Prime Time Polynesian 5v5 Lineman Tournament

SK80

Re: Prime Time Polynesian 5v5 Lineman Tournament

Post by SK80 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 pm

These combine or skill competitions are interesting in format as well as a showcase of the projected best players of a class all going up against each other in a venue where coaches, scouts and reporters can all meet, interview, observe and so on these highly touted athletes.

That said I would like to point out that only two Orange County boys made the "TOP DOG" or "TOP PERFORMER" list. MATER DEI's MYLES MAURO and CORONA DEL MAR's MARK REDMAN.

Top performers: Polynesian Bowl & Combine

https://247sports.com/Article/Top-perfo ... -117143771

ALPHA DOG

OL Myles Murao — The class of 2020 lineman from Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei came into the camp with plenty of buzz and he backed it all up. Defenders found it very difficult to gain any ground on the four-star prospect, who flashed his strength and athleticism at tackle and guard in one-on-one battles. Murao is technically sound, competitive and composed, and should be one of the best juniors out West this coming season.

TOP FIVE OFFENSE

QB Caleb Williams — The rising sophomore from Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga was unaffected by the gusty conditions at Ed Fountain Park, showing his arm strength, touch and anticipation. He’s already picked up a handful of scholarship offers, including Michigan and Penn State, and looks like one of the better quarterbacks for the class of 2021 early on.

OL Logan Sagapolu — The stock continues to build for the powerful center from Lehi (Utah) Skyridge. Sagapolu kicked off the weekend by landing a scholarship offer from Arizona before dominating the one-on-one battles. He’s tremendously strong off the snap and keeps his feet moving through contact to toy with pass rushers. With his performance, Sagapolu earned an invite to the 2019 Polynesian Bowl.

WR Trustin Oliver — No receiver displayed the body control and fluidity that Oliver did this weekend. The three-star prospect from Parker (Colo.) Legend had the highlight of the event Sunday, going up for a ball in the corner of the end zone and hauling in the touchdown with only his left hand. Colorado State and Utah are the two big offers heading into the spring evaluation period.

TE Mark Redman — Linebackers and safeties had the unenviable task of guarding the 6-foot-6, 250-pound prospect from Newport Beach (Calif.) Corona del Mar. Redman was very impressive in the red zone, using his size to overmatch defenders and go up for the football in tight spaces. He has a good chance to be among the elite players at his position in the class of 2020.

I am still shaking my head at General Booty leaving this receiving duo at CDM. John Humphries same class 2020 already has offers from two PAC-12 schools, CAL and UTAH. These two 6'5 receivers are still sophomores :eh?:

247sports on Redman,

https://247sports.com/Article/College-F ... -117718146

247sports ranks Redman as the #12 TE in the country class of 2020 and #3 in the state of California.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Footb ... osition=TE
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:34 pm

The Men in the Trenches had there Super Linemen Challenge championship over the weekend..But The Polynesian Bowl & Combine SK80 is talking about is old news.. from April 8. Its been mentioned about already. This is the second person to have referenced an old story in the past 24 hours, right after SuperLimen Competition.. shouldn't the new story be talked about?

Super Linemen was won by Nor Cal Renegade Team (an All-Star team of Nor Cal players, mostly Pittsburgh High), beating out St. Louis HS. Mater Dei was defending champs, were missing two key starter,s bowed out in the second round. Surprisingly OLU, made it to the semis, missing out on the finals.

Interestingly, quite a few no-name, under-the-radar OC kids were named All-Tournament team.. But again these are based on how they faired on the day, not recruiting or star status.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:40 am

Yep, April 2018 is old news, ignore all the players invited from across the United States as "flash in the pans" and old news. Surely Myles Murao and the others top 5 performers mention on offense have no future impact on football. :bonk:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo