Stir the pot

Buck

Re: Stir the pot

Post by Buck »

Daforno wrote:There are 1,313 High Schools in California ( from the State of California web site Dept of Education )

MD drove by all of them on their search for "this" kid. All the way to Sacramento, get real they didn't recruit this kid they came, remember "build it and they will come"

Md has built it now they are coming, better get used to it!

Seriously Daforno any casual fan can browse Rivals and find who the top underclassmen in the state are. C’mon man just admit to what MD has become, IMG West, the Best Team Money can buy. Sad to see this being Rollo’s legacy .....
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

Daforno,

The kid competed a few weekends at a lineman camp down here that was attended by Mater Dei coaches, specifically pat Dubar who arranged the entire thing.

Darrions green dad is on social media even admitting this was a calculated move and they have 2 others coming in as well.
Like I have said before mddad you can spin it any way to the handful of people on here but you have load mouths like Marty warren giving up the goods on social media.
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

OK just so I'm clear on this

Lineman camp
Kid excels
MD says come on down
Kid leaves Sacramento,
MD finds housing for the family and Dad a new job
MD relocates family, buys their house and all expenses in Sacramento
WOW
You got em!!!, just send the info over to the C.I.F. and you get your wish you catch MD Red Handed!!!
Put them on probation, the END OF ROLLO!!!!
Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 »

credofriar wrote:Daforno,

The kid competed a few weekends at a lineman camp down here that was attended by Mater Dei coaches, specifically pat Dubar who arranged the entire thing.

Darrions green dad is on social media even admitting this was a calculated move and they have 2 others coming in as well.
Like I have said before mddad you can spin it any way to the handful of people on here but you have load mouths like Marty warren giving up the goods on social media.

Total BS.. This was NOT arranged by Dubar. Kid was never going to play his senior year on Sacramento. The kid wanted to play on a bigger stage. Thats the nature of the game. He was either going to MD or IMG believe it or not, despite being a under the radar three-star kid. The school he played for is a lower level school, equivalent to D-8 school in Southern Section.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

I thought you couldn't be any good if you played for a D8 school.... #-o
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Professor said
Bosco was the first to take advantage of the weaker transfer rules, but, as I've said before, the Mater Dei/Diocesan lawsuit caused the rule changes.

So let's say for sake of a argument that is a correct statement, So?
Mater Dei had to do something they felt was needed to be done, an end to discrimination by CIF of what they thought was allowable transfers. Remember CIF backed down, what would you assume that meant?
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

This is exactly the kind of thread I described a week ago. People have their minds made up in advance, they fabriate facts to support what they want to believe, and they read only those social media posts that support them as well. Credofriar states three incorrect "facts" in his post alone. What a joke. Have fun, guys.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Buck wrote:
Seriously Daforno any casual fan can browse Rivals and find who the top underclassmen in the state are. C’mon man just admit to what MD has become, IMG West, the Best Team Money can buy. Sad to see this being Rollo’s legacy ..
Buck, I'm sure Rollo cares about what you and the other eleven anti-MD posters post about him
on this board. Geez..
Domingo

Post by Domingo »

Regardless of how or why these transfers are coming, the end result is the same. The absolute destruction of Mater Dei Football as we have come to know it. Honor Glory Love IMO don't mean anything anymore. Not when half your starting line-up are junior/senior transfers who are on campus for one reason and one reason only. These kids and their families don't give two sheets about the school and our traditions. They're here for themselves. That's not the program Bruce built. It sickens me to see this and I'm saddened for Bruce's legacy which is now forever tainted.
Macdiggity5091

Post by Macdiggity5091 »

Sour grapes huh ? He's just reporting the facts and you are getting offended they are taking on blue chip transfers at a good clip it is what it is. I hope the Friars follow suit congrats on the big pick up from Sacramento well done.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Please wake me when Domingo is finished.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

watchersince68 wrote: Remember CIF backed down, what would you assume that meant?
It meant they didn't have the money to fight it. Mater Dei's claim that the CIF was discriminating against them was laughable.

In fact...from the LA Times: Mater Dei Lawsuit Seems Frivolous, but it could be so much fun.- December 19, 2010 Eric Sondheimer

...Mater Dei feels that its athletes have been receiving "unfair treatment" from the Southern Section because of "biased application of CIF rules and regulations pertaining to Mater Dei sports programs."

In other words, Mater Dei is fed up that the Southern Section keeps asking questions about whether top transfer students should be eligible. Geez, wouldn't every school like the Southern Section to rubber stamp a transfer student?

...It's too bad witnesses aren't being called, because the Southern Section could summon an endless line of coaches, athletes, and fans that would eagerly testify under oath that they believe that the Southern Section has shown a biased application of its rules in favor of Mater Dei.

...Are they seeking to be exempt from the rules and regulations the Southern Section is entrusted with upholding?

...The Southern Section believes the lawsuit is designed to "threaten the section, or otherwise unduly influence its decisions."

Let me translate: The Southern Section thinks Mater Dei is making a preemptive strike to prevent any action against its yearly arrival of basketball transfers.

articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/19/sports/la-sp-1220-sondheimer-mater-dei-20101220
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
templar83

Post by templar83 »

Professor Fate wrote: Let me translate: The Southern Section thinks Mater Dei is making a preemptive strike to prevent any action against its yearly arrival of basketball transfers.
That's not a translation, it's an opinion based on unsupported conclusions by a newspaper reporter with old Lionhunter's recurring views of MD basketball thrown in. I'm awaiting Sondheimer's article by the way expressing outrage over the SEVEN basketball transfers Sierra Canyon received this year alone. So far he has only breathlessly reported on the fact several of the players' fathers and, or relatives, were NBA players of note. Odd, since he is such an evenhanded little guy.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Like most people, he has probably given up on basketball as a lost cause.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Professor
There is a program now on TV called Timeless it's a perfect scenario for you and Domingo. Get in that little time machine and go back to those 3 glory years Servite had a decade ago and Domingo can have a beer and watch his favorite home grown boys playing the game. Ahh those were the days!
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

This latest transfer is a white kid. He comes from a small Christian school, so he's probably up-to-date on his religion classes. Domingo and Professor Fate should both be ecstatic.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

giphy-10.gif
giphy-10.gif (531.13 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Re; Sondheimer...has been an LA biased reporter so should be no surprise he bags on OC programs...he has always done that, and MDDad I was kind of surprised you did not mention that seeing as how you have enjoyed his reporting for so many years...

He is an LA Gnome...
jb914

Post by jb914 »

MDDad wrote:This latest transfer is a white kid. He comes from a small Christian school, so he's probably up-to-date on his religion classes. Domingo and Professor Fate should both be ecstatic.
MDDad Domingo will require you post his baptismal certification and a note from his local Catholic parish priest. :lol:
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

You mean a 6`3 305lbs White kid who will be starting for MD...about time MD bring in some vanilla...
Attachments
29433366_10101710863493374_6939535094774650933_n.jpg
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"