Hottest recruit in Orange County

hit the lights

Hottest recruit in Orange County

Post by hit the lights » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 am

Clark Phillips 3, Or better known as CP3, just received another PAC 12 offer. This time its from UTAH.
Phillips first received his offer from other PAC 12 UCLA after his 3 interception for TDS game last season, but offers keep coming. He was the only sophomore selected to the all county team. Phillips is a 5'11 180 lb lock down corner, who can also play the run and tackle or knock you silly. Phillips is also a major threat at WR / RB too. He is just a all around legit athlete. He could be the best to ever come out of La Habra. Keep a eye out for this rising star.
You can catch a glimpse of this beast on under the radar. Not only is he a great player, but very well grounded and a great student too. Some PAC 12 team is going to get a gem.

NotDonaldBren

Re: Hottest recruit in Orange County

Post by NotDonaldBren » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:04 am

hit the lights wrote: He could be the best to ever come out of La Habra. Keep a eye out for this rising star.
The Bosco coaches were PISSED when Big Clark pulled little Clark out of Bellflower. Great transfer pickup last year for Frank Mazzotta and the Highlanders. Kid is a major baller. They've never had a DB of that caliber, that young. UCLA and Utah will be small change by the time he's done. Should be a national recruit including SEC and Big 10 powers.

And he might end up being the 2nd best recruit on that team. Kobah Fuamatu is a MONSTER at linebacker. Both only sophomores.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:55 am

Speaking of sophomore recruits who are EN FUEGO ... Mater Dei DB Richard Sherman ... uhh I mean Elias Ricks is racking up MAJOR offers this offseason. Florida and LSU have offered within a couple weeks, not to mention Mississippi and Louisville in the meantime. Well into double digit offers before the end of his sophomore year and already has offers from half of the Pac 12 including UCLA, Utah, Oregon, Cal, Arizona and Colorado, added to Nebraska, Boise St and others.

Kid is legit 6'2" 185 and still growing, started every game at corner for MD as a Soph. Standout game was probably 2 picks and a couple PBUs against Long Beach Poly in CIF quarterfinal against Ole Miss QB signee Matt Corrall, while going 1 on 1 with Oregon signee Jalen Hall, a top 5 senior WR in the west. Has a WR background, very physical and competitive kid with a good edge about him, and has good speed with LONG strides and long arms. Basically the new prototype for elite corner recruits. 3.5 GPA as well, good head on his shoulders. College coaches salivating.

Said last week that he is hoping for an offer from SC, his dream school. Mom is an SC grad and he's been attending camps there since middle school.

albundyrules

Post by albundyrules » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:14 am

hit the lights wrote:Clark Phillips 3, Or better known as CP3, just received another PAC 12 offer. This time its from UTAH.
Phillips first received his offer from other PAC 12 UCLA after his 3 interception for TDS game last season, but offers keep coming. He was the only sophomore selected to the all county team. Phillips is a 5'11 180 lb lock down corner, who can also play the run and tackle or knock you silly. Phillips is also a major threat at WR / RB too. He is just a all around legit athlete. He could be the best to ever come out of La Habra. Keep a eye out for this rising star.
You can catch a glimpse of this beast on under the radar. Not only is he a great player, but very well grounded and a great student too. Some PAC 12 team is going to get a gem.
How did he play and go to La Habra if he never moved and lives in lakewood?

OCLongBall

Post by OCLongBall » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 pm

hit the lights wrote:Clark Phillips 3, Or better known as CP3, just received another PAC 12 offer. This time its from UTAH.
Hottest recruit in OC is Bru McCoy hands down

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:56 pm

I agree, Kobah is a major player at OLB.
The only other guy out there on his level is Justin Flowe of Upland .
Kobah is relentless and plays with speed, power, and enthusiasm. A little on the smaller side, but makes up for that with his speed and strength.
Another kid who is going to make some noise is another sophomore at La Habra , in QB , Ryan Zanelli.
The two you mentioned at MD are no doubt 2 excellent players that will be impacting the Monarchs play this upcoming season.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:31 pm

OCLongBall wrote: Hottest recruit in OC is Bru McCoy hands down
Hottest recruit West of the Mississippi. More like BEST recruit. I think he's the best in the COUNTRY. As my guys Greg Biggins and Keith Miller said, Bru is what a pro looks like in HS.

From a sheer ability standpoint, HE could have reclassified and been ready to play college ball this year. Its going to be totally unfair next season. Especially with him as a wideout at 6'3" 220, with that amount of fast twitch. He's out there making 5 star corners like Chris Steele look helpless.

