Hottest recruit in Orange County

OutOfState

Re: Hottest recruit in Orange County

Post by OutOfState » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 am

Omar Bongo wrote:No. I don't know much about IMG, but I know Bosco is returning a lot of talent.

MD lost almost their entire offense and much of their D and are trying to incorporate a lot of new parts in a sport that favors teamwork over individual talent.

As I said somewhere else here, with the schedule they have I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them lose several games this year.
I agree. MD may indeed have just as much, if not more, talent this next season. But last year’s team had talent plus they clicked on all cylinders together. The O-line was something to behold and JT and his receivers were on the same page always.
I would say that the way next years MD team is comprised is analogous to IMG....... ridiculously talented but how will they perform as a unit?
Bosco should have the most cohesive unit and that gives them the edge. It wouldn’t surprise me either if Bosco wins the 1st matchup in October and MD wins in Dec.... like the 2016 season with roles reversed.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:09 pm

More news on the "HOT" recruit front....

CDM's Mark Redman nabbed a UCLA offer this past weekend..., Notre Dame was also all talking this kid up and boom the Wolverines of Michigan make the first BIG TEN move...... Congrats to our guy M.R., two more high school seasons to go.... :thumbsup:
MRCDM#MICH.png
MRCDMUMOffer.png
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Newps

Post by Newps » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Cdm’s 2020 QB Ethan Garbers just got the 1st of many D1 offers, San Jose St.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 pm

EGarbSJST.png
with an impressive showing at UCLA last week and has yet to take a starting snap, good things coming for CDM and Garbers II. E. Garb + M.R. + J. Hump = TD's :-$
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Mater Dei incoming freshman DB/WR Domani Jackson (2022) was offered on the spot by Clay Helton and USC at the Rising Stars camp over the weekend.

Also offered after the camp by Iowa St, San Jose St and Colorado St (camp included coaches from many other D1 schools), adding to earlier offers from Louisiana and Liberty. Hasn't even gone to orientation or homeroom in HS yet. Looks like a Bru McCoy clone. One to watch over the next few years.

4ks.up

Post by 4ks.up » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 am

Pretty impressive for someone who hasn't even stepped foot on campus. Its gonna be a long drive from Murrieta everyday to SA though...

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 am

Corona. Just out the 91. He can ride out with the other Trinity Lg kids, and wave to the Centennial kids heading east.
Last edited by NotDonaldBren on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 am

Villa Park QB Paul Piferi commits to Purdue. Joins former VP QB Nick Sipe with the Boilermakers.

4ks.up

Post by 4ks.up » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 am

I remember hearing that SM had a van pool at the Home Depot off of Weir Canyon. I guess that will be the first stop.

Nevertheless, super impressive.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:23 am

NotDonaldBren wrote:Villa Park QB Paul Piferi commits to Purdue. Joins former VP QB Nick Sipe with the Boilermakers.
Piferi should be one of the OC's top QB's. It was quite confusing last season with Illingsworth at VP and the platooning that went on. I have not seen P.P. play in person but he seems to have the classic Pro-Style drop back game. V.P. should be one of the better publics in OC this coming season.

Just curious on what really was going on at VP with Illingsworth? Why did he show up at a OC public school that had a D1 prospect already at QB? --:-- And now that he is gone did P.P. look better? Any Spartan Fans on board here...?

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:26 am

PPVP.png
with MICHIGAN knocking at CDM's door for TE Mark Redman this week, Villa Parks SR QB Paul Piferi makes big recruit news with PURDUE commit..... :thumbsup: Congrats kid, reppin' the OC QB's in the NCAA! Looks like the BIG TEN is in the southland!

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:01 am

SK80 wrote:Just curious on what really was going on at VP with Illingsworth? Why did he show up at a OC public school that had a D1 prospect already at QB? --:-- And now that he is gone did P.P. look better? Any Spartan Fans on board here...?
If you recall the transfer fiasco over at Corona last summer, Illingworth, Johnson, Holyfield, Naverette, were all ruled ineligible right before the season started after transferring from Centennial. Naverette ended up at Norco, but Illingworth, Johnson originally came from LA Hawkins, and Holyfield, were scrambling and ended up at Villa Park. It was a given Illingworth stay would be short lived. I don't think he had any intentions of staying, and at the time Piferi, was still an unknown and recruiting hadn't taken off yet. And once the season ended he was gone.. sure enough he's now at Norco.

And now he's some what in the same position at Norco, Norco has a 3 year starting QB in Nick Lasher, though he's not a D1 prospect. And if you've seen/read what Illingsworth has done in the offseason, its going to be interesting to see what happens at Norco.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am

Should we let ROAD "RAGE" RUNNER aka BnP chime in on how the Norco-sters are doing....... :lol:

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:15 pm

People want to argue about anything and everything these days, but I think we can all agree on one thing:

The lighting on that Piferi Purdue pic is phenomenal.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:46 am

I'll agree with you there NDB, the "Photography and Related Media" department at Purdue gets an "A"... :thumbsup:

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Mark Redman from CDM adds an offer from Colorado Buffs to the numerous Pac 12 and national offers he recently collected. Boy is still on fire.

WR Logan Loya of OLu adds another Pac 12 offer this week from Oregon. Oregon also offered JSerra RB Chris Street. Oregon has offered half the players in the Trinity Lg this offseason.

JoJo Forest of MV picked up first Pac 12 offer from Wazzu. Had a bunch of MW offers and interest thus far.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Is it me or as the new era ramps up offers are coming even earlier and now some Sophs. --:-- are in the mix more than ever....

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Some schools clearly aren't dissuaded by class year anymore in recruiting, evidenced by their inviting any class year to their camps. Including the smaller "elite" camps. Kids from rising 9th graders -- just entering high school -- and up are getting invited to campus in the offseason, and some of those kids just coming out of 8th, 9th, and 10th grade are getting offers (most of them non-committable).

Landscape has completely changed. The entire decision timeframe has as well, both for when schools make offers and when recruits make decisions. And the early NSD/early enrollee-trend has only sped things up even more.

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:48 pm

Mater Dei also had two more players make college commitments this weekend:

6'8" Brisbane Australia-native OT Luke Felix-Fualalo to Utah (whats a better fit for that kid than a program with an Aussie pipeline and a ton of Poly kids?).

DT Evan Bennett to Oregon State. Checked in to MD from Sacramento in the spring with mostly Mountain West offers. Got his first Pac 12 offer and committed within the week.

Congrats to those kids and universities. MD now has seven players committed to Pac 12 schools by the middle of June. Bosco and OLu have several players with double digit D1 offers, some still uncommitted and with reported summer/early commitment plans. Will be interesting to see where other TL stars end up pledging in the summer and fall.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:05 am

La Habra Henchman, Super Sophomore, Andrew Ueli Faatoalia DL / OL
Big boy, was named MVP at Oregon Ducks camp THIS PAST WEEKEND. At 6'3 305 lbs center and nose guard,
this kid is gonna blow up real soon. Already offered by a up and coming Fresno St. and ASU, ETC..
This kid could be one of the best to come out of La Habra, if he can do what Kyle Peko and Toa Lobendahn did. By the looks of him and his work ethic he is more than on track! Congrats Andrew.