Stir the pot

SK80

Re: Stir the pot

Post by SK80 »

Leave it to BnP to ......
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (678.49 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

ummm they make em big up north. Good acquisition. A half dozen more like him and we will be set.
Life is good at the top.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

PS
How's that for stirrin' the pot?
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

SK80 wrote:Leave it to BnP to ......

tenor.gif
Come on man...MD campus was looking so dark with all these brothers coming in, it was like looking underneath my bed. It was starting to scare the happy haircuts, penny loafer streamlined fit, Lululemon slack wearing daddys over there.
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"
SK80

Post by SK80 »

tumblr_m66fuhm8zi1r8voito1_500-1.gif
tumblr_m66fuhm8zi1r8voito1_500-1.gif (952.21 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
For a "W" they will roll with it.....
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

RoadRunner wrote:MD campus was looking so dark with all these brothers coming in, it was like looking underneath my bed.
A half-eaten burrito and a 1985 Oui magazine?
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Wow! One of the rare times Omar is actually funny.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

Mddad, 3 incorrect facts in that small post of mine?
Do explain
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Omar Bongo wrote:A half-eaten burrito and a 1985 Oui magazine?
Bongo is Back !! ROFL
BaDumTsss.gif
BaDumTsss.gif (169.7 KiB) Viewed 922 times
Domingo

Post by Domingo »

MDDad wrote:This latest transfer is a white kid. He comes from a small Christian school, so he's probably up-to-date on his religion classes. Domingo and Professor Fate should both be ecstatic.
This latest transfer is now at his 4th school in 4 years. This is what Mater Dei Football has become. What many of us have always detested about the school's basketball program. A team of little-to-no tuition paying, self-interested mercenaries and their POS parents. What joy/pride do you as a fan of this program and head coach find in rooting on a team full of transfers that come in as Day 1 starters? There is no joy in that dynamic. There can't be. The football program is now a God damn embarrassment.
SuperMonster

Post by SuperMonster »

Four schools in as many years. It has to affect the kid's education, right?
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed
SK80

Post by SK80 »

@Domingo, although you make many a good point, you as many do feel are at opposite with many whom do not share this same sentiment. It has taken on a form such as politics has today, so polarizing, when two sides or two views of the same situation just are not seen the same way.

I share very much with you the notion and the feeling that there is less joy in this dynamic. I am not sure I can say "no" joy as winning is somewhat part of all of this debate. It is about winning just more so for some than others. I think what many here object is not the "winning" aspect of the argument but "how" you win.

So if you believe to win you must acquire the best to be the best than obviously MD id doing just that. And if the objective is to win when knowing you have assembled the best and the outcome becomes such a foregone conclusion than I agree for me there has to be a lesser "joy" as you lay claim.

Reading todays Sac Bee headline "Football recruit transfers for fourth time, leaving Sacramento for national powerhouse" certainly will make this division amongst us even further on and off the field.

Football recruit transfers for fourth time, leaving Sacramento for national powerhouse
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-schoo ... 28699.html
Evan_MD.png
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Domingo, take your meds, man; the only embarrassment is what you have become, if you feel this
strongly about how MD football has become then please follow another team or rant and wave
to people that really care, Again, I'm sure Rollo could care less about what is posted about him and the
team/administration on this HSFB site and surely not your negative outbursts about how the
program has become - it is what it is..
SK80

Post by SK80 »

For those whom see it like this........,
IsWhatItIs.png
Will forever be doing this......,
spinning_earth_by_markus_weldon-d2qq2yi.gif
spinning_earth_by_markus_weldon-d2qq2yi.gif (476.35 KiB) Viewed 669 times
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

My only hope is that TT will bring Servite back to prominence so that they can a least give MD a game while they lose the next ten in a row to the Mighty Monarchs. Bagpipes playing in the distance and crying in the stands.
Still stirrin'
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

Domingo wrote:What joy/pride do you as a fan of this program and head coach find in rooting on a team full of transfers that come in as Day 1 starters?
Lots of pride! As a loyal Monarch I can’t be happier to see them dominate like they did last year and look to do so again next year. Sure some may not like their methods but no rules are being broken. These are the times we live in. If you don’t like it then just move on quietly instead of trying to act morally superior.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

:thumbsup: MORALS SCMORALS :thumbsdown:
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Exactly!
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

SK80 wrote:I share very much with you the notion and the feeling that there is less joy in this dynamic.

And if the objective is to win when knowing you have assembled the best and the outcome becomes such a foregone conclusion than I agree for me there has to be a lesser "joy" as you lay claim.
SK80, you might be surprised that I tend to agree. There is a little less joy in winning with a team containing a few key transfers rather than a group of kids that grew up in the same sandbox. But no team will ever again win a championship in the Southern Section's top two or three divisions with just local neighborhood kids -- for at least two reasons. First, too many of today's good players and their parents are unwilling to delay gratification and are always willing to move on to the next, more shiny opportunity. And second, as I posted some days ago, social media ensures that the top players are in constant contact with each other, and recruiting each other 24/7. It sometimes takes little more than a few texts or tweets from one player to get another one to move, and that's a genie that will never be put back in the bottle.

While there may be less joy in winning this way, that lesser joy is still considerably more joy than is held by the bitter grown men who whine and complain on this forum day after day, week after week, and month after month, trying to belittle another program rather than support their own.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

MDDad wrote: And second, as I posted some days ago, social media ensures that the top players are in constant contact with each other, and recruiting each other 24/7. It sometimes takes little more than a few texts or tweets from one player to get another one to move, and that's a genie that will never be put back in the bottle.
As you posted some days ago...hmmm

From June 29th...on another thread...
Playthegame wrote: so not a mystery, the paradigm has changed, not because of recruiting as much as social media being a vehicle for promotion...and it is a big deal when instantly thousands of impressions are cast so...now we have football cartel's so to speak with clubs and camps etc.