And a 4 year MD player, but don't tell the board I mentioned it lol.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:41 pm

albundyrules wrote: How did he play and go to La Habra if he never moved and lives in lakewood?
Clark enrolled and played at Bosco as a freshman, but only played freshman ball there. MDDad is the expert on CIF transfer rules around here, but I think if you never played varsity football at your prior school, you can transfer and be immediately eligible at another school. Especially private to public. And as a fall back, I think you can transfer into a public if you make ANY residential move (even if not into that school's district).

albundyrules

Post by albundyrules » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 am

The only way you can be eligible to play after transferring from one school to another in any year freshman-senior is to
1. Five game sit out
2. VALID change of residence. (From private to Public must be out of the district you lived in while going to that private school and enroll in that public school district or clearance from the public school to live outside the district but must be outside the previous home district)

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:57 am

All that is correct, if you replace the word "district" with "enrollment area". Almost all public schools have enrollment areas, and if you move from one to another you could still be in the same school district, yet it would qualify as a valid change of residence.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:42 pm

albundyrules wrote: The only way you can be eligible to play after transferring from one school to another in any year freshman-senior is to
1. Five game sit out
No five game sit out if you change schools during the school year (i.e. January transfer) and otherwise meet requirements. The ridiculous five game/30-day penalty seems to only be applicable to post-school year transfers who don't meet requirements. This is why most football transfers occur in January, not the summer.
Last edited by NotDonaldBren on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:57 pm

MDDad wrote: All that is correct, if you replace the word "district" with "enrollment area". Almost all public schools have enrollment areas, and if you move from one to another you could still be in the same school district, yet it would qualify as a valid change of residence.
So, changing "district" to "enrollment area," are we saying that to transfer from private to public, you must move into the public school's "enrollment area?" That makes sense, but I thought the rule was you don't have to move to the the public school's enrollment area if you make ANY residential move. I may be confusing that with the rules for transferring to a PRIVATE school. Perhaps its a private school transfer that simply requires a change of residence to ANY other area.

And are we sure that these potential sit-out restrictions and change of residence rules apply to kids who've never even played the varsity sport that is being regulated (i.e. only lower levels)? I am under the impression that lower levels are not regulated by CIF in the same manner, but that could be wrong.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:55 pm

NotdonaldBren wrote:So, changing "district" to "enrollment area," are we saying that to transfer from private to public, you must move into the public school's "enrollment area?" That makes sense, but I thought the rule was you don't have to move to the the public school's enrollment area if you make ANY residential move. I may be confusing that with the rules for transferring to a PRIVATE school. Perhaps its a private school transfer that simply requires a change of residence to ANY other area.

Maybe an example will help. Say a high school kid lives across the street from Anaheim High School with his parents or legal guardians, and they want to transfer. It doesn’t matter whether he’s currently attending Anaheim, Servite, Fairmont, Mater Dei or any other high school. The only thing that matters is where he wants to go.

He currently lives in the Anaheim High School attendance area of the Anaheim Union High School District. If he wants to transfer to a public school like Magnolia or Savanna, he has to move out of the Anaheim High School attendance area and into the attendance area of Magnolia or Savanna. He would be immediately eligible even though he did not change school districts, because all those schools are in the same district. If he wants to transfer to a public school like Fullerton or Orange, he has to move out the Anaheim High School attendance area and into the attendance of those schools. In this case, he would be changing school districts as well.

If he wants to transfer to a private school like Servite, Fairmont or Mater Dei, he has to move out of the Anaheim High School attendance area, and into the attendance area of any other public high school. It can be two hundred miles farther away, but he would be immediately eligible. (Nobody said the CIF rules have to make sense.) If he wanted to attend Fairmont, which is within the Anaheim High School attendance area, he would actually have to move farther away into the attendance area of another public high school in order to attend that school. (Like I said, making sense is optional.)
And are we sure that these potential sit-out restrictions and change of residence rules apply to kids who've never even played the varsity sport that is being regulated (i.e. only lower levels)? I am under the impression that lower levels are not regulated by CIF in the same manner, but that could be wrong.
I’m not sure. I believe the 30-day sit-out rule applies only to sports in which the student has participated at the varsity level in the 12 months prior to his transfer, but I could be wrong on this.

