OC Buckeye camp at Servite

Sixth Man

Re: OC Buckeye camp at Servite

Post by Sixth Man »

The Ducks v the Buckeyes was a lot better and football and talent than many high school teams in the county. They would have went about .500 against county teams.
Future

Post by Future »

Bick wrote:That said, I think he's got the chops to play as a freshman if he's got enough of an OL to keep him from getting destroyed by some beasts on their schedule. Really high football IQ, timing, and a decent arm that should get stronger as he matures. Just need to keep him healthy.
So does Servite have to go with the freshman strictly to keep the dad and buckeye nation happy? It would be hard to believe that the QB's that are currently enrolled at the school are that bad.....
Sixth Man

Post by Sixth Man »

I know, I know. That is not the trinity.
downtothewire

Post by downtothewire »

Future wrote:So does Servite have to go with the freshman strictly to keep the dad and buckeye nation happy? It would be hard to believe that the QB's that are currently enrolled at the school are that bad.....
Who are the QBs? I was under the impression they all left. Caden Bell went to JSerra. Who stayed?
NotTroyThomas

Post by NotTroyThomas »

Future wrote:So does Servite have to go with the freshman strictly to keep the dad and buckeye nation happy? It would be hard to believe that the QB's that are currently enrolled at the school are that bad.....

There are no QB’s at Servite.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Let me get this right, there are no CURRENT frosh, soph, jr class QB's now at Servite?
Is this right?
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

I have no idea but I'll gladly promise play the position myself if people would just stop adding an f'n apostrophe to plural nouns :steam:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Matt Barkley was a terrific talent, started as a freshman at Mater Dei, and struggled for most of the season. This incoming freshman at Servite is no Matt Barkley, and the thought of him starting on varsity this fall is frightening.
NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren »

RPW wrote: Do all of you soft ankles use the"$" as some little joke?
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH noooo he didn't .... feel like I'll get called a jive turkey, a "dame" or a fuddy-duddy next.
RPW

Post by RPW »

NotDonaldBren wrote: OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH noooo he didn't .... feel like I'll get called a jive turkey, a "dame" or a fuddy-duddy next
Can I call you an *******?
I am The Voice of Reason
RPW

Post by RPW »

guess not.
I am The Voice of Reason
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

It's what comes out of the mouth that defiles a man...
RPW

Post by RPW »

Good Lord --:--
I am The Voice of Reason
Future

Post by Future »

MDDad wrote:Matt Barkley was a terrific talent, started as a freshman at Mater Dei, and struggled for most of the season. This incoming freshman at Servite is no Matt Barkley, and the thought of him starting on varsity this fall is frightening.
What is his height/weight? Would him playing varsity even be safe? I get they are national champions but youth football and the trinity league is a little different....
TheFan

Post by TheFan »

Is he old enough to play varsity or will his parents need to sign the CIF waiver?
Future

Post by Future »

It sounds like the dad is the recruiting coordinator for the football program so I would assume he has no issues signing that.
Trenchdad

Post by Trenchdad »

I am sure like most TL "freshman" these kids have had a "gap year" and will be driving themselves to school before the end of the football season.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

MDDad wrote:
Matt Barkley was a terrific talent, started as a freshman at Mater Dei, and struggled for most of the season. This incoming freshman at Servite is no Matt Barkley, and the thought of him starting on varsity this fall is frightening.

MDDad
As I recall Matt was not given the free reigns JT was given , however did he not take us to the semi's
before he broke his collarbone? In a game he should have already been out of because the score. Then we
lost in the finals by a TD with a second string QB.
FBOC

Post by FBOC »

MDDad wrote:Matt Barkley was a terrific talent, started as a freshman at Mater Dei, and struggled for most of the season. This incoming freshman at Servite is no Matt Barkley, and the thought of him starting on varsity this fall is frightening.
Yeah the Trinity right now is not the place for a Freshman qb especially if the team has possible the least talent in the league
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Watcher,

1. Yes, Barkley was not give the free reigns to call his own plays like Daniels was, but neither was any other Mater Dei quarterback.

2. Yes, Barkley took us to the semis as a freshman, but it wasn't because of his great quarterbacking. He passed for 1,600 yards with 10 TDs and 9 picks, and those are not great numbers. He took us to the semis largely because he had Ahmed Mokhtar to hand off to and run for 1,500 yards.

3. The game in which he broke his collarbone was against Colton in the second round of the playoffs. Colton was the most explosive team in the Pac-5 that year and we only beat them by 15, so it's hard to say Barkley should have been out of the game.

4. We didn't make the finals that year, losing to Loyola 14-0 the week after Colton. Without Barkley, and with Mokhtar going down with an ankle injury in the first offensive series, we had absolutely no offense to challenge the Cubs.