No more playing not true high schools

User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:15 am

by BuckW » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:35 am

With Mater Dei’s win over IMG it is time to put MD on the list of high schools that should not be scheduled by California schools. MD is following the same practice as IMG in recruiting 4 and 5 star juniors and seniors from other high schools.
I don't see how you can argue with that, but you know they will attack you soon BuckW.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

FatherSonHolyHldbcks
Posts: 788
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:39 pm

SoCalFball wrote:I can tell you right now CC has never had the quality of talent that transferred in. Yes they may have had 20 kids come in but it was mostly kids who had no impact on a varsity game. MD is having 4 and 5 star kids coming in big difference.
So Taylor Martinez and JJ Taylor “had no impact on a varsity game”??? Just to name a couple of Husky STAR players and future college stars that I can tell you right now were CRITICAL to a number of Logan championships.

Not to mention all the other Centennial players who technically weren’t transfers but sure as heck had their families “transfer” (assisted move) into the infamous “Centennial dorms” across the street from the HS, from all over Southern California (and sometimes even other states).
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OutOfState
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by OutOfState » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:12 pm

BuckW wrote:With Mater Dei’s win over IMG it is time to put MD on the list of high schools that should not be scheduled by California schools. MD is following the same practice as IMG in recruiting 4 and 5 star juniors and seniors from other high schools.
Recruitment of players is not the criteria for Cali teams not playing IMG after this season. Any team that does not participate in their state’s sanctioned playoffs can not play against teams that are CIF member schools. Under this rule there are teams from Cali that won’t be able to play Cali CIF schools. MD is a standing CIF member so it makes no difference whether every player in the team is a 5-star senior transfer. They would never be on this ‘list’ that you mention. But I will say that schools certainly have every right to not schedule MD and MD and Bosco are finding that it is becoming harder to schedule games now.

User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:13 pm

OutOfState wrote: But I will say that schools certainly have every right to not schedule MD and MD and Bosco are finding that it is becoming harder to schedule games now.
Exactly. Stop scheduling them, and maybe that will force a change in their behavior.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by RPW » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:30 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote: So Taylor Martinez and JJ Taylor “had no impact on a varsity game”??? Just to name a couple of Husky STAR players and future college stars that I can tell you right now were CRITICAL to a number of Logan championships.

Not to mention all the other Centennial players who technically weren’t transfers but sure as heck had their families “transfer” (assisted move) into the infamous “Centennial dorms” across the street from the HS, from all over Southern California (and sometimes even other states).
Although JJ did not start at Centennial his freshman year - do you really want to consider him as a transfer?
I am The Voice of Reason

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by RPW » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Does anyone have that strong first hand proof that MD and SJB actively recruited soph and juniors from other schools?
I am The Voice of Reason

FatherSonHolyHldbcks
Posts: 788
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:42 pm

RPW wrote: Although JJ did not start at Centennial his freshman year - do you really want to consider him as a transfer?
Yes. Absolutely.

But no one has to affirm that. It’s clear by your very description. And by basic definition.

Especially with a kid (and family) FROM COMPTON transferring/moving from a rich private school in San Juan Capistrano to attend a public school in the middle of Corona (not that they shouldn’t have had that choice).

We can’t have this stuff:

“Wait wait wait ... Not all super talented future college stars who go on to superstar, record-setting, legendary careers after transferring in, leading to multiple CIF championships, are created equal. Some just don’t count.”

No. No way. But there sure is a lot of that brand of transparent, opportunistic compartmentalization going on. Straw-man arguments. Discredits any argument that the Evil Empires should be sent off into the desert.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks
Posts: 788
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:52 pm

QB Nate Ketteringham and RB Samonte Bonner were two other Centennial transfers that had an impact on a varsity game (or a bunch).

Like that 2014 varsity CIF championship that Centennial won. They may not have been 4 and 5 star transfers, but they sure helped in beating a lot of 4 and 5 stars, and helped end the current AZ Cardinals QB’s HS career.

Centennial and other schools can operate however they want. But let’s not pretend like it’s a different business altogether. Like it or not: Transfers power championships at the highest level. At public AND private schools. Have for decades. Keep it transparent.

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by RPW » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:20 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote: Yes. Absolutely.

But no one has to affirm that. It’s clear by your very description. And by basic definition.

Especially with a kid (and family) FROM COMPTON transferring/moving from a rich private school in San Juan Capistrano to attend a public school in the middle of Corona (not that they shouldn’t have had that choice).

I didn't know he lived in Compton. Why did the rest of the family live in Corona? Why would he go to middle school in Corona but live in Compton?
I am The Voice of Reason

FatherSonHolyHldbcks
Posts: 788
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:31 pm

JJ is from Compton, not Corona. Used to take the JSerra Magic Bus for athletes from LA to SJC. Transfer/CIF legal relocation to Corona to play for Matt Logan, in a line of others. #CEN10

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 8677
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Why would he go to middle school in Corona but live in Compton?

I know the answer to the second part

Image
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

MDDad
Posts: 12122
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by MDDad » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:49 pm

RPW wrote:Although JJ did not start at Centennial his freshman year - do you really want to consider him as a transfer?
Taylor attended JSerra as a freshman and then transferred to Corona Centennial. Why would you not consider him a transfer?

SK80
Posts: 2404
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 am
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by SK80 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:14 pm

This thread is going into the abyss.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by RPW » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:46 am

MDDad wrote: Taylor attended JSerra as a freshman and then transferred to Corona Centennial. Why would you not consider him a transfer?
You got me. But I do not count going back to your home school after a freshman year at JSerra a transfer. More like a blessing.
I am The Voice of Reason

FatherSonHolyHldbcks
Posts: 788
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:29 am

LOL “home school.”

“He’s from Corona I swear. My daughter’s best friend’s cousin was in his homeroom at El Cerrito Middle ...”

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: No more playing not true high schools

Post by RPW » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:04 am

your first hand knowledge is wrong.
I am The Voice of Reason

Post Reply