I also think your contention that the 30-day sit-out rule doesn’t apply if you transfer during the school year is incorrect, but that will take some digging to confirm.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

The attendance area examples makes sense. Thanks. The thing that doesn't quite make sense is the reality of it. It seems some kids are transferring into public schools (say, LB Poly, Centennial, Mission Viejo, La Habra, Upland, etc.) and in some cases there is evidence that they are not moving into that attendance area. The private school residential moves (much easier) seem to be happening, but the public school moves don't always seem to be occurring -- at least not into the actual attendance area. So I think that's where I was confused. But I'll leave that alone for now.
MDDad wrote: I also think your contention that the 30-day sit-out rule doesn’t apply if you transfer during the school year is incorrect, but that will take some digging to confirm.
Here's the reason I say this: for at least the last couple of years, using football as an example, kids that have transferred into new schools in January (during school year) have not missed any games at all in the fall. Kids that have transferred in the summer have missed the five games. I recently spoke to a coach (at a school with a unique small animal mascot) that was PISSED about this, and said that if a certain player had made his decision to transfer to their school a bit earlier (like some of their other player transfers), he would not have missed half the season. He thought the discrepancy was ridiculous.

Now, I'm assuming the 30-day period can't run in January if you're a football player, because that would make no sense (assuming again that things should make sense). If, somehow, the CIF is saying that a FOOTBALL player who transfers to a new school in January must serve a sit out period of 30 days immediately upon transfer, then that player wouldnt be missing anything in his actual sports season (I guess he would if he played basketball or a winter sport).

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:57 pm

The CP3 thing was a really weird deal. Clark did not move. CIF was told about it and when they did the research they found La Habra broke the rules. Although Clark played in the Upland, Tesoro, Mission, Oak Grove and Colony game they only had to forfeit the last game vs Colony. They should have had to forfeit all those games. He then sit out the 30 days and did not play again until Buena Park which was game 9.

It was a really weird deal, not sure what kind of deal they made with CIF??? --:--

NotDonaldBren, the CIF SS rule for transfer is......
#1 Make a valid change of address
or sit for the first 30 games of the season.
Has nothing to do with you leaving a school during the school calendar year (Jan, Feb) or after the school year (july) and has nothing to due with playing freshman, jv, varsity etc... The coach you spoke with is clueless.

Now many a player does not make the valid change of address and the new school doctors the address and signs off, as in the case of Clark. Two of the better MD players this year never moved and played right away and if CIF had known they would have to forfeit games.

This is a CIF rule that is broken very often and hard to prove. Many schools sign off KNOWING the kid never moved because it is very hard to prove. You basically need to sit outside the kids previous address and film him coming in and out and then send it to CIF and hope they do something about it.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 am

credofriar wrote: Clark did not move. CIF was told about it and when they did the research they found La Habra broke the rules. Although Clark played in the Upland, Tesoro, Mission, Oak Grove and Colony game they only had to forfeit the last game vs Colony.
If this is all true, likely that Colony was the snitch after he had 3 picks for 140 return yards against them.
credofriar wrote: NotDonaldBren, the CIF SS rule for transfer is......
#1 Make a valid change of address
or sit for the first 30 games of the season.
Its definitely not that cut and dry, as the validity of address changes alone differs based on the school you are transferring to. See above. And the Clark Phillips situation exhibits it doesn't necessarily have to be the FIRST 30 days of the season.
credofriar wrote: Has nothing to do with you leaving a school during the school calendar year (Jan, Feb) or after the school year (july) and has nothing to due with playing freshman, jv, varsity etc... The coach you spoke with is clueless.
Citation??? Anybody have the CIF rules to back up this opinion? There are MANY transfers over the last several seasons seem to refute this. I'm not inclined to call a coach at a CIF D1 school "clueless" any more than I am the folks on here. Coaches deal with CIF directly on a regular basis. But its possible that some here may spend their days analyzing the rules and decrying their lack of enforcement, or be CIF employees for all we know. Or we could all just be speculating. Either way, would love to see these rules in print.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:06 am

credofriar wrote: Now many a player does not make the valid change of address and the new school doctors the address and signs off, as in the case of Clark.
Proof? DOCTORING? Something obviously went on with Clark, but I'd be interested in seeing actual proof that was the case.
credofriar wrote: Two of the better MD players this year never moved and played right away and if CIF had known they would have to forfeit games.
Which players? We talking about the well worn, still unsubstantiated rumors about Solo and Mase? Just checking in on that, because I'm still waiting on proof there, and for the rest of the League (See below). These are bold and scandalous claims, would like to know what proof we have of any of it. I mean, other than "I've got a good friend on the inside that knows there's a booster that did this and that and there's proof that I dont have rught now but but but." Like, this stuff is all allegedly "often hard to prove," but if there is real proof, it's not that hard. If there isn't, then yeah, that's hard to prove.

