OC Buckeye camp at Servite

RPW

Re: OC Buckeye camp at Servite

Post by RPW »

NotDonaldBren wrote: Bottom of what?? $ervite is certainly not at the bottom of the war chest. They've got as many re$ource$ as any TL school. The (Rich) Men of $ervite just needed someone to make them want to spend it. And to ... you know ... not suck.

Troy going to be hitting the boo$ter circuit HARDCORE this $ummer. Coming to a JT Schmidt's near you
Do all of you soft ankles use the"$" as some little joke? I have been gone from this board for years but the fact remains - many of you still cannot understand normal thinking.
I am The Voice of Reason
RPW

Post by RPW »

Omar Bongo wrote: Omar Bongo

Easy there...just having some fun with RPW while we search for our man

I thought it was funny.
I am The Voice of Reason
Future

Post by Future »

It sounds like Servite and TT are making some serious moves. OC Buckeyes are rolling in but what if Fifita is not the starting QB? What is the current QB situation at Servite?
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Servite's not going to have a QB. They are going with Leuta Ulu out of the wildcat formation.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Has any team successfully ran a wildcat throughout a whole game or season, probably a stupid question.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Half the teams in the NFL have it in their playbooks, and more teams are using it each week, but no one as much the Dolphins.

There are four options in the Wildcat, and all of them look the same. Plus, when the Dolphins use their base package in the huddle it prevents the defense from adjusting its personnel. Even though there could be some slight variations (like instead of having QB Chad Pennington in, Miami could bring in an extra receiver), every time the Dolphins run it RB Ronnie Brown is lined up at quarterback in the shotgun and RB Ricky Williams is lined up in the slot to the left. Right before the snap, Williams motions to the right and crosses in front of Brown. Meanwhile, LG Justin Smiley pulls to the right and either blocks the B-gap between the RG and RT or heads around the outside. This makes it hard for the defenders to pick up any keys. They might know the options -- but they still don't know which one to defend. Should they guard against Brown on a dive up the middle, Williams on a sweep, or even prepare for Brown to throw it to one of his tight ends?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3633005
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Uh-oh...We need Reno Hightower! Bakersfield is coming to Friarland August 16th. :shock: I wonder if Johnny O's knee is healed yet.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Again stupid question, anytime I have ever seen the wildcat it was an alternate play not used as normal offense.
The little one may know at this time does Servite intend on running the wildcat as the primary offense throughout
the game?
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

No, they also intend to run the "Jumbo" offense.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

First the bone, then the spread, then the DLS system, now the wildcat...does that coaches' office remodel include a roulette wheel of offenses?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Bick

Post by Bick »

Future wrote:It sounds like Servite and TT are making some serious moves. OC Buckeyes are rolling in but what if Fifita is not the starting QB? What is the current QB situation at Servite?
Unless the OL is really stout, I'd hate to see him out there against the beasts of the Trinity as a freshman.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Omar Bongo wrote:First the bone, then the spread, then the DLS system, now the wildcat...does that coaches' office remodel include a roulette wheel of offenses?

Just not in that order...
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

With all those varied offenses, it's the Jumbo Bone that I'm worried about. It strikes a disturbing visual.
RPW

Post by RPW »

Thomas has a history of playing the wrong QB at the wrong time due to outside pressure.

Hopefully he does not make the same mistake again and plays best QB for that present time.
I am The Voice of Reason
RPW

Post by RPW »

Players dictate what offense or defense you can run.
Who was the QB when Servite first started running the Bone or even the Wildcat with Samoodi?

Corona Centennial started running the spread way back when because they had no size.
I am The Voice of Reason
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Sounds like Servite and TT are in for an interesting year. We will either see a phoenix rising from the ashes
or a season go up in smoke. Either way there is a fire brewing. Best of luck to the program and here is hoping
you guys have a progressive and promising year.
Future

Post by Future »

RPW wrote:Thomas has a history of playing the wrong QB at the wrong time due to outside pressure.

Hopefully he does not make the same mistake again and plays best QB for that present time.
Whats the returning QB situation?
Is OC Buckeye Nation going to be up in arms (and out the door) if Fifita is not the guy? I know Fifita is highly ranked and they won the national championship but can he legitimately step in and play as a freshman?
Bick

Post by Bick »

Without casting shade here, there's not all that many teams in that organization. I think there's like 7 in So Cal, and 11 in FL to go along with a handful in some other states.

That said, I think he's got the chops to play as a freshman if he's got enough of an OL to keep him from getting destroyed by some beasts on their schedule. Really high football IQ, timing, and a decent arm that should get stronger as he matures. Just need to keep him healthy.
NotTroyThomas

Post by NotTroyThomas »

You do realize they won the National championship and who’s in their league, correct.
RPW

Post by RPW »

Pop Warner/JAAF all-stars do not always equal HS all-stars
I am The Voice of Reason