every arrogant Monarch Homer I see as a remider to them that the Friars are The Top Dog. If this rubs some the wrong way, including Servite Fans, I could give a rat's azz!!

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:02 pm

It was time for Meyer to go. I wasn’t impressed with him. Bad game day coach. Didn’t have what it takes to coach at this level. Decent guy but not a great coach.

Dailydose

Postby Dailydose » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Jako is a horrible guy and a worse coach. Basically another John Morris. Look at the basketball program. It's an absolute joke.

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:00 pm

:shock:
Attachments
EdacUpdated1_zpsylaexnpa.jpg
EdacUpdated1_zpsylaexnpa.jpg (59.94 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

Ramon

Postby Ramon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:47 pm

That was some of my best work LOL
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
2017 Trinity League, CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Diesel17

Postby Diesel17 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Yes is absolutely horrible!!

OCLongBall

Postby OCLongBall » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:55 pm

FriarJoe wrote:It was time for Meyer to go. I wasn’t impressed with him. Bad game day coach. Didn’t have what it takes to coach at this level. Decent guy but not a great coach.

No coach can be successful in those circumstances.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 pm

..in the interim, where is Larry Toner? - if nothing else he would stabilize the program.

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Cruiser, are you on drugs? Toner? Come on guy...

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Steve Fryer has written an article about how coaching at a Trinity league school is like quicksand. Fisher is 3rd in seniority now in the TL after only 2 seasons.

His article is interesting, but contains some errors. He says Curtis only had one season at SM...he had two 2014 and 2015. He also states that Rollinson went 4-6 and missed the playoffs, provoking some to say that the game had passed him by. Only trouble is MD was 6-5 that year, and made the playoffs. Steve was probably thinking of 2011.

Steve implies that Coach Meyers may have been pressured by the administration, to resign.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Ha ha....I saved it ...lol...good stuff!

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 am

Meyers is a good coach, in Trinity if you do not have the talent no coaching will matter much. It is simply a recruit the best or just be part of the rest. If recruiting is the coaches job then Meyer failed at Servite. If its the AD and the institutions responsibility than it is not on Meyer. I can commit personally but from everything I have heard or read from all of you is that Servite quit on competing.

NJtoNYCtoSOC

Postby NJtoNYCtoSOC » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:33 am

What’s the measuring stick for Servite? Is it competing with MD? If so, the next coach is doomed. Putting the top 3 aside for a moment, who was the team that Servite wasn’t capable of beating this year? I guess I don’t understand the need for the tear-down, but I’ll defer to the Servite folks on the board who seem to deem it necessary.

sammy swordsman

Postby sammy swordsman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:34 am

Servite has not been able to field an acceptable defensive unit since 2011. The defense has been a siv to the point that the games became unbearable to watch.

Servite could have beat DLS in 2016 if the defense could have made a stop on the final DLS drive and 2 point conversion with no time on the clock. #theLastStraw

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:49 pm

NJtoNYCtoSOC wrote:Source of the post What’s the measuring stick for Servite? Is it competing with MD? If so, the next coach is doomed

It isn't MD or Bosco anymore. Competing with them now is not possible without going down the same road, and Servite does not want to do that.

Meanwhile, until the situation with MD and/or Bosco in the Trinity League changes, our path has to be improving ourselves step by step, and during this rebuilding period, the yardstick has to be how well did we compete with the other three teams in the battle for third place. During Meyer's three years...not well at all. We were 1-2 against SM, 1-2 against O Lu, and 2-1 against J Serra. The defense was horrible despite lots of talent there, and we finished:

2015 - (2-3) tied for third (3 way tie). That was a pleasant surprise.
2016 - (1-4) tied for 5th despite a lot of returning talent.
2017 - ( 1-4) 5th place despite a lot of returning talent.

Before Servite can think of competing with MD or Bosco, they have first become the "best of the rest." Meyer couldn't make that happen, and in fact, seemed to go backwards, and now you see where we are. Had Meyer finished 3rd this past season, he'd still have a job, and the confidence of the players and the fans.
Last edited by Professor Fate on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Servite does not want to do that

Shouldn't you add like they did before?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Again, unnecessary. It was well documented by none other than that anti-transfer crusader Eric Sondheimer, in this article from May 23, 2011.

"People are trying to understand how Thomas has been able to guide Servite to consecutive Pac-5 Division championships without being accused of illegal recruiting."

"Whether you're a private school or public school, recruiting is wrong," Thomas said. "It's not high school athletics."

If public school coaches could feel comfortable that coaches or parents at private schools weren't trying to recruit their players, more cooperation could take place.

Return to “High School”