I get it, MD's a huge target right now because they are doing the same thing everyone else is doing with transfers, they just did it better last year (and possibly again in 2018). But it'd be great to see proof of this claim in particular, in light of the fact that same claim (from last season alone) could be alleged about 6-8 kids at Bosco, 4-6 kids at OLu, 3-5 kids at JSerra, at least 2-3 kids at Servite, and at least the QB at Santa Margarita (Fullerton resident).

But if its all just speculation based on rumors, then those all basically cancel each other out and its reckless to just try to say one team with transfers should have their games forfeited. For example, if JSerra wins CIF and State this year, I could come here one year from now and just lob out to the universe (with no proof) that Caden Bell never moved and Chris Street never moved and neither did the Centennial brothers or their other army of transfers. But unless I had creepy stakeout videos of them boarding the ol' JSerra shuttle, I'd have no proof, like there apparently is none here.

The entire Trinity League could be forfeited based on unsubstantiated rumors! And several public school seasons as well!
credofriar wrote: This is a CIF rule that is broken very often and hard to prove. Many schools sign off KNOWING the kid never moved because it is very hard to prove. You basically need to sit outside the kids previous address and film him coming in and out and then send it to CIF and hope they do something about it.
So there is no proof? Or do you have these stakeout videos? LOL. I'd just like to see SOMEONE throw out some proof of ONE KID that broke these rules in the way that's being speculated, from ANY of these schools. They are ALL in the same boat with these accusations until we see some proof to separate, like we saw with Bosco having 8 games vacated in 2012. Depending on the year, the magnitude of accusations changes. Not one is above the fray when it comes to transfers and speculation.

That's not a defense of one school, it's a call out that EVERYONE is playing the field, especially in this Trinity game. If another school wins next year, I want to see if the same types of accusations are made, because they could be - especially if based on no evidence.

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Bosco forfeit 4 games in 2012 (not 8) for a 4 year bosco player.
It was found out after 8th grade he went Europe and the school he went to was considered a hs even though he enrolled there and played no sports. he came back home in January and did 8th grade home schooling until he enrolled at bosco in the fall. This all happened 2 years before negro was even hired. Once negro/bosco found out it was SELF REPORTED to cif.
1 of the md players that never moved was a sophomore on varsity that played at bosco as a freshman. He never moved (friends still go to his same house he was at as a freshman) which is illegal according to the cif rules.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 pm

It was indeed 4 forfeits in 2012 for Bosco, confused that with 8 which was the number of legitimate games they WON that year -- my bad. Bosco still had had 4 years to figure out the kid couldn't play as a redshirt senior and failed to, so that was on them. Regardless of whether the Euro vortex school/home school/potential holdback/who knows the real truth - story is true. Negro was probably too busy getting the Lakewood group and all other double digit transfer kids on that 2013 team into school at the time, and it slipped his mind. And of course, NONE of those kids from the 2013 16-0 team moved, based on rumors. If we just believed what was said about that team, Bosco should have forfeited EVERY game in 2012 other than the Poly loss, and every one of their 2013 wins. But I digress.

Again, some of the allegations made here are self-serving. Like the allegation made above that Zion Alefosio never moved to his current residence after having played FRESHMAN ball at Bosco in 2016 and transferring to Mater Dei. That could easily be countered by the player going the other way in that "trade" -- could be alleged that BELLFLOWER RESIDENT Vito Logoleo never moved after transferring to Bosco last year from Mater Dei, after having played VARSITY ball in 2016 (I'm sure we could say plenty of kids still going over Vito's "same house," including his cousin Nate).

We can do this accusations thing all day. For EVERY major private school in California, plus a bunch of top public school programs (to name a few: Centennial, Narbonne, SB Cajon, Mission Viejo, Poly, RC, Upland, Westlake, Rancho Verde and even high and mighty San Clemente (One Town, One Team, One OUT OF TOWN, last minute QB Transfer)). If people want to be upset about transfers, which have been happening forever at every type of school, happening for different reasons and in clusters to certain schools -- then be mad. Let's just not act like the ACCUSATIONS that are lobbed out cant be lobbed out equally at every school that competes for championships at the higher levels.

That would be a never ending thread. But I guess that's what drives this board.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 am

Hey, CIF has opened the floodgates, kids can go wherever they want, no more athletically motivated, follow a coach, who is going to have the time or man power to sit outside of someones house? If you have a recruiting coordinator, for HS, LOL, you can do big things, you too can be a SUPERTEAM. LOL!!
Have we forgot what this vehicle called football is all about?? I think its been lost, and it aint coming back, its win at all costs, and its up to YOU to decide if you wanna dance with the devil. :mex: