Super Teams

hit the lights

Super Teams

Post by hit the lights » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:48 am

Mater Dei
Bosco
Corona Centennial

Those are the top three in So Cal right now.
Super Teams get the cream of the crop,
MD gets QB Bryce Young
Bosco has DJ at QB
Corona Centennial picks up Hank Bachmeier at QB.
The all CIF teams for all divisions came out, there were a number of 10th graders that made the list
Bosco's DJ at QB
MD- db Elias Ricks
MD - qb Bryce Young
La Habra - db Clarck Phillips
Upland - LB- Justin Flowe
Calabasas- Johnny Wilson WR
Oaks Christian- wr, Bryce Ferrell
Will super teams pursue these guys?
Who do you think is a SUPER TEAM?

SoCalFball

Re: Super Teams

Post by SoCalFball » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:17 am

Hank to CC hasn’t happened so can’t put him down for that transfer. Plus I wouldn’t consider CC a super team compared to MD and Bosco.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 am

Hank has been at CC several times ....want to put some money on this?
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Nope but when will it happen?

TheFight'nFriar

Post by TheFight'nFriar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:39 pm

I think you may see a bit more kids from Corona make the journey to the OC in the future. This will come in the shape of MD being appealing, or, the resurgence of TT back at Servite. Thomas has had some kids come to Servite from Corona, and it would serve as a warm welcome to get The Khalil family more involved as the program makes a complete turnaround. Offensive coaches under Meyer were already from the Corona area, so there's a shot that the super team may take a hit

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:12 am

Servite on its way back to a super team.
Welcome back TT!

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 am

Why all the love for TT?
He was mediocre at best at Crespi these last 5 years.
The old days are over, you need players and SERVITE doesn't have any, also players today are out of control ( see MD penalty after penalty, ski mask, unsportsmanlike penalties constantly )
I thought TT was old school tough, my way or the highway, that unfortunately doesn't work today Daddy will take them somewhere else where the coach will allow that stuff ( again see MD )
Tomes have changed and the landscape has changed I don't think TT has!!!
Stay tuned

TheFight'nFriar

Post by TheFight'nFriar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:24 am

@Daforno

I agree with your point that you make about kids today. Alot of individuals and not a lot of team ball being played. His tenure at Crespi was less than stellar, but one has to consider this. TT went into Crespi with the montra of "my way or the highway". Of course it's a culture shock to valley kids. They had to buy into some nut preaching his ways. Prior to 2012-2013 TT was not egotistical. He ran a system, much like the spurs or patriots, with the idea of "next man up". He had a team, and i think that is what is the difference in this day and age. No matter what, Servite is a school of tradition and fundamentals. TT was loved by the school in the earlier years because of his dedication to said values.

I am worried to see how he will be, but time does heal all wounds. Maybe now he's changed. Surely he has enough for administration to give him a second chance, especially after the fact that they got rid of him the first time around. Just hoping Servite becomes competitive again.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:32 am

"Time heals all wounds" is a nice platitude, but it's not accurate. Over time, some wounds develop gangrene.

But I agree with the observation that times have changed drastically. An inflexible coach who insists "it's my way or the highway" is often going to be faced with a very crowded highway.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:28 am

I'm not so sure TT is its my way or the highway, but he is the coach and if he tells you to do something, i guess you better do it! The inmates do not run the asylum., not in TT's crib. There are alot of kids out there, good kids, who strive for academic excellence and love to compete in the weight room , classroom, and on the grinder on friday nights. Maybe like a Stanford type of kid. Morally sound, respects authority, and is willing to pay the price to be great.
Will TT win all of his games, probably not, not right away, but he will bring a great atmosphere , a competitive one, and brings a Good player of his own. His son is a pretty damn good football player that can be a leader and lead by example , not talk. No doubt the Trinity is the best league in the nation, as we see a saftey from Texas land at MD.This kid is 6'3 180 with offers from Alabama and more. TT will bring a blue collar, bring your lunch box to work attitude, maybe like a MMA brawler, that will get in the weight room with his kids and out lift them. Hes leading by example, and high energy. Nothing wrong with a good guy getting another chance and especially with the stats his teams put up while he was there.

albundyrules

Post by albundyrules » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:32 am

that sure worked out at crespi.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am

