OC Buckeye camp at Servite

Bick

Re: OC Buckeye camp at Servite

Post by Bick »

TheFan wrote:Bick said this wont have a major impact on Los Al talent wise, wonder why TT going to all the trouble.
Not adding up ? Bick ?
I'm an educated guy, but I'm afraid I can speak intelligently about the recruiting habits of Troy Thomas. Maybe he thinks they will develop into 5 star athletes? Or maybe he thinks there's some benefit to being connected to a club football team.

Either way, no one who left Los Al started last year, and the rest being talked about here are 8th graders. Not seeing this as a major impact...still.

As for the "racist" comment by MDD...c'mon fellas. Let's leave the outrage over that stuff on the liberal, I mean "political" forum. You can dissect the hell out of comments over there.
Viking93

Post by Viking93 »

"As for the "racist" comment by MDD...c'mon fellas. Let's leave the outrage over that stuff on the liberal, I mean "political" forum. You can dissect the hell out of comments over there."

I'm over it, he's an MD guy, it's expected.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

You guys are attacking the messenger...TT said it, MDDAD was just quoting him :wink:

I have read far more blatantly racial slurs on the channel

Exactly...spare me the sudden spasm of self-righeousness. Where is the OCC Racial Justice League when someone here throws around stealth euphemisms like "City Section transfers" or "inner-city kids" when ripping on MD?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

That's rich.

Omar, you're a card-carrying members of the always-looking-to-be-offended crowd and a pinch-hitter for Fordama when it comes to overplaying the race card.
Viking93

Post by Viking93 »

Your right Bongo (MD Guy), let's keep it real, enough of the "stealth euphemisms" if you are going to comment about an African American kid on this forum, go ahead and leave the American part out, got it :thumbsup: brother
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Other than personal attacks, anything of substance to say, Joe?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
Viking93

Post by Viking93 »

Bongo you should ask yourself the same question on about 99% of your posts.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Omar Bongo wrote:Other than personal attacks, anything of substance to say, Joe?
Oh, sorry. I wasn't attacking you, I just didn't quote it properly. That's what MDDad said to you.

MDDad wrote: I sometimes give people too much credit for common sense and rational thinking. I should have known that one of our card-carrying members of the always-looking-to-be-offended crowd would jump to the knee-jerk conclusion that my remarks were intended specifically for Obama
MDDad wrote: I always figured you were better than being a pinch-hitter for Fordama when it comes to overplaying the race card. I guess maybe I was wrong.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

So that's a no?
George Will

Donald Trump
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Correct. That's a no. No, Omar, don't be a hypocrite.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

You lost me...how was I being a hypocrite?
George Will

Donald Trump
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

:roll:
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Ditto
George Will

Donald Trump
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

watchersince68 wrote:Go ahead pick on one of the smartest kids in the room. I have read far more blatantly racial slurs on the channel.
Your guys most really be hurting to have some fun. Football will be here soon enough.
Viking93 says
"Watcher do you ever post anything that makes sense"

Viking93
If you cannot make sense of that post your need to brush up on your reading and comprehension skills.
Furthermore I get tired of the same guys complaining about the same thing time after time it's childish and boring.

It may also be possible you did not have the ability to read the post prior to my post and connect the dots.
Viking93

Post by Viking93 »

Watcher #-o

I have read a lot of, as Bongo put it "stealth euphemisms" regarding people of color throughout this forum and believe me it does bother me at times, but I have never complained about anything on this site regarding that issue. Yesterday i did called out MDDAD for his comments because it WAS offensive, especially considering that the demographics of MD's football team in no way reflect the demographics of the school. What happens next? You come to MDDAD's defense by calling him "one of the smartest kids in the room!" After what he wrote? Are you serious Watcher? Tell me how that make SENSE?

Is there really something wrong with my reading and comprehension skills? Because I read "bus in kids from Samoa and Africa" and comprehended that to mean that "from Africa means Blacks." Did I connect the dots correctly there Watcher or am I just being silly?

Sorry NotTroyThomas, didn't mean to take your post so far Off Topic but like so many times you know a topic is going to die once Watcher starts commenting and babbling.
Sixth Man

Post by Sixth Man »

Omar Bongo wrote:Where is the OCC Racial Justice League when someone here throws around stealth euphemisms like "City Section transfers" or "inner-city kids" when ripping on MD?
I was once attacked as a racist on this board for saying demographics were important factors when it comes to the strength of certain sports.
Bick

Post by Bick »

This thread is so far off course, it's become vulnerable to Somali pirates. Some here might argue that's also a racist statement because:

Somali's are black
pirates are thieves
therefore all blacks are thieves.

Wow - I'm a racist!

Glad we cleared that up.

But wait a minute. In order for me to be a racist, wouldn't I have to at least offer some form of evidence that the blood flowing in my veins, or race however that is defined, is superior to another's? Other than a thoroughbred racehorse, I've never quite understood how anyone could legitimately argue the blood in their veins was superior to mine. It seems you'd have to be a complete dolt to buy that notion, let alone be offended that someone believes his is. The appropriate response should be laughter as opposed to outrage.

Can we get back to football now?
TheFan

Post by TheFan »

Re-Calc...based on comments, if wrong, no doubt I will be corrected

Up to five underclassmen have left Los Al to Servite ? Servite fans please clarify numbers and ability...according to Bick these players do not significantly impact Los Al, so I doubt they will have an impact in the Trinity. This does not make sense second string players would transfer. Since they are not that good one would assume they are paying full boat. I do not know how Servite aid works for non stars...

A select few talented 8th graders from OC Bucks are heading to Servite. This makes sense to me since I doubt Servite could afford to help out that many kid$ from their team.

Any OC Buc coaches involved in the Servite program now?
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Sixth Man wrote:I was once attacked as a racist on this board for saying demographics were important factors when it comes to the strength of certain sports.
Preposterous. Omar said it doesn't happen.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Fan - you lose credibility if you preface a point by "according to Bick". He's the last guy I'd count on for any football knowledge prowess. He's wrong way more than he's right, and needs smart guys next to him to keep him from sounding like a complete imbecile most of the time.