Sometimes theres only so much you can do. Look at Herrington who is a legendary coach, who did what he could at Alemeny, was let go, took his game to Paraclete and is doing great things. Alemeny is worse off now. Maybe Crespi was just a place where coaches go to end their careers? Servite obviously cares and is doing what they can to be relevant again. I think Thomas is going to try and build a good freshman team that can compete as seniors, but thats going to take a few years, i dont think the Servite alum or board wants to wait. Maybe thats why Thomas hasnt moved yet, and is sleeping on a cot in the coaches office. Patience is a virtue. All good things come to those who wait., all those good sayings. lol

scj60

Post by scj60 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:54 am

I agree with HTL. Sometimes there is only so much you can do. TT was also hampered by the lack of numbers. You have to have depth to compete in the Mission and Trinity and they have not had that for several years.

I think he will do well at Servite. They might struggle a little next season but they will compete.

sammy swordsman

Post by sammy swordsman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Playing the long game......Thomas back at Servite......Rollo retires within the next couple years.....turmoil at MD.....kids flock to Servite......Friars start beating MD regularly beginning in 2021

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 pm

hit the lights wrote: I think Thomas is going to try and build a good freshman team that can compete as seniors, but thats going to take a few years, i dont think the Servite alum or board wants to wait. Maybe thats why Thomas hasnt moved yet, and is sleeping on a cot in the coaches office.
Whoever took over was going to need a guarantee of at least three years, and I am sure Servite will give Thomas that long, and if he shows good progress, he'll get more. The first year is muy importante, but first year wins and losses aren't. After that he'll need to show good progress.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

sugarcoat

Post by sugarcoat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 am

hit the lights wrote:Sometimes theres only so much you can do. Look at Herrington who is a legendary coach, who did what he could at Alemeny, was let go, took his game to Paraclete and is doing great things. Alemeny is worse off now. Maybe Crespi was just a place where coaches go to end their careers? Servite obviously cares and is doing what they can to be relevant again. I think Thomas is going to try and build a good freshman team that can compete as seniors, but thats going to take a few years, i dont think the Servite alum or board wants to wait. Maybe thats why Thomas hasnt moved yet, and is sleeping on a cot in the coaches office. Patience is a virtue. All good things come to those who wait., all those good sayings. lol
Patience? He who hesitates is lost. Now or never. Impulse.

ventura

Post by ventura » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:42 am

albundyrules wrote:that sure worked out at crespi.
Crespi screwed up with Thomas. Pretty sure he didn't want to leave, even though the program was headed for lower levels. The freshman class was the best we've had in a while, and maybe Troy was learning the new curve with d___-head parents and their unfortunate affect on their sons. It was horrible watching Crespi get trounced the past two years, but it was cool thinking about idiot parents coming in thinking they could leverage and being shown the door. So many transferred out.

Does Servite even want to try to compete with MD/Bosco's current ways? If I'm Sammy, or Fate, I wouldn't want to. Thomas can do a lot with less than most (Crespi's 2014 30 man squad is evidence of that), but what's happened to Trinity since he left Servite is a whole new deal.

I always wish Troy the best, and hope good things for Servite, but I'm not optimistic here. Hope I'm wrong.

TheFight'nFriar

Post by TheFight'nFriar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/02/v ... o-servite/

After watching this video, it appears as there's a fresh breath of air with him. He seems back in his element at Servite and seems excited to be back. The interview acknowledges the differences that were present between administration and TT. I don't think TT screws that up again. It looks like a welcomed homecoming for the two. Excited to see where he goes this coming season with this team!

sammy swordsman

Post by sammy swordsman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Ventura - my expectations are for TT to attract Trinity league competitive freshmen classes. The transfers that MD and Bosco are getting is insane. Eventually Negro will go to a college program and Rollo will retire, things will calm down.

I'm not expecting much next year, but expect to win 2 of 3 from SM, JSerra, OLU, in years 2+. I think most Servite stakeholders will be happy with that plus a first round playoff win. Maybe a semi final appearance in year 4.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:24 pm

ventura wrote: It was horrible watching Crespi get trounced the past two years, but it was cool thinking about idiot parents coming in thinking they could leverage and being shown the door. So many transferred out.
According to Maxpreps, in 2012 there were 71 players on the Crespi varsity. TT took over in 2013, and you say they were down to 30 in 2014?

Either well over half the team's parents were "idiots", or... :-k
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump